Miami PD is 17ed.

ChE1997

Feb 14, 2023
It's crazy that some of you expect Tyreek to behave a certain way when confronted by the police for speeding and being defiant. Who thinks that way? Who expects Tyreek to cooperate? That's crazy. The cops are supposed to have high behavioral standards and not Tyreek. His then girlfriend once said he choked her and punched her in the stomach and face. Why expect someone who commits domestic violence to behave appropriately. Madness.
Right. He drove his car where the policeman asked. He handed over his information. Asked for the ticket, and rolled up a window.

Wow, what insubordination*****

• Sad
Reactions: Anon1697564126

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Keep this going for 12 pages. Talk about hurricane snacks or something

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Right. He drove his car where the policeman asked. He handed over his information. Asked for the ticket, and rolled up a window.

Wow, what insubordination*****
Cops have nothing to fear from someone acting defiantly and rolling up tinted windows. What's the worst that can happen? A paper cut from the ticket?

ChE1997

Feb 14, 2023
Cops have nothing to fear from someone acting defiantly and rolling up tinted windows. What's the worst that can happen? A paper cut from the ticket?
You seem to be able to read defiance into him rolling up the window as the policeman walked away...

How do you determine" defiance" in that act?

The policeman didn't have the ticket then.

• Sad

ChE1997

Feb 14, 2023
Maybe pulling a gun from under the seat while the cop can't see it? I assume you left off the ******

Or maybe keeping the AC in? or avoiding fans wanting a picture with him?
Or, just wanting the window up while the policeman is not next to him?

Larry, your assumption is the policeman was still watching Hill. He was walking away...

But if you are so afraid of the guy having a gun, maybe we need more gun control laws...

• Sad

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016

Larry, your assumption is the policeman was still watching Hill. He was walking away...

But if you are so afraid of the guy having a gun, maybe we need more gun control laws...
How is the cop supposed to read his mind?

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022

That's usually the case with uncooperative suspects: they're concerned about the AC. And let's be dismissive of a police officers legitimate fear of being shot until I get legislation I support. Once we have the right gun control laws, criminals won't be armed behind those tinted windows. Check mate.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
I assume this is towards the MPD officer that was suspended?
LOL. You may have never noticed this, but they suspend cops all the time after an incident so they can conduct an investigation. Prevents knee-jerk reactions to public lunacy.

Serious question though -- do you see ANY responsibility on the part of Hill? Are you serious with all this BS you're spewing, or just yanking chains? I can get behind a good bit if that's what this is.

ChE1997

Feb 14, 2023
LOL. You may have never noticed this, but they suspend cops all the time after an incident so they can conduct an investigation. Prevents knee-jerk reactions to public lunacy.

Serious question though -- do you see ANY responsibility on the part of Hill? Are you serious with all this BS you're spewing, or just yanking chains? I can get behind a good bit if that's what this is.
I've said I do. he was speeding. He was terse with the police. He could have handled it better.

None of which justified being taken out of the car. or handcuffed.

And I've only seen one of the officers that was being an ******* about it. The other 3 did well from what i saw.

I expected to read about how That one guy went too far and Hill was a jerk. Instead i see a bunch of "the police can do no wrong" "RESPECT MY AUTHORITY" posts.

I mean he didn't drag a cop with his car.

Especially since the consensus was Scottie Scheffler did no wrong.... Wonder why he didn't have to "respect the authority"?

• Sad

turkish

Aug 22, 2012
I've said I do. he was speeding. He was terse with the police. He could have handled it better.

And I've only seen one of the officers that was being an ******* about it. The other 3 did well from what i saw.

I expected to read about how That one guy went too far and Hill was a jerk. Instead i see a bunch of "the police can do no wrong" "RESPECT MY AUTHORITY" posts.

Especially since the consensus was Scottie Scheffler did no wrong.... Wonder why he didn't have to "respect the authority"?

So that’s what this is about.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

Dawg84

Jul 28, 2015
Hill was driving at 50 MPH in a 40 MPH zone. And not wearing a seatbelt. This is all Hill did wrong.

