Mount Rushmore of TV theme songs

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
I actually bought the Miami Vice single.

I tap my foot to the old Law And Order intro every time.

Married with Children is Sinatra gold, so it’s in

Tour of Duty had Paint it Black by the Stones. Very apropos.

DawgInThe256

Feb 18, 2011
Rolling Stone did a Top 100 TV Theme Songs list a while back. It had a few too many modern entries for my taste, but just reminded me of how many good ones there have been. If I had to pick 4, I'd go with the ones that wouldn't cause me to change the channel if they came on the radio.

- Rockford Files
- Malcolm in the Middle
- Phineus & Ferb
- Hill Street Blues

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

BrunswickDawg

Aug 22, 2012
Was going to say, this should bring out the generation gaps on the board. Always pictured the board as GenX/Mil but a lot of Boomer stuff here. As one, give me
MASH
Rockford Files
Hawaii 5 O
Mission Impossible
sleeper - Mannix

But as noted, I could go with a lot of ... that's a good one too.
A lot of us Gen Xers watched a ton of reruns in the 70s and 80s

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
People younger than Gen X will never understand the concept of watching whatever was on TV. When I was young, you had three, maybe four choices. You picked the one that was the best out of those four and watched it no matter what it was.
That is why they just had the writers strike. Too much stuff. Too many writers, too many shows, and a plethora of absolute nothing.

Reactions: Wesson Bulldog

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I'm going to dismiss anything that's not an original song, so though I love The Who, that eliminates all the CSI's, as well as Tour of Duty, China Beach, and Married with Children.

It's tough and I could probably be talked out of these and into another great one, but have to go with (in no certain order):

Knight Rider

Dukes of Hazzard

Miami Vice

Dallas

Honorable Mention: Space 1999 because it is wild, disjointed, and gave you clips of the actual episode.

RotorHead

Mar 26, 2019
The Pacific (this is the GOAT)
Sopranoes
Sons of Anarchy
Dukes of Hazard

I’m slightly disappointed that this fine junto did not mention the Pacific’s theme song.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
It’s alright, cause I’m saved by the bell

Teenage mutant ninja turtles, teenage mutant ninja turtles, teenage mutant ninja turtles, heroes in a half shell… turtle power

in west Philadelphia born and raised…

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire… The A-Team

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login