Nick Saban needs to fix College Football..

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
So, I had a long post in the preseason on why I hate Nick Saban, and primarily it is that I consider him the poster child for college football turning into the ridiculous business it is today.

Then he comes out on GameDay and discusses NIL and what needs to be done to fix this situation, and I agree with him. And he is just the kind of man people will listen to. Put together a committee, and put Saban in charge.

ETK99

Jul 30, 2019
I really don't understand the logic of what a HC earns, ruins college football.

What ruins college football is greedy, no moral people who use every loophole possible to turn NIL into pay to play and the transfer portal into an auction block. Period. The end.
It all started with these ridiculously paid coaches and tv contracts. College athletics was never meant to be that.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012

What ruins college football is greedy, no moral people who use every loophole possible to turn NIL into pay to play and the transfer portal into an auction block. Period. The end.
You say you don't understand in your first paragraph then you describe what Satan did in your second.

LimaoCabeca

Nov 17, 2022

I agree that the coach’s pay has nothing logically to do with this, but a lot of emotional thinkers thought it was “unfair” to the players.

Reactions: Maroon13 and Dawgg

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
The Supreme Court has ruled. It’s over. NIL and Portal are here to stay. Doesn’t matter if we liked it better in the old system. The law is the law.

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
So, I had a long post in the preseason on why I hate Nick Saban, and primarily it is that I consider him the poster child for college football turning into the ridiculous business it is today.

Then he comes out on GameDay and discusses NIL and what needs to be done to fix this situation, and I agree with him. And he is just the kind of man people will listen to. Put together a committee, and put Saban in charge.
Lil Nicky ran when it became obvious that 1, can't tell a whole Lotta players who are now making bank to sit down and shut up, and 2, can't keep a whole 3rd string worth of 5* folks because they getting paid anywhere they like.

Reactions: Ranchdawg

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
It's going to take Congress to fix it. Don't hold your breath. The are too busy spending borrowed money.

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
The Supreme Court has ruled. It’s over. NIL and Portal are here to stay. Doesn’t matter if we liked it better in the old system. The law is the law.

There are multiple ways to overcome the Court ruling. The most obvious way is to admit the players are employees, let them unionize, and make a collective bargaining. Other options exist. You just need to limit the pay for play aspect.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login