He has every right to roll his window up. Unless police have a warrant.
Florida allows window tint on front side windows of 28%. Hill was not cited for this.

There was no reason for him to be taken out of the car, or handcuffed.

And wow there are a bunch of Authoritarian loving bootlickers here.
17 that comment. You have the details of the traffic stop wrong. Bootlicker or not, some people are simply law abiding, and respectful, citizens.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012

Especially since the consensus was Scottie Scheffler did no wrong
.... Wonder why he didn't have to "respect the authority"?

Is there any good evidence that Scheffler drug a cop? The only video evidence was obstructed but appeared to show the cop jumping on the car and not being drug. It was the only video evidence because the cop "conveniently" didn't have his body cam on.

Hill didn't just not handle it better. He refused to comply with what I suspect was a lawful order. It appears it was a lawful and valid stop for speeding, and I assume a cop may lawfully order you to keep your hands visible and the view not obstructed by a tinted window under the same reasoning that makes a Terry frisk lawful.

One of the cops did was quick on the trigger. I think the strong reaction to Hill continuing to raise his window and to refuse to lower it promptly when requested was probably justified if not ideal, depending on the tint of the window, which I can't tell from the body cam video. His temper remaining hot when Hill was handcuffed and stating he had just had knee surgery was not justified. A very human, but nonetheless impermissible reaction.

Also, huge difference between flipping out because of how a motorist reacts to a confusing traffic situation and being tense during a traffic stop.

WGWFA

Oct 12, 2021
The streets aren’t court. The more you run your mouth, the worse the traffic stop will become. Until civilians learn this nothing will change. For those of you who have no idea how this stuff works, go to your local PD & attend a police academy put on for civilians. Once you go through training scenarios, I bet it will open your eyes and see why PD’s are constantly battling with their city council for pay raises.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
You seem to be able to read defiance into him rolling up the window as the policeman walked away...

How do you determine" defiance" in that act?

The policeman didn't have the ticket then.
Great point Che. I don't see any defiance, or disobedience, in Tyreek's behavior. Repeatedly telling a cop to not knock on his window like that when asked about why he's not wearing a seatbelt or something related to reckless driving and telling him to give him the ticket so he can go shouldn't even be remotely regarded as acting defiantly. And then closing a tinted window with the cop standing there and, without raising his voice, saying keep your window down, isn't defiant at all. Nor is Tyreek telling the officer with the window opened slightly "don't tell me what to do." That's not defiant either. It's not defiant, not at all, especially if you don't know the various definitions of the word defiant. ***

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022

Instead i see a bunch of "the police can do no wrong" "RESPECT MY AUTHORITY" posts.
I didn't read that in several posts defending the police which is why you had to make this up to defend your easy to dismiss opinions.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I didn't read that in several posts defending the police which is why you had to make this up to defend your easy to dismiss opinions.
I don’t understand why anyone feels the need to defend either Hill or the police. Hill was an ******* and really had no reason to be. The police were wrong in their handling of the situation. There shouldn’t be any disagreement on the 2 above statements.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009

This is pretty well said. Sums up the situation perfectly in my opinion

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
After watching the whole police cam footage, Tyreek was 100% in the wrong. What did he expect was going to happen? Yes, the cop lost his cool, but right from the start Tyreek was being an a$$.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020

This is pretty well said. Sums up the situation perfectly in my opinion

Yep. He shouldnt have been a jerk to the cop, but the cop should not have escalated like he did. let the police force decide what discipline is necessary for the cop and move on. Don’t use this as fuel for the “cops are tyrants” stuff. I strongly suspect he will be fired because of outside pressure though

Oct 17, 2023
Hill was driving at 50 MPH in a 40 MPH zone. And not wearing a seatbelt. This is all Hill did wrong.

Florida allows window tint on front side windows of 28%. Hill was not cited for this.

I saw the video and he was going WAY more than 50 mph. As a person who raced cars for 30 years, I feel confident in my ability to judge speed. As someone else on here said, you don't get the ticket he got for 10 mph over. He does not have the right roll window up. His window was illegally tinted. He was right to be taken out of the car when he wouldn't follow orders and kept his illegally tinted window up. But other than that you are right.

