Miami PD is 17ed.

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
He was getting ready to go to a ball game. If this cop didn't know what or who Tyreek was, he would not have been very good at his job and would not have been prepared to do his job around the Miami stadium.
I would assume that a big majority of people in the Miami metro area would not recognize Tyreek Hill.

Should each police officer working near the stadium be responsible for recognizing all Dolphin players?

Reactions: Anon1697564126

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
He was pulled over doing 60 in a 40. He tried to pull the race card and said he was pulled over for being black. The cops were people of color (LatinX BIPOC). He thought being pulled over and not obeying the police were optional.

Last edited:

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
The media response as a country to situations like this has become increasingly dark and irresponsible. Tyreek Hill tweeted “Let’s make a change”. To what exactly? So there’s zero remorse or accountability to his actions that resulted in the police officer overreacting?

The narrative the media wants to push is cops are bad and if you misbehave you should still be treated kindly and with respect by law enforcement. 17 that. Did we not learn a lesson from the last 4 years from vilifying law enforcement? How is crime currently in big cities?

We should be teaching the virtue of accountability for your actions. This includes Tyreek Hill and the police officer. Unfortunately, only one of these individuals will receive consequences. The other (a multimillionaire athlete) will receive praise and adoration.

Last edited:

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
Why is it when I watch these types of videos that the person being arrested just can NOT shut up. Just seems to make things worse and add to the emotion of the scene.
And . . . why would a police officer reply to anything that person says? Especially after the officer has already decided to write the ticket, arrest the person, etc.

If I were the officer, then I'd just ignore the person. But I'm really good at ignoring people, whereas lots of people are completely incapable of that.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I don't know man.. we can't be a society where if you don't roll down your window in 9 seconds you're immediately eating pavement.
Did you miss the part where he was told seven (7) times to get out of the car, which was after he had rolled the window up the first time and was telling the cops what to do instead of doing what they asked?

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
The media response as a country to situations like this has become increasingly dark and irresponsible. Tyreek Hill tweeted “Let’s make a change”. To what exactly? So there’s zero remorse or accountability to his actions that resulted in the police officer overreacting?

The narrative the media wants to push is cops are bad and if you misbehave you should still be treated kindly and with respect by law enforcement. 17 that. Did we not learn any lesson from the last 4 years from vilifying law enforcement? How is crime currently in big cities?

We should be teaching the virtue of accountability for your actions. This includes Tyreek Hill and the police officer.
Bingo.

All this started with democrats and "defund the police ". Now we have people who think they can talk and act however they want.

Police departments have a shortage of officers and the applicants they do get, would not be considered years ago.

Last edited:

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Any police officers or former police officers on this site to add some perspective?

Reactions: Maroon13

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
What reason did he give the cops to handcuff him? Is being a smart aleck enough to be handcuffed if you don't physically threaten someone?

He was getting ready to go to a ball game. If this cop didn't know what or who Tyreek was, he would not have been very good at his job and would not have been prepared to do his job around the Miami stadium.

They were both at fault for this, but one person was put in handcuffs and placed face-first on the ground for traffic violations, and another was not.
It matters NONE "what or who Tyreek Hill is". He was told 7 times to get our of the car, after rolling the window up in their face. Play stupid games get stupid prizes.

Oct 17, 2023
Why? for doing their job? He comes flying through a construction area. Has illegal tint on his windows, won't leave the window up. Giving the police officers orders instead of obeying theirs. Refuses 7 times to get out of the car. Acts tough when they pull him out of the car. Throws around the do you know who I am by saying he's got to go play in the nfl game. He got what he deserved.

patdog

May 28, 2007

The narrative the media wants to push is cops are bad and if you misbehave you should still be treated kindly and with respect by law enforcement. 17 that. Did we not learn a lesson from the last 4 years from vilifying law enforcement? How is crime currently in big cities?

We should be teaching the virtue of accountability for your actions. This includes Tyreek Hill and the police officer. Unfortunately, only one of these individuals will receive consequences. The other (a multimillionaire athlete) will receive praise and adoration.
1725975819047.jpeg

Attachments

• 1725975698937.jpeg
    1725975698937.jpeg
    177.2 KB · Views: 7

turkish

Aug 22, 2012
I would somewhat equate this situation to what it’s like raising teenagers. It is a guarantee that when I get home tonight one of my teenage daughters is going to do something that pisses me off. I mean, that is a stone cold lock. I won’t like it. I never do. What I cannot do is fly completely off the handle start throwing stuff around the house and getting in her face and scream at her. It is my job as the parent to be the grown-up. Doesn’t mean there won’t be consequences, but they have to be measured.

