Noodle arm

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
We have to go back to the dink and dunk for noodle arm to complete a pass. You can forget him complete and something down the field.
troll GIF

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
We have to go back to the dink and dunk for noodle arm to complete a pass. You can forget him complete and something down the field.
We have run off some very, very promising QBs in the name of a gimmick offense and this single player. Rogers has no chance of success in any normal passing offense, and I hope Arnett realizes this. It’s promising that we’ve seen the Vandy transfer in some.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
I really liked the TD pass to Whittemore!
It was a TD, but Whittemore had to contort his entire body to catch it. That was more on him, I think. Definitely the last one was on Whittwmore…. It was a screen pass he took to the house.

Reactions: Ranchdawg

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
I really don’t know what Rogers has to do to make some of y’all happy. He was perfectly fine today. I liked the way they mix and matched The two quarterbacks. But Wright didn’t have to throw a pass today, and I doubt he’ll have so many open lanes to run against tougher competition.

ezsoil

May 26, 2013
I really don’t know what Rogers has to do to make some of y’all happy. He was perfectly fine today. I liked the way they mix and matched The two quarterbacks. But Wright didn’t have to throw a pass today, and I doubt he’ll have so many open lanes to run against tougher competition.
He had plenty of open lanes against Kentucky and Florida last year

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
And the pass rush and windows will only be tighter. Will got about 30 less attempts than he usually gets. Wright did beat Florida and Kentucky last year so he's not chopped liver either. He has play making ability that will simply does not. And he helps our run game simply being on the field. Adds an element that people have to account for. With will snd marks it's like croom. Everyone knows marks is getting it but that's where oline and will has has to make them pay on play action

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Wow. I guess that’s one way to look at it.

Is this his all time low for yardage in a game? A game where he didn’t get to throw for 2 yards and get credit for his target doing the rest?

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
Fightingfuc*enIrish needs to come to the game and watch Will throw away a ball out of the end zone from the 35 yard-line because his receiver was covered. He has plenty of arm. Mike Wright is a beast. They will be a two-headed monster as the year goes along.

Woody and Pittman made some MAN runs.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022

In the future when we bring Wright in, I hope we ditch the dumb gimmick with sending Rogers out wide. Could not be more of a dead giveaway that the play is going to the complete opposite side of the field from the one he’s on.

Sep 4, 2012
Fightingfuc*enIrish needs to come to the game and watch Will throw away a ball out of the end zone from the 35 yard-line because his receiver was covered. He has plenty of arm. Mike Wright is a beast. They will be a two-headed monster as the year goes along.

Woody and Pittman made some MAN runs.
Literally nothing about Will Rogers is “monster.” He’s flat fresca.

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
Defense started a little slow but otherwise we looked pretty solid in all phases. First game with a new staff and all. Minimum of penalties, solid special teams. Well coached team in my opinion. No point in bashing Will. He is our guy for this year. About the only really negative thing I saw was the number of empty seats, especially on the East side.

SouthFarmchicken

Oct 20, 2016
He wasn’t “perfectly fine.” He overthrew the deep ball all day AND missed wide open receivers all day by throwing to the wrong receiver. On top of that, at least half of his actual completions (not the extended handoff variety) were behind his receivers and/or high. Most all of his throws were late to guys that were wide *** open before he held it a second too long.

He was “perfectly fine” for a true freshman or sophomore against a lower division school. He was damn near awful for a fourth year, senior QB that has EVERYTHING to prove. He just doesn’t have the physical skill set needed and you can watch him overthinking in the pocket.

Will, with an assist from the Oline, sets the ceiling for this team at 7 regular season wins. The floor is 4, unfortunately.

OopsICroomedmypants

Sep 29, 2022
No it doesn’t. In fact, nothing about Rogers is stronger. He’s stagnant and uninspiring.

He hasn’t grown as an athlete or a leader. He’s like a less-athletic Peter Pan.
I don’t know how old you are, but I’ve lived through some really poor looking qb’s and offenses here at MSU. Will is in the upper tier and part of it is due to his accuracy and leadership. Someone can correct me, but I was at the game when Mike Henig threw 7 int’s in one game. I’ve seen us struggle to complete a screen pass. And no, I don’t think he played great today.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
He was off today missing the guy who gave him a chance to play college football and taught him how to be a quarterback in his system. He was not on the sidelines. I expected him to be flat, not as flat as in the first half. He made some decent throws just before halftime and in the second half. No matter what he says, you can see his head and heart was not in the game today. I hope it's a good learning experience for him.

