Miami PD is 17ed.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I think both parties are at fault. The cop was a hot head and couldn’t keep composed. Also, rolling your windows up when you got limo tint isn’t helping.
I want to think that I am slightly conservative, but I've never seen anyone need to be arrested for rolling their window up. He already said he remembered what his uncle had said and kept his hands on the steering wheel.

Reactions: ChE1997

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
What a bunch of jackasses.

edit... but let me add, some context would be good. I mean... they brought the whole CHiP's patrol out for him. Had they been in high speed pursuit for 200 miles like Buford T. Justice? If so, then I understand why their dander was up.

Why was he pulled over?

Last edited:

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
Tyreek could have probably been a little smarter about the situation and avoided it, but we as a society should hold cops to a higher standard than we hold normal people. "With great power comes great responsibility" and all that. Everything that one cop in particular did was a huge and unnecessary overreaction.

Reactions: Crazy Cotton

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Tyreek is in the wrong. Officers are more in the wrong. They need to chill. Why can’t anyone act right?
He was probably not driving like he should be in that area and he probably was worried more about the game than about a cop and ticket at the start of this.

Nobody acts like they should these days.

Reactions: Anon1697564126

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Tyreek is in the wrong. Officers are more in the wrong. They need to chill. Why can’t anyone act right?
Exactly. How hard would it have been for Hill to just have rolled his window back down? But at the same time, the cops should just expect half the interactions they have to be with ********. Those guys have to keep their composure better.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Tyreek could have probably been a little smarter about the situation and avoided it, but we as a society should hold cops to a higher standard than we hold normal people. "With great power comes great responsibility" and all that. Everything that one cop in particular did was a huge and unnecessary overreaction.
There's such a long line of citizens who want to be cops, isn't there? Hold them accountable for violating the law and understand that most college grads, especially those on the left, aren't likely to want to wear a badge.

Reactions: Mr. Cook

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
When keeping it real goes wrong...... The whole thing could have been avoided.

One, rolling down the window is an officer safety issue. Officers have no idea what you have in that car. Especially with tint that dark. Which I'm sure his tint is in violation of Florida law. They had every right to tell him to roll the window down and to knock on the window when he didn't comply.

Also Everyone knows, roll you window down for your safety as well. So the officer knows you aren't reaching for anything. But nope, got to be an *** to the cops and start a fight.

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
Tyreek got what he deserved. When the police tell you to roll down a tinted window, roll it down. I wish they would have broken It! He is a POS. Back the blue! Instead, these officers will be fired. Al sharpton will cry racism. Kamala will offer her racist point of view.
I don't know man.. we can't be a society where if you don't roll down your window in 9 seconds you're immediately eating pavement.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Tyreek got what he deserved. When the police tell you to roll down a tinted window, roll it down. I wish they would have broken It! He is a POS. Back the blue! Instead, these officers will be fired. Al sharpton will cry racism. Kamala will offer her racist point of view.
You just dramatic about everything? Is this a character the board or you like that in real life?

Hill didn’t deserve to be yanked from the car and handcuffed. He had not threatened the safety of the officers at all. You could see thru the window in the video, so I have no doubt they could see just fine. But the cops don’t deserve to be fired either. Good opportunity here for everyone to admit they were all ******** and move on.

turkish

Aug 22, 2012
In the X post I watched, literally the first thing Hill says to the cop as he hands him his license is “don’t knock on my window like that. Don’t knock on my window like that.” An order. Five seconds later he rolls it up in their face. Who does that?

I could get behind some punishment for the cops, too, but I think Hill reaped what he sewed on this one.

turkish

Aug 22, 2012
A cop should be expected to keep his composure even when the general public does not. These cops (or possibly just the one - it's not totally clear) failed to do that.
Eh. Hill was composed. He was deliberately resisting or at least disobeying and rubbing their noses in it. But they did exactly what he wanted them to. He ain’t hurt.

Again, cops aren’t without fault.

Eta: dude in the Range Rover tried the same stuff. It’s so predictable now

Last edited:

patdog

May 28, 2007
I think both parties are at fault. The cop was a hot head and couldn’t keep composed. Also, rolling your windows up when you got limo tint isn’t helping.
Don't even care to watch the video and definitely not excusing the cop. But damn. You're a freaking multi-millionaire. Just roll the window down, take the ticket, and move on. Traffic stops can become deadly for cops, so I can understand why they might be on edge if someone rolls the window up.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
What reason did he give the cops to handcuff him? Is being a smart aleck enough to be handcuffed if you don't physically threaten someone?

He was getting ready to go to a ball game. If this cop didn't know what or who Tyreek was, he would not have been very good at his job and would not have been prepared to do his job around the Miami stadium.

