Kings vs Warriors - Draymond ejected...justified? Should he sit out G3?

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Sabonis clearly grabbed Green's ankle and held on. Sabonis was T'd up for it, so that isnt disputable.
Did Green just free his foot and then put it back down in order to start running down the court? Did Green free his foot and then put it back down on Sabonis as retaliation for the leg grab?
If Sabonis doesnt grab Green's leg, then Green doesnt get stopped and doesnt step down. So is this on Sabonis and Green shouldnt face anything more than already assessed?

Based on overwhelming comments here thru the years, I can guess what 'the pack' thinks should happen.
This could have major implications though since the Warriors, in current general form, havent been down 0-2 in a series.

dawgman42

Jul 24, 2007

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Sabonis looked more like he was reacting to the fall (almost a flop) and shielding his face and his arms tangled around Greens leg. In the motion I guess you could say he “grabbed” him but I don’t know.

Reactions: Dawgg

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Here we go with what again? Do you think that its common for me to bring up Green or Sabonis? I sure as 17 dont bring up the Kings ever, and cant remember the last time I mentioned the Warriors in a post.

I think Green was rightfully thrown out of the game because the step looked to go up and then down onto Sabonis, after Green freed his foot from Sabonis' hold.
I dont think Green should be suspended moving forward.

^ see? Thats all you need to do, just type out thoughts on the topic.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I will go ahead and own my anti-Green bias and I think he already gets away with too much.

That being said... It's a stomp and it looks more and more intentional the more I look at the replays. Suspend him the next game and maybe the series. 17 that guy.

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
If he is suspended, does that mean the Warriors repeat as champs since the title can't change on a DQ? **

• Haha

dawgman42

Jul 24, 2007
Here we go with what again? Do you think that its common for me to bring up Green or Sabonis? I sure as 17 dont bring up the Kings ever, and cant remember the last time I mentioned the Warriors in a post.

I think Green was rightfully thrown out of the game because the step looked to go up and then down onto Sabonis, after Green freed his foot from Sabonis' hold.

You're baiting a topic like you usually do. The progression of this thread is guaranteed to follow many, many other threads that you've either started or taken over.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005

Or you could just ignore it. You did kind of bait with your original post. Just saying.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
"Based on overwhelming comments here thru the years, I can guess what 'the pack' thinks should happen.
This could have major implications though since the Warriors, in current general form, havent been down 0-2 in a series."

So if you already know the reaction you'll receive it appears you're just trolling as usual. Weak.

TrueMaroonGrind

Jan 6, 2017
I would say he should get suspended. It could go either way and the Warriors will get the benefit of the doubt.

Personally I despise the way Draymond acts. Especially now that he has a podcast where he justifies his nonsense and GSW fans lap it up.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I would say he should get suspended. It could go either way and the Warriors will get the benefit of the doubt.

Personally I despise the way Draymond acts. Especially now that he has a podcast where he justifies his nonsense and GSW fans lap it up.
There is truly not a more annoying Twitter fanbase than the Warriors fans. Annoying as 17.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
You're baiting a topic like you usually do. The progression of this thread is guaranteed to follow many, many other threads that you've either started or taken over.
Oh, because I mentioned I am aware that many on here hate Green? Gotcha.
I said that because I figure I know what most will say, but still thought it would be worth bringing the event up.

I dont like a lot of Green's antics either.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
when you have to resort to womens college basketball drama (i.e. fake) to get interest in the NBA you have reached a new pathetic low

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
Sabonis clearly grabbed Green's ankle and held on. Sabonis was T'd up for it, so that isnt disputable.
Did Green just free his foot and then put it back down in order to start running down the court? Did Green free his foot and then put it back down on Sabonis as retaliation for the leg grab?
If Sabonis doesnt grab Green's leg, then Green doesnt get stopped and doesnt step down. So is this on Sabonis and Green shouldnt face anything more than already assessed?

Based on overwhelming comments here thru the years, I can guess what 'the pack' thinks should happen.
This could have major implications though since the Warriors, in current general form, havent been down 0-2 in a series.

In a vacuum - not that big of a deal. Consider Draymond's past - it's just Draymond being Draymond which is being a punk on the court so it's bigger than it actually is.

Last edited:

Dawghouse

Sep 14, 2011
So here’s the under goal angle. It really does look like Sabonis is just shielding himself after the fall.

That's not "just putting your foot down". He put all his weight into it.

I don't follow NBA so no idea if he should be suspended based on their rules but as someone who doesn't follow the NBA I know the name Draymond Green because this is consistent with his past behavior.

if he is suspended I don't think anyone can complain that he didn't deserve it

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
He should absolutely get suspended for 2 reasons. Stomping on a guy and instigating the crowd.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Now Sabonis isn’t exactly an angel either and he will tend to exaggerate some things. (I really think he flopped a little there when he was pushed.)
Yeah, unless there was an incidental leg trip that I couldnt see from the replays, Sabonis folded hard and crashed to the floor with the flair of Ginobili in 2011.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
That's not "just putting your foot down". He put all his weight into it.

I don't follow NBA so no idea if he should be suspended based on their rules but as someone who doesn't follow the NBA I know the name Draymond Green because this is consistent with his past behavior.

if he is suspended I don't think anyone can complain that he didn't deserve it
Agree that it isnt just Green putting his foot down. I didnt want to use 'stomp' in the first post because that word, to me, shows clear intent and I figured some may have not seen the video and should draw their own conclusions.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Looks like the guy on the ground may have crossed up his arms to protect his head and didn't intentionally grab dude's leg. Other dude got pissed and let his temper get the best of him and stomped hard intentionally. Eject him and 1 game suspension IMO.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
As the case with all manufactured drama, every online opinion is of the utmost importance.

Further detailed inspection and analysis is required by the entire sports community, especially for watching game 3.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Draymond is trash and deserved a suspension.

Oh well, here's a funny tweet.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
He’s not being suspended. What a bunch of BS.

Maybe the powers that be thought Sabonis held Green's leg and started the incident, so Green retaliation isn't as bad as if Green just stomped without provocation.

^ I am not justifying what Green did. I am only guessing at why he wasn't suspended(beyond the easy claim of ratings).

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login