Oct 17, 2023

Now we know what tyreek hill's name on here is.

• Haha
Oct 17, 2023
I don’t understand why anyone feels the need to defend either Hill or the police. Hill was an ******* and really had no reason to be. The police were wrong in their handling of the situation. There shouldn’t be any disagreement on the 2 above statements.
The police did nothing wrong.

Oct 17, 2023
Yep. He shouldnt have been a jerk to the cop, but the cop should not have escalated like he did. let the police force decide what discipline is necessary for the cop and move on. Don’t use this as fuel for the “cops are tyrants” stuff. I strongly suspect he will be fired because of outside pressure though
the police officer didn't escalate the situation, dumbass hill did.

Jul 11, 2024
I want to think that I am slightly conservative, but I've never seen anyone need to be arrested for rolling their window up. He already said he remembered what his uncle had said and kept his hands on the steering wheel.
I'm not saying he should have been arrested (HE WASNT) but with what cops have been doing facing I wouldn't want to be outside a car with someone acting hot headed where i couldn't see inside the car AT ALL.

Jul 11, 2024
What a bunch of jackasses.

edit... but let me add, some context would be good. I mean... they brought the whole CHiP's patrol out for him. Had they been in high speed pursuit for 200 miles like Buford T. Justice? If so, then I understand why their dander was up.

Why was he pulled over?
Allegedly he was doing like 100 in a 55.

All the cops were out b/c it was game day.

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
That's usually the case with uncooperative suspects: they're concerned about the AC. And let's be dismissive of a police officers legitimate fear of being shot until I get legislation I support. Once we have the right gun control laws, criminals won't be armed behind those tinted windows. Check mate.
Thick sarcasm. Nice!

My opinion: Based upon a straight-forward logical analysis, "gun control" laws serve to disarm only law-abiding citizens and permit criminals an advantage over those law-abiding citizens.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I hope he won’t be fired. I saw where tyreek said he should be fired. I wish tyreek would use this an opportunity to realize how many second chances he’s been given over the years and try to publicly help the cop not get fired here.

ChE1997

Feb 14, 2023
I saw the video and he was going WAY more than 50 mph. As a person who raced cars for 30 years, I feel confident in my ability to judge speed. As someone else on here said, you don't get the ticket he got for 10 mph over. He does not have the right roll window up. His window was illegally tinted. He was right to be taken out of the car when he wouldn't follow orders and kept his illegally tinted window up. But other than that you are right.
The reports I heard on Sunday said "50 MPH"

The citations were published and say 60 MPH. I will admit I took the reports as true vs some famous internet racer clocking on a video.

Are you calling the police liars?

He was not cited for illegal tint, so I assume that means it was legal.

He was taken out of the car for his attitude, and not moving as fast as the police would like.

The other guy was handcuffed for being on a public sidewalk. "Leave" is not a lawful order.

• Sad
Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
If Hill had simply rolled down his window w/o complaining he probably could have avoided all this. Having said that these cops were a bunch of jack asses and should be suspended if not fired.

When keeping it real goes wrong...... The whole thing could have been avoided.

One, rolling down the window is an officer safety issue. Officers have no idea what you have in that car. Especially with tint that dark. Which I'm sure his tint is in violation of Florida law. They had every right to tell him to roll the window down and to knock on the window when he didn't comply.

Also Everyone knows, roll you window down for your safety as well. So the officer knows you aren't reaching for anything. But nope, got to be an *** to the cops and start a fight.
This exactly. I'm not condoning the force that was used at all but Tyreek refusing to keep his highly tinted window rolled down was all on him and he refused to roll it back down when repeatedly asked. I'm as white as they come but if I did that I would not be treated well. Cops have no idea if you have a gun in the glove compartment or what the heck you would be doing in there by refusing to roll down your window. Was listening to Get Up and was shocked that ALL the commentary was just back to how poorly blacks are treated by police without any comment on Hill refusing to follow orders he was given. Yes, there is some blame and overreaction by what the cops did but Hill is the one that caused the situation to begin with.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login