When you are a cop, you are going to deal with tons of people who act like stupid teenagers. You have to be the grown-up. I can’t justify completely blowing my top by saying she made me do it. She’s a teenage kid. I’m the grown-up. Like it or not that’s the way it works for cops too.
Sounds like you’d make a great LEO!

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
Hill was a jerk. The cop escalated the situation higher than he should have. Treating this singular situation as proof of how terrible all cops are is ridiculous.

I really don’t get why situations like this make everyone feel like they are fighting for the fate of the free world

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
I don't know man.. we can't be a society where if you don't roll down your window in 9 seconds you're immediately eating pavement.
You said it earlier, but context is important. Hill started the situation by speeding. Reports differ, some say he was going 100+, some have dialed it down to 60, although you usually don't get a reckless driving only for doing 20 mph over the speed limit. It's usually 25+ or some other major infraction. So, the cops were already on high alert when they pulled him over... then he started all the jawing and bullshiit talking back, raising the window up in their faces, etc.

If I'm a cop and don't know who this smartasss is, and don't know what kind of weapon he has in the vehicle... with the way he was acting... I probably drag his *** out of the car too, just to be safe. Who knows, if he had kept acting that way and did have a gun (or they just thought he did) pulling him out of the car could have saved his life.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
I would somewhat equate this situation to what it’s like raising teenagers. It is a guarantee that when I get home tonight one of my teenage daughters is going to do something that pisses me off. I mean, that is a stone cold lock. I won’t like it. I never do. What I cannot do is fly completely off the handle start throwing stuff around the house and getting in her face and scream at her. It is my job as the parent to be the grown-up. Doesn’t mean there won’t be consequences, but they have to be measured.

When you are a cop, you are going to deal with tons of people who act like stupid teenagers. You have to be the grown-up. I can’t justify completely blowing my top by saying she made me do it. She’s a teenage kid. I’m the grown-up. Like it or not that’s the way it works for cops too.
Does your teenage daughter have a gun beside her on the couch while this is going on? Would she shoot you if things get out of hand?

I know what you're saying, I deal with daughters too... but the unknown behind the tint and the potential deadly stakes make these not exactly equivalent examples.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
Does your teenage daughter have a gun beside her on the couch while this is going on? Would she shoot you if things get out of hand?

I know what you're saying, I deal with daughters too... but the unknown behind the tint and the potential deadly stakes make these not exactly equivalent examples.
All I was saying is that escalating a situation tends to make things worse and that you can’t say “they escalated it first” as an excuse for you escalating it further. I would be a terrible cop because i would let my fear / frustration get the best of me and would probably be going through the same thing this cop is now. I know that about myself and thus would never consider being a police officer.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
What reason did he give the cops to handcuff him? Is being a smart aleck enough to be handcuffed if you don't physically threaten someone?

They were both at fault for this, but one person was put in handcuffs and placed face-first on the ground for traffic violations, and another was not.
Rolling up heavily tinted windows during a traffic stop is a direct threat to officer safety. They have no idea what's going on in that car.

ChE1997

Feb 14, 2023
I think both parties are at fault. The cop was a hot head and couldn’t keep composed. Also, rolling your windows up when you got limo tint isn’t helping.
Hill was driving at 50 MPH in a 40 MPH zone. And not wearing a seatbelt. This is all Hill did wrong.

He has every right to roll his window up. Unless police have a warrant.
Florida allows window tint on front side windows of 28%. Hill was not cited for this.

There was no reason for him to be taken out of the car, or handcuffed.

And wow there are a bunch of Authoritarian loving bootlickers here.

Last edited:

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Hill was driving at 50 MPH in a 40 MPH zone. And not wearing a seatbelt. This is all Hill did wrong.

Florida allows window tint on front side windows of 28%. Hill was not cited for this.

At no point in my post did I say anyone was in the right. No reason for him to be taken out of the car? I don't know if that's entirely true. Could his actions be deemed as resisting arrest? I'm not a legal biologist, so I don't know. I agree everything the cops did seemed excessive.

On the flip side, how hard is it for celebrities to hand over their license and registration, keep their hands at 10 and 2 on the wheel, and not be a smart ***? Even if the cop is a dipshit, I can swallow my pride for 5 mins and not risk any BS that may ensue.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Rolling up heavily tinted windows during a traffic stop is a direct threat to officer safety. They have no idea what's going on in that car.
I will say this one more time, and I will shut up. This was a stop in the middle of the day on a busy road on the way to the stadium. It was not 2 o'clock in the morning on a deserted highway or in the middle of the hood. The cop is supposed to be better than this. There were the 4 Cops who threw the driver on the ground because he rolled his window back up.