I'd be upset if we were only throwing the ball like we used to be on offense. But we were able to run the ball very well. I wonder how long ago it was since the last time we were able to run the ball for as many yards and scores.

I don't particularly appreciate leaving QB #! in the game when we bring in our other QB #2. It's just too gimmicky. The entire first half we were a little bit too cutesy with our playcalling. It didn't allow anybody to get an offensive rhythm in the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

peewee.sixpack

Nov 4, 2014
I don’t know how old you are, but I’ve lived through some really poor looking qb’s and offenses here at MSU. Will is in the upper tier and part of it is due to his accuracy and leadership. Someone can correct me, but I was at the game when Mike Henig threw 7 int’s in one game. I’ve seen us struggle to complete a screen pass. And no, I don’t think he played great today.
That’s just it. The past is the past and we have fans that are still happy with 5/6 win seasons while others want a consistently good team. I thank Will for all he’s done but just not sure he elevates our team.

• Sad
Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
These people would damn near pray for a loss just so they could come on here and tell you how right they are about how bad Will Rogers is. It reminds me of Dallas fans complaining about Dak. It’s pathetic.
No we just want better for our program. We compete in the hardest conference in college football. Not the fcs. When you play with the best, you don't have time to figure it out.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
He was off today with the guy who gave him a chance to play college football and taught him how to be a quarterback in his system. He was not on the sidelines. I expected him to be flat, not as flat as in the first half. He made some decent throws just before halftime and in the second half. No matter what he says, you can see his head and heart was not in the game today. I hope it's a good learning experience for him.

I'd be upset if we were only throwing the ball like we used to be on offense. But we were able to run the ball very well. I wonder how long ago it was since the last time we were able to run the ball for as many yards and scores.

I don't particularly appreciate leaving QB #! in the game when we bring in our other QB #2. It's just too gimmicky. The entire first half we were a little bit too cutesy with our playcalling. It didn't allow anybody to get an offensive rhythm in the game.
Cutesy stuff is what this OC does based upon what I’ve seen from today and his App Staye games. He’s got all kinds of presnap movement and players crossing the backfield. It kinda reminds me of an unrefined Lane Kiffin offense.

• Haha
Reactions: Southern Law Dawg

Mjoelner

Sep 2, 2006
Defense started a little slow but otherwise we looked pretty solid in all phases. First game with a new staff and all. Minimum of penalties, solid special teams. Well coached team in my opinion. No point in bashing Will. He is our guy for this year. About the only really negative thing I saw was the number of empty seats, especially on the East side.
Punting and kickoffs left a lot to be desired. Punting average of 37.2 and zero touchbacks on 7 kickoffs

Reactions: peewee.sixpack
Sep 4, 2012
These people would damn near pray for a loss just so they could come on here and tell you how right they are about how bad Will Rogers is. It reminds me of Dallas fans complaining about Dak. It’s pathetic.
The fact that you just compared Rogers with Dak tells me just how untethered from reality you really are.

• Sad
Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
No we just want better for our program. We compete in the hardest conference in college football. Not the fcs. When you play with the best, you don't have time to figure it out.
That’s not as insightful as you seem to think. If Mike Wright can’t match Will’s passing then he won’t start. I mean, if Rogers sucks then they should be easy to do. I watched Wright score no TDs.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
That’s just it. The past is the past and we have fans that are still happy with 5/6 win seasons while others want a consistently good team. I thank Will for all he’s done but just not sure he elevates our team.

I don't know any fans that are "happy" with 5 and 6 win seasons. And Will hasn't produced that.

He's 17-10 in the last two seasons plus this game.

He's 17-7 vs teams not named Alabama & Georgia. I'll take that because it might not be peak Mississippi State, but it's good to very good Mississippi State.

If Mike Wright is better than Will Rogers, I hope he takes the job and runs with it.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login