They were both at fault for this, but one person was put in handcuffs and placed face-first on the ground for traffic violations, and another was not.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Rolling down tinted windows after talking to a cop isn't a wise move. Typically, bad things happen between cops and suspects when suspects do unwise or potentially threatening things. Being a police officer isn't something that seems all that appealing. Looks like Latinos, it's Miami after all, so I'm glad no one on my demographic team was involved.

Reactions: Anon1697564126

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Rolling down tinted windows after talking to a cop isn't a wise move. Typically, bad things happen between cops and suspects when suspects do unwise or potentially threatening things. Being a police officer isn't something that seems all that appealing. Looks like Latinos, it's Miami after all, so I'm glad no one on my demographic team was involved.
I'm sure with similar police work like this, Miami must be one of the lowest places in the country for murders and other violent crimes. I'm also sure he was probably the only player driving himself to the stadium in an expensive vehicle at that time.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
I'm sure with similar police work like this, Miami must be one of the lowest places in the country for murders and other violent crimes. I'm also sure he was probably the only player driving himself to the stadium in an expensive vehicle at that time.
Good gosh. This is the mentality of America. Lord have mercy.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
You just dramatic about everything? Is this a character the board or you like that in real life?

Hill didn’t deserve to be yanked from the car and handcuffed. He had not threatened the safety of the officers at all. You could see thru the window in the video, so I have no doubt they could see just fine. But the cops don’t deserve to be fired either. Good opportunity here for everyone to admit they were all ******** and move on.
Napoleon Complex GIF by VapeWild

• Haha
Reactions: ronpolk and Dawgg

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
In my opinion, police officers should do everything they can to de escalate a situation. The cop in the video did just the opposite. I have no problem with him asking Hill to get out of the car when he rolled his window up and wouldn’t roll it back down, but he didn’t even give him a chance to get out of the car. He immediately grabbed him and threw him on the pavement. Hill wasn’t resisting or even doing anything wrong other than being an arse because he was mad he got pulled over. The cop should have been calm and tried to calm Hill down instead of losing his temper and making the situation worse.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Both parties to blame.
If you are stopped by a policeman or HP, pullover, put your emergency flashers on, cut your engine off , roll down your windows and put your hands on the steering wheel.
Also don’t be talking on the phone
I always err on the side of the cops. I'm a safety-conscious person, so if I have to give cops a little grace to maintain a safer civilization, I am all for that. Very rare that people have problems with the cops when they aren't being idiots, and Hill was being an idiot.

This is what makes the most sense to me, for the betterment of everybody.

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
I don't know man.. we can't be a society where if you don't roll down your window in 9 seconds you're immediately eating pavement.
Except that’s not what happened. He rolled it back up in defiance after rolling it down first. An elite got treated like any normal person would have for doing the same thing. Nothing to see here in my opinion. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Both parties to blame.
If you are stopped by a policeman or HP, pullover, put your emergency flashers on, cut your engine off , roll down your windows and put your hands on the steering wheel.
Also don’t be talking on the phone
This. Nothing good ever comes of making cops nervous or doing things that threaten them. Rolling the dark windows up was not wise and he basically got the outcome he was asking for whether right or wrong.
I honestly can’t I a fine any cop dealing with that situation much differently. Their lives are threatened every day. The world is constantly scrutinizing them and looking down on every mistake under a microscope. They put their lives on the line to protect us so, yeah, I’m willing to give them a little leeway and maybe submit myself to bowing down a little to make their jobs a little easier AND NOT HARDER like dipschitt did.
Having said that, I can’t imagine why anyone ever decides to be a cop nowadays. It’s like why good people don’t run for office anymore.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
you can’t just throw somebody to the ground because they were a bit of an A hole. As the cop it is your job to make sure a situation does not escalate if at all possible. He escalated it. When you do stuff like that bad things can happen. You can’t just take it to 11 every time someone is slightly out of line.

It’s okay to say the cop was out of line. It doesn’t mean you hate all police officers.

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
If he had rolled down his window and kept it down, he probably would have just gotten the ticket. During a stop you should always comply with the law enforcement officer to try and avoid these issues. Once it is over, you can sue them if you were wronged. You gotta be smart and stay alive in those situations. You don't want to catch one of these guys on their bad day.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
I would somewhat equate this situation to what it’s like raising teenagers. It is a guarantee that when I get home tonight one of my teenage daughters is going to do something that pisses me off. I mean, that is a stone cold lock. I won’t like it. I never do. What I cannot do is fly completely off the handle start throwing stuff around the house and getting in her face and scream at her. It is my job as the parent to be the grown-up. Doesn’t mean there won’t be consequences, but they have to be measured.

When you are a cop, you are going to deal with tons of people who act like stupid teenagers. You have to be the grown-up. I can’t justify completely blowing my top by saying she made me do it. She’s a teenage kid. I’m the grown-up. Like it or not that’s the way it works for cops too.

Last edited:
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login