Lebby offense resume overrated and over hyped.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Yep. If you want to go the coordinator route, need to find one with (at minimum) 4-5 years under the same head coach.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
I think his system can work at MSU. He did a crap job of hiring assistants and the cupboard is bare.

He's also going to have to mature as a coach. He needs to find his inner harda$$ and push the coaches and players to clean up the penalties.

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
I think his system can work at MSU. He did a crap job of hiring assistants and the cupboard is bare.

He's also going to have to mature as a coach. He needs to find his inner harda$$ and push the coaches and players to clean up the penalties.
His offense does not help out our defense at all. It’s nothing special, other than trying to snap the next play fast. Most time the already bad defense gets put right back on the field fast. So far his offense gets a lot of garbage time yards.

Reactions: patdog

bulldognation

Jan 26, 2004
Seems like the refs hover over the ball when we try to go tempo. That took away the fast rhythm advantage because their defense was able to get set.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Seems like the refs hover over the ball when we try to go tempo. That took away the fast rhythm advantage because their defense was able to get set.
When offense substitutes, ref stands over the ball for 10 seconds or so to give defense time to sub. When offense doesn’t sub, it can go fast tempo.

BreckyBratt

Nov 5, 2022
It seems he's always been the product of having talent to coach like Moorhead before he got here. Also, Moorhead gets here and does the sideline check every play and slows all momentum. Kinda like offense substitutes every down and refs hover over center to kill momentum now. Sometimes you gotta roll with whatcha got on the field and not get cute.

Dec 28, 2019
I said this when we hired him. He was OC at Baylor. But it was really his father n law’s offense. He was the OC at UCF. But it was really Josh Heupel’s offense. He was the OC at Ole Miss. But it was really Lane Kiffen’s offense. He was the OC at Oklahoma. Name me the last OC at Oklahoma who was bad while there?
I was making the very same posts. Every OC at Oklahoma averages 450 a game. Why didn't Heupel take him to Tennessee with him ??

Reactions: bulldoghair

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
An Elitedoggy saying Shapen injury is serious. So we don’t have to worry about seeing any offense the rest of this year

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
It seems he's always been the product of having talent to coach like Moorhead before he got here. Also, Moorhead gets here and does the sideline check every play and slows all momentum. Kinda like offense substitutes every down and refs hover over center to kill momentum now. Sometimes you gotta roll with whatcha got on the field and not get cute.
This is the reason I was excited about the Mullen hire. Not because of what he did at Florida, but because of what he did at Utah and Bowling Green. Success with lower tier athletes translated to here at State more so than Florida, or to the point, Oklahoma.

Reactions: BreckyBratt