Matt Wyatt Looks Back to the 2021 Run

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
The largest MSU crowd to ever see a MSU baseball game was in Omaha game 3 June 30, 2021

missouridawg

Oct 6, 2009
That was really cool

Couple of observations
1) Winning Natty's are fun
2) ND, Texas, and Vandy all had us against the ropes, but we somehow pushed our way off
3) Is Matt Wyatt wearing makeup?
4) Brayland Skinner's slide on the steal at 2B against Texas in the 9th was not good. Thanks god that throw was off.

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
That was really cool
Couple of observations
1) Winning Natty's are fun
2) ND, Texas, and Vandy all had us against the ropes, but we somehow pushed our way off
3) Is Matt Wyatt wearing makeup?
4) Brayland Skinner's slide on the steal at 2B against Texas in the 9th was not good. Thanks god that throw was off.
I’ve been wondering about the makeup thing…

cowbell88

Jan 11, 2009
The largest MSU crowd to ever see a MSU baseball game was in Omaha game 3 June 30, 2021

I was there, and it was incredible, but saw many empty seats in upper deck for game 3. Game 2 just seemed to be more to me, but I was across the street from right field in the bar.

dogmatic

Aug 22, 2012
About Skinner's slide ...

Look at it again. The throw from the catcher was way up the line toward first base and high. I thought Skinner slid when and where he did to avoid the second baseman catching the ball and stabbing down with a tag to get him out. You can see him look at the second baseman's move to catch the throw as he dives.

I've never heard him asked about it, but I assumed that's why he did what he did.

missouridawg

Oct 6, 2009
About Skinner's slide ...

Look at it again. The throw from the catcher was way up the line toward first base and high. I thought Skinner slid when and where he did to avoid the second baseman catching the ball and stabbing down with a tag to get him out. You can see him look at the second baseman's move to catch the throw as he dives.

I've never heard him asked about it, but I assumed that's why he did what he did.

Yea, I noticed the slide was super early and that he seemed to barely get to the base. Maybe the throw and the fielder moving to catch the throw caused that, but it felt like he wasn't reacting to that specifically.

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
I was there, and it was incredible, but saw many empty seats in upper deck for game 3. Game 2 just seemed to be more to me, but I was across the street from right field in the bar.

I think you can attribute this to how they did the tickets for Game 3. Didn’t go on sale until midnight right after Game 2. Scalpers bought up most of the tickets and price gouged for most of the day. I think that probably kept many of the Omaha locals away that didn’t have a rooting interest. And locals do make up a big chunk of the crowd for certain games. I remember talking to several locals who had tickets for Game 1 and/or Game 2 but weren’t planning on going to the third game.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login