My quick unfiltered thoughts:

OuiRPSU

Oct 6, 2021
Here’s how so:

Clemson is ranked 15 preseason. Duke is unranked.

Both teams are now 4-1. Clemson is ranked 10. Duke is unranked.

Of course you could argue that Duke lost to Georgia Tech and Clemson lost to Georgia. Even so, entering yesterday, Duke was 4-0 and unranked while Clemson was 3-1 and ranked 11.

Looking at who both teams beat does not explain such a disparity.

The only explanation is that Clemson was ranked, and is “thought” to be better (which they probably are, but still).

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
Regarding the rented seatbacks, what is the answer? Difficult to adjust how far to scoot back and not wiggle out of the slot.
I have no idea, but they completely take up all the leg room of the person behind you. People down the row from me had 4 or 5 people in front of them with the rented chair backs and they had to try to sit sideways because there was no physical way to sit straight on like normal. I tried to get by them to get out and it was impossible without kneeing the people in the back, which at that point, seemed appropriate.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Nitt1300

razpsu

Oct 19, 2021
That’s not fun. The seatbacks impinge so much on the legroom of the person behind them. Yesterday was the first time I looked around the stadium and thought to myself, yes, an upgrade is long overdue.
Think that is bad don’t go to Michigan it is wayyyyy tighter. That is how they fit so many by moving the seat numbers closer than ours are.

Reactions: LB99

CDLionFL

Oct 25, 2021
Here’s how so:

Clemson is ranked 15 preseason. Duke is unranked.

Both teams are now 4-1. Clemson is ranked 10. Duke is unranked.

Of course you could argue that Duke lost to Georgia Tech and Clemson lost to Georgia. Even so, entering yesterday, Duke was 4-0 and unranked while Clemson was 3-1 and ranked 11.

Looking at who both teams beat does not explain such a disparity.

The only explanation is that Clemson was ranked, and is “thought” to be better (which they probably are, but still).
OK but that's not going to mean anything when the committee meets to seed the field. It's gonna take a long time but fans and media have to get it out of their heads that rankings on September 1, October 1, November 1, December 1 mean nothing. And just because the committee puts out a ranking the Tuesday before the conference championships (which only opens them up for heavy criticism) doesn't mean they have to follow anything once those championships are played. Games get played Friday & Saturday and then they'll parse everything out on Saturday night/Sunday morning. They'll use many of the metrics that are also used when the basketball committee selects and seeds that tournament. Bottom line, it makes no matter that a bunch of writers have PSU #4 right now. There are likely metrics that the committee has which will measure a team's power rating on each week of the season.

Reactions: SleepyLion

SleepyLion

Sep 1, 2022
OK but that's not going to mean anything when the committee meets to seed the field. It's gonna take a long time but fans and media have to get it out of their heads that rankings on September 1, October 1, November 1, December 1 mean nothing. And just because the committee puts out a ranking the Tuesday before the conference championships (which only opens them up for heavy criticism) doesn't mean they have to follow anything once those championships are played. Games get played Friday & Saturday and then they'll parse everything out on Saturday night/Sunday morning. They'll use many of the metrics that are also used when the basketball committee selects and seeds that tournament. Bottom line, it makes no matter that a bunch of writers have PSU #4 right now. There are likely metrics that the committee has which will measure a team's power rating on each week of the season.
At this point in the season ranks are a marketing gimmick.

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login