Most hated modern day small talk phrases….

Pookieray

Oct 14, 2012
I’ve stopped using the word ‘just’ and it’s going pretty well. Instead of typing an email saying that you’re just checking on something, say that you’re checking on something.
My wife has the habit of using "just" when ordering at a restaurant. I'll "just" have .........
drives me insane.

• Haha
Reactions: Mr. Cook

Pookieray

Oct 14, 2012
not a saying but anytime someone orders and holds a menu up to the wait staff and says and points to what they want to order.
Dang mouth breathers! *

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
Bruh, if this thread continues, we gonna have to learn Spanish. Its all good though, it is what it is. I mean the posters on this board - if you know, you know, amirite? For all intents and purposes a lot of these phrases have their place. To be honest with you, some are prolly gonna get triggered no matter what you say. OK so here's the thing, at the end of the day, put some respect on my name, ya heard me? Anywho, circling back to the point, y'all are my fam, but I don't have the bandwidth to continue trying to explain. Have an amazing day, we are MState, literally!

Can I vomit now?*******

Reactions: 85Bears

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
My wife has the habit of using "just" when ordering at a restaurant. I'll "just" have .........
drives me insane.

This made me laugh. Ladies do this all the time.

“I’ll *just* have the left side of the menu….”

22yardpunt

Dec 20, 2009
1) “I know right”

2) “So what does that look like”, followed by 17ed up description, when describing an idea;

3) “we did such and such in the such and such space”;

Carlin used to call it soft language. Much of modern day pussiness. Why use these extra words?
Colleague of mine last week said they liked to “capture” employees on a full-time basis instead of just saying “we prefer to hire full-time instead of on a contract basis.”

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Horrible football fan posts :

LFG

Lets Goooooooooooo !

he just gets it

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Sports announcers with their babble:
"Can you believe it?!?!"
"That will make the top 10 on ESPN!"
"They have spurtability!"
"Oh my!"
"Physicality favors . . ."
"He wishes he could do that over!"

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
If you use the phrase “it is what it is” I assume that you are a stupid person with no ability to influence the world around you and you just accept whatever hand you are dealt.

Or a wise person who realizes that they cannot control what they cannot control

Not sayin’, just sayin’*********

InTheIttaBenaHotSun

Jan 9, 2016
Back in the day

This one has aggravated me for years.

What are you talking about back in the day? Do you mean yesterday? Or do you mean a few years ago? Or do you mean when you were a kid? Or do you mean when you were in college? Or maybe you mean when you were in your 30's?

Be specific when referencing the past.

Last edited:

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
back in the day Dawg, me and my posse.

Another horrible football fan post when a recruit is signed “Let’s Ride”

InTheIttaBenaHotSun

Jan 9, 2016
The use of the word "take" referred to someone's opinion. Example....Well, my take is this.

No, you're not in a gang of bank robbers and no, you're not splitting up a bag of stolen money between gang members.

"It's been a minute" similar to "Back in the day".....Again, be specific when referring to time.

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010
1) “I know right”

2) “So what does that look like”, followed by 17ed up description, when describing an idea;

3) “we did such and such in the such and such space”;

Carlin used to call it soft language. Much of modern day pussiness. Why use these extra words?
Anybody already say, "It's an existential threat to our democracy!"?

Beretta.sixpack

Oct 29, 2009
Egregious

thanks to SportsTalk MS on Supertalk in the afternoon....Hadad isn't as bad as Cross and Borkey.....that is every 5th word out of their mouths

Beretta.sixpack

Oct 29, 2009
"at the end of the day..."

I always thought that at the end of the day the day was over?
holy crap....my regional director uses this phrase 67 times a day.....two weeks ago we had a Teams call and all the guys were on a group text would race to put +1 in the group every time he said it....what's even worse, is now i say it at least 2-3x day because of him and i can't stop

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
Anybody already say, "It's an existential threat to our democracy!"?
rachel maddow GIF

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login