More Pressure - USM or OM?

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
USM is at home, but OM is the bigger brand. Is Bianco’s job still on the line? That has to be a factor too.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
They ain’t firing Bianco. If they win one game this weekend they will extend him and give him a raise so he makes more than Lemonis.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
USM, they've turned this into their World Series. They don't know how to handle a Super.
Hopefully they can win.

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
The answer should be USM. Offensively, I can think of at least 10 USM teams that were better than this one. But pitching-wise, this is the best staff we’ve ever had, and they stack up nicely against anyone in the country.

I don’t think we’ll play tight or nervous though. Even after our closer uncharacteristically blew the first game with LSU, the team didn’t seem rattled. I really like this group. And Scott Berry is a calming force. He’s basically the anti-Vitello. So I’ll say Ole Miss.

HamSammich

Nov 9, 2016
It’s Ole Miss. they were literally just referred to “Big Brother” to USM during the Arkansas game.

Quincy A. Wagstaff

May 28, 2020
More pressure on USM. Playing at home, this is “their year”, more pressure to win now. Ole Miss is playing with house money. They thought their season was over after Hoover. Pressure on Bianco, but I don’t think that translates to these players. They would have played tight in Coral Cables had that been the case, because Bianco was coaching for his job in the regional. And I’ve heard people in Oxford say he is safe. They think firing a coach with three straight Super trips would limit who they could hire. Omaha, everyone is happy. Two losses, and half the fan base is pissed with the AD’s decision. Go Eagles.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
It’ll be more embarrassing to OM because state and OM should be better than southern. But I think there is more pressure on southern. OM has proven under Bianco they are mainstays in a super and year in and out have a shot at Omaha. Not sure southern puts an Omaha type team on the field every year.

tatedog

Mar 28, 2015
So far, the USM crowd seems very nervous/tight and it's translating to the team.

BossDawg78

Jan 25, 2015
So do we freak out WHEN OM punches their ticket (it's gonna happen)? Or is it cool considering last year? Or what if OM gets hot in Omaha?

tatedog

Mar 28, 2015
Boyd's world says USM has a 3.2% chance of winning it all and Ole Miss has less than a 1% chance of winning it all.

Anyone freaking out about who wins this series should find something else to freak out about.

This is easily the lowest ISR Super (#12 vs #27) which is some food for thought for our Rebel and Eagle friends who criticized the difficulty of our path to winning the CWS.

Last edited:

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
Boyd's world says USM has a 3.2% chance of winning it all and Ole Miss has less than a 1% chance of winning it all.

Anyone freaking out about who wins this series should find something else to freak out about.

Yeah that side of the bracket is potentially going to be brutal. Could have Stanford, Oregon State, and Arkansas (or even UNC would be very formidable).

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
So do we freak out WHEN OM punches their ticket (it's gonna happen)? Or is it cool considering last year? Or what if OM gets hot in Omaha?

I think I can already predict that you’re going to freak out about it. I certainly don’t want them to win the national title and I’d rather them not make Omaha but I’m not gonna freak out about it.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
I've got a better chance of banging Paige Spiranac than either of them have at winning the CWS.

tatedog

Mar 28, 2015
Biancollapse brewing?**

How are the Southern Miss fans in the outfield not selling that fair more?

Last edited:

tatedog

Mar 28, 2015
The guy who blew the train horn was the only USM fan in the stadium trying on the foul ball. Those fans sucked just sitting there.

tatedog

Mar 28, 2015
Any thoughts on Auburn's chances at Oregon State tonight?

They are +190. I'm tempted...

Granted the SEC has sucked in post season play**

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
OM and it’s not close. To lose a super to little little bother would be almost as bad as it gets.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Ole Miss actually chokes the hardest in Oxford. I'm guessing they roll USM Sunday and go 0 for 2 in Omaha.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
USM is at home, but OM is the bigger brand. Is Bianco’s job still on the line? That has to be a factor too.

Not watching these guys play - Can't stand either of 'em, but you better believe more pressure on OM. They are in the SEC, they have better players and celebrated Coach - who can't seem to get his team to Omaha. The mustard birds are nothing, beyond a few guys who played out of their skull this year.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login