Mount Rushmore of TV theme songs

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012

We started watching LA Law and have knocked out season 1. It's right there in the sweet spot of being a very solid show that you enjoy sitting and watching it, but if you want to have it on and play on your phone it's not so complicated that you can't follow along.

It never really gets mentioned in the pantheon of folks favorite tv shows, but I don't really think it was on syndication or anything? It's on Hulu and I want to say it was only recently added, I don't recall it being on any streamers before.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
We started watching LA Law and have knocked out season 1. It's right there in the sweet spot of being a very solid show that you enjoy sitting and watching it, but if you want to have it on and play on your phone it's not so complicated that you can't follow along.

It never really gets mentioned in the pantheon of folks favorite tv shows, but I don't really think it was on syndication or anything? It's on Hulu and I want to say it was only recently added, I don't recall it being on any streamers before.
Yeah it never really was syndicated for some reason which is strange since it had such a long run.

Reactions: dorndawg
Aug 15, 2011
Sports related, when College Gameday was worth watching. It came on right after ESPN Outdoors in the morning and hearing that theme song got you pumped for some football. When you heard the main ESPN college football theme song before a Saturday night football game called by Ron Franklin meant you were about to see some good football. The current theme music for both is straight trash.

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
People younger than Gen X will never understand the concept of watching whatever was on TV. When I was young, you had three, maybe four choices. You picked the one that was the best out of those four and watched it no matter what it was.
Reminded me of this Foxworthy routine and me back in the day -
"THE PRESIDENT IS ON..... HES ON EVERY CHANNEL..... WERE GOING TO MISS FLIPPER!"

• Haha
Reactions: HailStout

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Sports related, when College Gameday was worth watching. It came on right after ESPN Outdoors in the morning and hearing that theme song got you pumped for some football. When you heard the main ESPN college football theme song before a Saturday night football game called by Ron Franklin meant you were about to see some good football. The current theme music for both is straight trash.

I always liked the older CBS NFL theme.

Reactions: Dawgg

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
I always liked the older CBS NFL theme.

Wow, now that I've listened to this aGAIN, the CBS college football theme is just a sped up version of this (roughly).

Cosmo Kramer Mind Blown GIF

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021
Man, don't get my hopes up about an intro video showcasing Suzanne and then post a video with her replacement in it. That's a pretty egregious party foul.
I'm sorry I posted the wrong dang video..........How about this one.............Suzanne Somers in a swimsuit.........My goodness I had forgotten how hot she was back in the day..........Think she passed not too long ago...........

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2015
I agree w/ Andy Griffith, it may not be Mount Rushmore recognizable but whether someone watched it or not they know the tune.
BONUS: Did you know there are actually words to the song? If not take a listen below, sung by Andy himself:

The M*A*S*H theme song also has lyrics. It’s titled “Suicide is Painless”

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Ummm the last 20 years includes.
Breaking Bad
The Wire
Sopranos
Better Call Saul
True Detective
Fargo
Always Sunny
Veep
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Silicon Valley
Homocide
All the Law and Orders
Mindhunter
The Office
Parks and Rec
Etc etc
There might have been a few great shows in that timeframe, but nothing in number like the decades before. They may have some who had a more adult subject matter, but that doesn't make them any more entertaining.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login