NFL says 17 Covid-19.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishwater99

Jun 4, 2007
[FONT=&quot]"The new protocols, which take effect next week, could allow the virus to spread undetected through locker rooms, and could increase opportunities for infected but otherwise healthy players to participate in games."

Too much money in the NFL, they are over it.

[/FONT]
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nfl-covid-19-protocols-194538465.html

msstate7

Nov 27, 2008
Can't believe they're getting rid of the current policy that's really preventing the spread**

wsjmsu75

Sep 29, 2017
"The new protocols, which take effect next week, could allow the virus to spread undetected through locker rooms, and could increase opportunities for infected but otherwise healthy players to participate in games."

Too much money in the NFL, they are over it.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nfl-covid-19-protocols-194538465.html

Good move. It has gotten ridiculous. I wonder what percentage of NFL players are vaccinated now. I'm sure it is high.

Last edited:

dawgnabit

Oct 13, 2016
Finally starting to treat Covid like every other illness we’ve had. If you are actually sick and symptomatic, sit out the game like we’ve done for years. If not, you’re good to play. This is what the players want and how college football handled it

Last edited:

MissStFan87

Feb 15, 2007
Do they even test in college football anymore? I feel like I haven't seen any reports of positive players in a while.

Quincy A. Wagstaff

May 28, 2020
The pandemic has been over for most of this year. Only hysteria remains. And fewer and fewer people are falling for it.

Hump4Hoops

May 1, 2010
With the new dominant variant, this is the right call.

Early reports seem to be that omicron is extremely easy to spread, and has the lightest symptoms.

MissStFan87

Feb 15, 2007
Either it has less virulent properties, or cellular immunity is holding up. Or both, for all we know right now. Either one is a W for mankind. That picture will become clearer in the coming weeks and months, but for now it looks like hospitalizations are DROPPING in South Africa. Hopefully that continues.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
I feel like that numbers is rather unreliable. Seems unlikely to me that Rogers and Antonio Brown would be the only two guys misrepresenting their vaccination status.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
It's business. Big business. They've run the numbers and feel like they've reached an acceptable risk.

They've probably got better scientific data and considered it more reasonably than your average cable new junkie.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I feel like that numbers is rather unreliable. Seems unlikely to me that Rogers and Antonio Brown would be the only two guys misrepresenting their vaccination status.

Who cares though. The vaccine is available if a player wants. If they don’t have it by now it’s because they didn’t want to get it. This is a good decision. The players are tired of being tested and dealing with it. Frankly most everyone is sick of dealing with it. It’s time to move on.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I imagine there are some who fibbed but it’s still probably pretty high on actual vaccinations.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
The NBA was considering doing the same thing. Now that the NFL has done it, they might follow suit.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Either it has less virulent properties, or cellular immunity is holding up. Or both, for all we know right now. Either one is a W for mankind. That picture will become clearer in the coming weeks and months, but for now it looks like hospitalizations are DROPPING in South Africa. Hopefully that continues.

It's probably both, but omicron is definitely less virulent and is showing that in unvaccinated people who get it. The most promising part of this that's not getting enough publicity, is that the symptoms are also manifesting differently. Previous Covid strains attacked the lungs/chest, while omicron primarily manifests as a head cold. This is tremendously good news for overall mortality.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
It's probably both, but omicron is definitely less virulent and is showing that in unvaccinated people who get it. The most promising part of this that's not getting enough publicity, is that the symptoms are also manifesting differently. Previous Covid strains attacked the lungs/chest, while omicron primarily manifests as a head cold. This is tremendously good news for overall mortality.

Thus far we have not seen any uptick in admissions. I did move one over to the ICU today with COVID but one is sure as hell not anything to sound the alarm over. I am cautiously optimistic but I want to see what happens over the next few weeks. Fingers crossed: I cannot handle another Delta.

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2012
I’m no immunologist but I did stay in a holiday inn express last night and I was made to believe that the deadliest diseases are the hardest to spread because they kill their hosts the fastest. So the weaker versions get spread the fastest. Makes sense to this business major.

SaintsDoc

Apr 24, 2016

It is probably less virulent but presentation is the same. It is still Covid-19 virus, SARS-CoV2, with same symptoms. Def not a "head cold".

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
He’s not saying it’s a head cold, just that the symptoms are similar to a head cold.

In the UK the overwhelming majority of the cases with Omicron reported sore throat, runny nose, and sneezing as the most common symptoms. You know…like a head cold. It doesn’t appear **at the moment** to attack the lungs aggressively like previous variants. Let’s hope that stays the case.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
WHAT? We were overrun with it this summer and early fall
Something changed a year or so ago. It’s called a vaccine.

Notice that we had no shut downs over Delta.

At this point you just get what you get. Everybody knows the drill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login