Likely new OC

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Already gone from App state website? Looks like he was made OC there in 2022 based on a google link that goes to a 404. Doesn't even have a wikipedia page?

ETA: Looking at 247, looks like he was OC at Central Michigan for one year, the WR coach there the year before that, then the OC at Stephen F Austin the year before that (maybe a Hud connection? Or is that timeline off?) and then App State for one year. Before that a director of player development at Florida, before that director of player development at Colorado State, then before that one year as a wide receiver coach at Lamar.

That is a reallly weird resume for an SEC Offensive Coordinator joining a first time head coach. Seems like a John Cohen hire of having to go unconventional to prove you are too smart to take the obvious route.

ETA 2: https://appstatesports.com/news/202...agADr9cwUWxSxYO-x-hqOjMm1irp4nzNJVs8oLBeR5WWE

Not sure why I couldn't find this in my first google search, but it gives a pretty good background.

Last edited:

rynodawg

May 29, 2007
Already gone from App state website? Looks like he was made OC there in 2022 based on a google link that goes to a 404. Doesn't even have a wikipedia page?

this is working for me

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Going to need to know his stance on charcoal, gas, wood, electric, and pellets first.
Just from the picture I can tell you that’s a Lump Charcoal/ Wood guy. He’s a fan of sub $50 Bourbon. He pisses in the back yard just on principle. He wouldn’t be caught dead in an electric car. And he thinks we should run the gosh darn ball more!

Other Kind

Oct 15, 2022
Wish we still had DJ. Need to hit the portal for RBs and TEs right now. Go and get the best ones available and pay them to sign. If we don’t, I’m pulling my contribution to the bulldog initiative.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I feel for our Head Coach. He is having to rely on Bracky to do some of the interviews and questioning. With his history I imagine his questioning is scaring the **** out of everyone.

day today GIF

Last edited:

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Where did I say it was bad?

Poster said it was a good hire 5 minutes after he knew about it

Thought I'd ask where his opinion came from.
App state put up some points in the games I watched this year. A lot of pistol formations multiple run sets. RPO. Play action. Not very much a qb power every down either like Mullen or Briles

ETA they also run tempo

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
It sure feels like we are moving away from the Air Raid. Arnett wants to sink or swim his way, which I respect. But it sort of feels like next year will be yet another lost season (like 2018) where we were set up to be successful but we switch schemes and self-destruct on offense.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
It sure feels like we are moving away from the Air Raid. Arnett wants to sink or swim his way, which I respect. But it sort of feels like next year will be yet another lost season (like 2018) where we were set up to be successful but we switch schemes and self-destruct on offense.
This is definitely not air raid. I would have preferred modified air raid but that got shut down by Georgia too so I'm not sure until we recruit right that it will matter against bama or Georgia. Tennessee got hammered by uga too.

judging by the staff changes arnett wasn't a fan of air raid

Reactions: MaroonSadness99
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login