Miami PD is 17ed.

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
Great point Che. I don't see any defiance, or disobedience, in Tyreek's behavior. Repeatedly telling a cop to not knock on his window like that when asked about why he's not wearing a seatbelt or something related to reckless driving and telling him to give him the ticket so he can go shouldn't even be remotely regarded as acting defiantly. And then closing a tinted window with the cop standing there and, without raising his voice, saying keep your window down, isn't defiant at all. Nor is Tyreek telling the officer with the window opened slightly "don't tell me what to do." That's not defiant either. It's not defiant, not at all, especially if you don't know the various definitions of the word defiant. ***
It was the definition of defiance by directly disobeying the command he was given. As has been stated, that is a police officer safety issue to be able to observe your movements during a traffic stop. And Hill's windows were not the type the cops could even see through. Anyone who did what Hill did would have had issues with the cops. Hill should have been removed from his car and handcuffed in the situation but the pinning on the ground was definitely overkill.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

MagnoliaHunter

Jan 23, 2007
Great point Che. I don't see any defiance, or disobedience, in Tyreek's behavior. Repeatedly telling a cop to not knock on his window like that when asked about why he's not wearing a seatbelt or something related to reckless driving and telling him to give him the ticket so he can go shouldn't even be remotely regarded as acting defiantly. And then closing a tinted window with the cop standing there and, without raising his voice, saying keep your window down, isn't defiant at all. Nor is Tyreek telling the officer with the window opened slightly "don't tell me what to do." That's not defiant either. It's not defiant, not at all, especially if you don't know the various definitions of the word defiant. ***
Also, he had the window down to start with and put it up when stopped.

Jul 11, 2024
The reports I heard on Sunday said "50 MPH"

The citations were published and say 60 MPH. I will admit I took the reports as true vs some famous internet racer clocking on a video.

Are you calling the police liars?

He was not cited for illegal tint, so I assume that means it was legal.
He wasn't arrested either and i'm assuming he was going fast enough they could have arrested him if they wanted.
He was taken out of the car for his attitude, and not moving as fast as the police would like.
If he had left his window down, its very likely he wouldn't have been pulled out of the car. Attitude certainly didn't help.
The other guy was handcuffed for being on a public sidewalk. "Leave" is not a lawful order.
See thats the thing. I don't know nor care what a lawful order is in this situation. If a cop tells me to do something simple that won't harm me, i'm gonna do it. BECAUSE ITS WAY EASIER THAN THE ALTERNATIVE AND I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM WITH AUTHORITY.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
You are expecting Tyreek to act like a decent intelligent human being?
Haha no… I obviously don’t know tyreek but I know enough to understand who he is. I don’t even think I’d feel comfortable being around tyreek. Seems like the type of guy who can fly off the handle at any time. That is why I said I “wish”.

Regardless of Tyreek’s wishes, unless the cop has similar incidents in the past, he shouldn’t be fired for one instance.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I did not think this would still be argued. It is pretty simple. He screwed up. They screwed up. Both sides could have handled this differently.

He has more immediate problems to work through.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login