4-1.

I don't think their lives were in danger. If the Cop who made the stop had enough time to get three officers to respond and pull the man out of the car, he also had time to run the plate and know who he was dealing with.

Yes, he should not have rolled the window back up. But the cop made a lot of mistakes.

ChE1997

Feb 14, 2023
At no point in my post did I say anyone was in the right. No reason for him to be taken out of the car? I don't know if that's entirely true. Could his actions be deemed as resisting arrest? I'm not a legal biologist, so I don't know. I agree everything the cops did seemed excessive.

On the flip side, how hard is it for celebrities to hand over their license and registration, keep their hands at 10 and 2 on the wheel, and not be a smart ***? Even if the cop is a dipshit, I can swallow my pride for 5 mins and not risk any BS that may ensue.
Then I was not talking to you. I'm not going to quote everyone that said "Hill should have done XXXX.

Watch the video, There was 2 seconds between him telling him to get out of the car before the officer opened his door. Hill is the fastest man in the NFL, but that's very fast to be resisting. Also, you have to be under arrest to be resisting.

Hill handed over his ID and registration and only rolled up the window after the officer started to walk away. on the video you can see in the car, though the tinted windows, (illegally tinted according to the experts on here)

Now all of you defend arresting they (walter payton man of the year) player walking down the sidewalk.

Last edited:

ronpolk

May 6, 2009

I think he did hand over his license before the cop even asked. Looks like as soon as the cop walks up the car Hill hands him something and rolls the window back up.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
I think he did hand over his license before the cop even asked. Looks like as soon as the cop walks up the car Hill hands him something and rolls the window back up.
I'm speaking in general terms. Have your license and registration between your fingers with your hands on the wheel at 10 and 2. Keep your window open and your hands on the wheel. Don't be a smartass. I'm not saying that is a foolproof method to keep cops from turning into jacksasses, but it certainly helps. So many people refuse to do it because it hurts their ego.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
I will say this one more time, and I will shut up. This was a stop in the middle of the day on a busy road on the way to the stadium. It was not 2 o'clock in the morning on a deserted highway or in the middle of the hood. The cop is supposed to be better than this. There were the 4 Cops who threw the driver on the ground because he rolled his window back up.

4-1.

I don't think their lives were in danger. If the Cop who made the stop had enough time to get three officers to respond and pull the man out of the car, he also had time to run the plate and know who he was dealing with.

Yes, he should not have rolled the window back up. But the cop made a lot of mistakes.
Why does where it happened make any difference at all? In this day and age they better be hyper alert in crowded area. Those make big targets. Also why does it matter WHO he is dealing with? It's the behavior, not the who, they were responding to.

Reactions: The Peeper

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
Then I was not talking to you. I'm not going to quote everyone that said "Hill should have done XXXX.

Watch the video, There was 2 seconds between him telling him to get out of the car before the officer opened his door. Hill is the fastest man in the NFL, but that's very fast to be resisting. Also, you have to be under arrest to be resisting.

Hill handed over his ID and registration and only rolled up the window after the officer started to walk away. on the video you can see in the car, though the tinted windows, (illegally tinted according to the experts on here)

Now all of you defend arresting they (walter payton man of the year) player walking down the sidewalk.
Defending Hill by trying to bolster his character is absolutely 17ing hilarious lol

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Watch the video, There was 2 seconds between him telling him to get out of the car before the officer opened his door.
Two seconds??:? He was told SEVEN TIMES to get out of the car, go back and watch it. From the :48 second mark to the 1:00 mark he was told to get out of the car. From the :30 second mark to the :42 second mark he was told to roll down the window.

Also, you have to be under arrest to be resisting.
He was told SEVEN TIMES to get out of the car, go back and watch it. From the :48 second mark to the 1:00 mark he was told to get out of the car. From the :30 second mark to the :42 second mark he was told to roll down the window.

As for resisting, you're wrong again. You can watch video every day of the week dudes taking off running and fighting with the cops BEFORE they are ever caught, cuffed and placed under arrest and read their rights.
" It shall be unlawful for any person to obstruct or resist by force, or violence, or threats, or in any other manner, his lawful arrest or the lawful arrest of another person by any state, local or federal law enforcement officer, and any person or persons so doing shall be guilty of a misdemeanor, and upon conviction thereof, shall be punished by a fine of not more than Five Hundred Dollars ($500.00), or by imprisonment in the county jail not more than six (6) months, or both.

