Matt Rhule officially named HC at Nebraska

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
I'm calling my shot right now - Rhule is overrated and Nebraska is an impossible job. He'll be OK there but ultimately fail.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
The more I dug into Nebraska football, the more respect I garnered for Tom Osborne. Making them a national power would like making MSU a national power. They might have more money but pulling kids to NE is tougher than a MS school. Very little instate talent. And it’s even harder now since kids nowadays don’t have memories of Nebraska being worth a damn. It’s a tough job.

Reactions: vandaldawg
Dec 23, 2017
The new wave of college athletics is Name, Image and Likeness (NIL). "Recently Forbes released their annual billionaire's list. In all, 2,755 people on Earth can call themselves billionaires. And of these, three live in Omaha." All three love the Cornhuskers. So Lincoln, NE might very well be a place few prospective student-athletes will consider, rest assured when the NIL money is discussed, not many schools can come close to what the Huskers may be willing to offer.

Choctaw Dawg

May 21, 2017
Unless they start making in roads with high profile LA recruits again (not likely) and start tinting the windows to the jets bringing them to Lincoln again they won't ever be a high profile team again.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login