MBB & WBB Selection Sunday Reaction Thread

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
The head coach for Oklahoma State thoooo

kramer im out GIF

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
I’m not sure why this is the hill you are choosing to die on.
Because I think he, like a lot of other folks prior to this year, feels like you win that first game and you get to put your name in the bracket going up against a 6 seed or a 1 seed.
For some reason, this year the NCAA has made it seem like it’s not a Play In game but the 4 teams are in the first two games of the Trny.
Maybe it’s always been that way but we’ve either been so far out of the mix or securely in that we didn’t pay attention ?
I don’t know but I do get what OneWoof is saying.
We just need to win tomorrow night is really all I do know!

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
The NCAA explicitly says that all 68 teams are in the tournament, period. Payouts are allocated to the conferences by total bids, which include the 4 losers of the First Four (not play-in) games. Teams' and coaches' official tournament records in the NCAA record books include the results of the First Four.

Anyone saying that the 4 teams who lose in the First Four aren't really in the tournament simply doesn't know what they're talking about and is objectively wrong.
They are kinda in. Just have to play an extra game to get in the bracket.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Look at this bracket and at the top there are 4 games that are not in the bracket below. Only the winners of those 4 games.

In? Kinda. Kinda not yet.

View attachment 318074

I see a bracket that is titled 2023 NCAA DIVISION 1 MEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIP...

and that bracket includes a team named Mississippi State...

This leads me to conclude that Mississippi State is a bona fide participant in the 2023 NCAA DIVISION 1 MEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIP.

In? Yes, yes they are.

That's the fact Jack.

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
It's always interesting to see one of you out in the wild. You need to be caught and examined to better understand how you have managed to live this long with such a basic thought process.

Do you really think overall and conference record is what determines seeding or are you just trolling?
Thot you would tell us the ESG/DEI impact on seeding

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Thot you would tell us the ESG/DEI impact on seeding
You sound critical of my post. Do yoy disagree with it? Do you also think selection should just be based on overall and conference records?

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
I see a bracket that is titled 2023 NCAA DIVISION 1 MEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIP...

and that bracket includes a team named Mississippi State...

This leads me to conclude that Mississippi State is a bona fide participant in the 2023 NCAA DIVISION 1 MEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIP.

In? Yes, yes they are.

That's the fact Jack.
Screenshot_20230313-075618.png

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
If we win, we get into the round of 64 where we will play the number 1 seed?

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
The official NCAA basketball Twitter account says that we are in, not playing for a chance to be in...

[Twitter]

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login