Last day of regionals thread. Yes I know we're not in it, but you might want to see anyway.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
If you like college baseball, there should be some good games today.
Right now, Evansville is giving East Carolina all they want. They just took a 6-5 lead with a homer.

We also have games coming up between Oklahoma State and Florida, North Carolina and LSU, and Oregon State and UC Irvine.

Oklahoma who's playing UConn.

This Evansville ECU game has been great. Dozens of ECU fans are screaming their head off.

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
If you like college baseball, there should be some good games today.
Right now, Evansville is giving East Carolina all they want. They just took a 6-5 lead with a homer.

We also have games coming up between Oklahoma State and Florida, North Carolina and LSU, and Oregon State and UC Irvine.

Oklahoma who's playing UConn.

This Evansville ECU game has been great. Dozens of ECU fans are screaming their head off.
I’ll watch some when I get a chance. But, damn…. Getting mowed down by that terrible pitcher last night left a mark.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Evansville just beat ECU 6-5, oh my goodness the selection committee for NCAA baseball looks like genius is now.

I still think it would've done better hosting the games and not having to play against homecoming the whole weekend.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Our pal Lane Forsythe just got a swinging bunt to load the bases for Okie Lite.

FML.

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
Oh, my gosh, Lane Forsythe sighting. Playing SS for OK State, he worked the pitcher for a walk in the fifth. The Cowboys have the bases loaded in the inning, down 3-1.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Money has gotten into the committee and also the umps my friends

Msuirondawgs

Mar 18, 2023
Oh, my gosh, Lane Forsythe sighting. Playing SS for OK State, he worked the pitcher for a walk in the fifth. The Cowboys have the bases loaded in the inning, down 3-1.
AND he hits lead off. I think at one point we had him hitting 9th.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Down goes another national seed, 11 OK State.

I don't keep track of yearly averages or anything, but some interesting tidbits I noticed so far:

1. As of right now, not a single 2 seed has advanced to the Supers. Every advancing team has been a 1, 3, or 4 (yay, Evansville). LSU could change that with a win against North Carolina right now.

2. 9 National Seeds have advanced, 5 have been eliminated, and 2 are TBD. If both national seeds lose tonight, then we'd have 7 national seeds eliminated in the Regionals. That seems high, but, again, I don't know. If I had to bet, I would think LSU beats North Carolina and OU beats UConn and we end up with 10 out of 16 national seeds advancing.

3. So far, the ACC has advanced all of their National seeds (this could change if LSU beats UNC tonight), but no non-national seeds from the ACC advanced.

4. Evansville is the only team from a current non-Power 5 conference to advance, though UConn could change that with a win over OU tonight.

5. The Big Ten advanced NOBODY.

6. Current breakdown of conferences in the Supers vs Regionals:
SEC - 5 (with a possible 6) out of 11
ACC - 4 (with a possible 5) out of 8
Big 12 - 2 (with a possible 3) out of 6
Pac-12 - 2 out of 3
Missouri Valley - 1 out of 2
All other conferences - 0 (with a possible 1) out of 34

AdvancedEliminatedTBD
1 Tennessee5 Arkansas (Kansas State - 3 seed) 4 North Carolina (LSU - 2 seed)
2 Kentucky11 Oklahoma State (Florida - 3 seed)9 Oklahoma (UConn - 3 seed)
3 Texas A&M13 Arizona (West Virginia - 3 seed)
6 Clemson14 UC Santa Barbara (Oregon - 3 seed)
7 Georgia16 East Carolina (Evansville - 4 seed)
8 Florida State
10 NC State
12 Virginia
15 Oregon State

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
UNC vs LSU, seven total outs have been recorded in the game and we are on our fourth pitcher. This game could be fun.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
If the baseball gods granted me two Evansville baseball victories of my choosing over the course of my lifetime...

Ok, who's going to go back and figure out who all we get to berate because they made Evansville part of their "stupid scheduling of weak *** teams" diatribes??

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Super matchups so far:

Tennessee vs Evansville
Kentucky vs Oregon State
Texas A&M vs Oregon
Virginia vs Kansas State
Clemson vs Florida
Georgia vs NC State

Florida State will host the Oklahoma/UConn winner

West Virginia will travel to the UNC/LSU winner

Yes, of course the dang cajuns may end up hosting a Super after starting 3-12 in SEC play, because we can’t have nice things.

Reactions: patdog

Msuirondawgs

Mar 18, 2023
That bunt foul just now. Strikeout. That ball literally missed the bag at 3rd by 6 inches. Nuts. UNC on life support

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
Was wondering if anyone was still following the CWS, thanks for starting the thread and all of the summaries and updates. Been watching since 11 this morning (one of many benefits of being retired) and for the record, we ain't the only one with base running blunders and other various WTF's.

ETA - how/why am I always watching UCONN in these things? Pretty impressive for a NE school (and not the NE Todd Walker thinks of)

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login