MBB & WBB Selection Sunday Reaction Thread

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Our seeding has a lot less to do with Bama than it does our 1-7 start in the conference. At this point, I'm just happy we worked our way back into the mix, and as others have already mentioned, Jans getting this group into the bracket in any form was a damn near miracle.

Playing with house money now, and I think we have a chance to win a game or two

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
This is good.

If anyone said when Jans was hired that State would go to the NCAAs this season (and including First Four in all that) I’d have laughed.

We played beyond expectations.

Well done.

Now let’s make some noise in the Dance.
Totally agree with this. We are playing with "house money." I think our defense travels, and Pitt has been on the skids in the tail end of the season.

No question that the theme this year was "body of work" and the wins against Marquette and TCU helped our cause.

Should we get through Pitt to face Iowa State (and I'll go on record as saying we will), the game with ISU is winnable.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Outside of simply playing 3 midwest teams in the midwest, that’s a good bracket for the women.

They could beat Illinois, Creighton, and ND without their star.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Wow. UNC already announcing they won't accept an NIT bid.
So Good Football GIF by Major League Soccer

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
It's always interesting to see one of you out in the wild. You need to be caught and examined to better understand how you have managed to live this long with such a basic thought process.

Do you really think overall and conference record is what determines seeding or are you just trolling?
Gold coming from you.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

HotMop

May 8, 2006
I was in Disney World that day, refreshing ESPN live stats all afternoon. Threw my phone on the concrete in rage somewhere in Epcot when I saw that Cousins had tied it at the buzzer. Then watched the Selection Show from a Rain Forest Cafe and got pissed all over again.

Rain Forest Cafe sucks, BTW.
I go to Rain Forest just to order the kids meals so I can steal the plates.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
No matter what they call it, it's a play in game.

Whatever they call it, if you can win the NCAA tournament by getting to that game, then it's an NCAA tournament game.

You sure can't win it from the first round of the NIT.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Whatever they call it, if you can win the NCAA tournament by getting to that game, then it's an NCAA tournament game.

You sure can't win it from the first round of the NIT.
So... they think we would only be worth a #4 seed in the NIT?**

Their perception, not yours.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008

First Four​

11 Mississippi State vs. 11 Pitt - 9:10 p.m., Tuesday, March 14
11 Arizona State vs. 11 Nevada - 9:10 p.m., Wednesday, March 15

16 Texas Southern vs. 16 FDU - 6:40 p.m., Wednesday, March 15
16 Texas A&M CC vs. 16 SE Missouri State - 6:40 p.m., Tuesday, March 14

The fact there are two seeds with the same seed number playing to be the actual seed in the 64 team tourney... It's a play in game.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012

First Four​

11 Mississippi State vs. 11 Pitt - 9:10 p.m., Tuesday, March 14
11 Arizona State vs. 11 Nevada - 9:10 p.m., Wednesday, March 15

16 Texas Southern vs. 16 FDU - 6:40 p.m., Wednesday, March 15
16 Texas A&M CC vs. 16 SE Missouri State - 6:40 p.m., Tuesday, March 14

The fact there are two seeds with the same seed number playing to be the actual seed in the 64 team tourney... It's a play in game.
Why are you trying so hard to schitt on our team’s accomplishment?

Reactions: Dawgg

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Why are you trying so hard to schitt on our team’s accomplishment?
It's a huge accomplishment. Like others have stated, from where we were last year and the beginning of this year, to even get this close, with the horrendous 3 point and free throw shooting (worst in the nation on both at one point) we've seen, it's crazy that we are here. Winning one in Dayton will get us officially into the tourney. It's still better than the NIT. And it's clear this team still has something left to achieve and prove to themselves. I'll be cheering for them.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
It's a huge accomplishment. Like others have stated, from where we were last year and the beginning of this year, to even get this close, with the horrendous 3 point and free throw shooting (worst in the nation on both at one point) we've seen, it's crazy that we are here. Winning one in Dayton will get us officially into the tourney. It's still better than the NIT. And it's clear this team still has something left to achieve and prove to themselves. I'll be cheering for them.

We are officially in the tournament you idget. Look at the bracket and you will see our name included.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
We are officially in the tournament you idget. Look at the bracket and you will see our name included.
A 68 team tournament where 8 teams have to compete and play an additional game to get into the 64 team bracket. It's good for the program and good publicity.

It's similar to making the bottom 4 SEC baseball teams play to see who gets into the 12 team SEC tourney in Hoover. You can't do a 14 team tourney and you can't do a 68 team tourney either.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
A 68 team tournament where 8 teams have to compete and play an additional game to get into the 64 team bracket. It's good for the program and good publicity.

It's similar to making the bottom 4 SEC baseball teams play to see who gets into the 12 team SEC tourney in Hoover. You can't do a 14 team tourney and you can't do a 68 team tourney either.

I don't know what point you're attempting very diligently to make, but if it's that we are not in the 2023 NCAA Tournament, you're wrong. All day long, wrong.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
I don't know what point you're attempting very diligently to make, but if it's that we are not in the 2023 NCAA Tournament, you're wrong. All day long, wrong.
Look at this bracket and at the top there are 4 games that are not in the bracket below. Only the winners of those 4 games.

In? Kinda. Kinda not yet.

2023-march-madness-bracket-march-12.jpg

Reactions: LimaoCabeca

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
You are correct regarding Rain Forest Cafe. The Scenery is cool if you are taking a 9 year old like I did and as someone whose owned a salt water reef tank I enjoy the salt water tanks. But the food is bland.
Some of the worst food at Disney but the kids think the fish and animals are cool

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
The NCAA explicitly says that all 68 teams are in the tournament, period. Payouts are allocated to the conferences by total bids, which include the 4 losers of the First Four (not play-in) games. Teams' and coaches' official tournament records in the NCAA record books include the results of the First Four.

Anyone saying that the 4 teams who lose in the First Four aren't really in the tournament simply doesn't know what they're talking about and is objectively wrong.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
The teams in the First Four are in the tournament. They just don’t get byes like the rest of the field.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login