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
Just watched the body cam footage from the motorcycle cop that pulled him over. Guess what? Hill's window was down when he was pulled over. He rolled it up not once, but TWICE as he's being detained. If any random person did that, they are gonna get laid down. So I'd like to thank these cops for treating this person the same way as they'd treat anyone else. They deserve raises.

ChE1997

Feb 14, 2023
Two seconds??:? He was told SEVEN TIMES to get out of the car, go back and watch it. From the :48 second mark to the 1:00 mark he was told to get out of the car. From the :30 second mark to the :42 second mark he was told to roll down the window.

He was told SEVEN TIMES to get out of the car, go back and watch it. From the :48 second mark to the 1:00 mark he was told to get out of the car. From the :30 second mark to the :42 second mark he was told to roll down the window.

As for resisting, you're wrong again. You can watch video every day of the week dudes taking off running and fighting with the cops BEFORE they are ever caught, cuffed and placed under arrest and read their rights.
" It shall be unlawful for any person to obstruct or resist by force, or violence, or threats, or in any other manner, his lawful arrest or the lawful arrest of another person by any state, local or federal law enforcement officer, and any person or persons so doing shall be guilty of a misdemeanor, and upon conviction thereof, shall be punished by a fine of not more than Five Hundred Dollars ($500.00), or by imprisonment in the county jail not more than six (6) months, or both.
2 seconds before the threat of get out of the car to get out of the car.

Again, not required to roll down the window.

I missed the part where Hill or Campbell "resist(ed) by force, or violence, or threats, or in any other manner"

Nor have you or the Miami PD provided evidence of a "lawful arrest" of Hill or Campbell.

And I can show you videos all day of police breaking the law during traffic stops...

• Sad

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
How many times do you have to be told to "GET OUT OF THE CAR"? That looked like 12 seconds to me :)48second to 1:00 mark) that he sat on his arse doing absolutely nothing while being told 7 times to get out.

Hill and Campbell? Since when were we discussing them?

"And I can show you videos all day of police breaking the law during traffic stops..." What's that got to do with this? You said someone had to be arrested first before they could then resist, and I showed you that you do not.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022

Shocking post of the day**

ChE1997

Feb 14, 2023
How many times do you have to be told to "GET OUT OF THE CAR"? That looked like 12 seconds to me :)48second to 1:00 mark) that he sat on his arse doing absolutely nothing while being told 7 times to get out.

Hill and Campbell? Since when were we discussing them?

"And I can show you videos all day of police breaking the law during traffic stops..." What's that got to do with this? You said someone had to be arrested first before they could then resist, and I showed you that you do not.
I thought we were talking about how "Miami PD is 17ed."

Maybe I'm not a bootlicker and think the police are there to "protect and serve", and not get on some power trip because one guy rolled up his window and the other stood on a public sidewalk and didn't jump to their quasi legal demands.

Yes. The police arrest and charge many people for resisting arrest that have not yet been arrested. How many of those are thrown out of court because they were not resisting, or it was an improper arrest"

Like this one. Hill and Campbell were handcuffed but not arrested. How can you resist something that didn't happen?

Y'all really get off on the authoritarian ****...

• Sad

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Shocking post of the day**
It's crazy that some of you expect Tyreek to behave a certain way when confronted by the police for speeding and being defiant. Who thinks that way? Who expects Tyreek to cooperate? That's crazy. The cops are supposed to have high behavioral standards and not Tyreek. His then girlfriend once said he choked her and punched her in the stomach and face. Why expect someone who commits domestic violence to behave appropriately. Madness.

Last edited:

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
How's Tyreek supposed to feed those 10 or 11 kids he has with different women, and those he'll have in the future, if he gets arrested whenever he breaks the law or is handcuffed by police when exhibiting oppositional defiant behavior? Have y'all thought of that? That's why I blame the cops. Let Tyreek be Tyreek.***

turkish

Aug 22, 2012

Found the sovereign citizen.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
I thought we were talking about how "Miami PD is 17ed."

Maybe I'm not a bootlicker and think the police are there to "protect and serve", and not get on some power trip because one guy rolled up his window and the other stood on a public sidewalk and didn't jump to their quasi legal demands.

Yes. The police arrest and charge many people for resisting arrest that have not yet been arrested. How many of those are thrown out of court because they were not resisting, or it was an improper arrest"

Like this one. Hill and Campbell were handcuffed but not arrested. How can you resist something that didn't happen?

Y'all really get off on the authoritarian ****...
Sowell.JPG

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login