Noodle arm

PK Dawg

Jul 17, 2022
I’m just happy we didn’t have to listen to Jim Ellis call the game!

Son_of_34

Sep 30, 2012
Punting and kickoffs left a lot to be desired. Punting average of 37.2 and zero touchbacks on 7 kickoffs
0 touchbacks yet their average starting field position was around the 20/21 yard line...I'll take that over a touchback any day

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
0 touchbacks yet their average starting field position was around the 20/21 yard line...I'll take that over a touchback any day
This won't happen against SEC teams. We've got to kick better.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
I don't know any fans that are "happy" with 5 and 6 win seasons. And Will hasn't produced that.

He's 17-10 in the last two seasons plus this game.

He's 17-7 vs teams not named Alabama & Georgia. I'll take that because it might not be peak Mississippi State, but it's good to very good Mississippi State.

If Mike Wright is better than Will Rogers, I hope he takes the job and runs with it.
I agree and hope to see the best players on the field. Will had a bad game and I'm glad it was against SELA. If it happens again he will be opening the door for Wright. I think we will see a better performance by Will against AZ.

Reactions: She Mate Me

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I’m just happy we didn’t have to listen to Jim Ellis call the game!

He has retired from calling football and manages a block of Texas Roadhouses the Southeastern US in the fall.

He's also the lead singer for an up and coming 70's Rock & Roll music band, The Weak Dick Dawgs featuring Jim Ellis.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
There is no reason we can't have a kicker put the ball through the endzone. I hope they did it on purpose.

I was thinking we might have been working on kick placement and coverage vs a live opponent that wasn't going to threaten us much.

Hope so anyway.

lazlow

Jul 9, 2009
Will is going to be fine in this offense. His arm actually looks stronger than in the past.

I really liked the TD pass to Whittemore!
Great , the best WR on the team is a true freshmen’s. QB really is the least of this team’s concerns. Can’t believe we can’t do any better in the portal w/ a team that you know…..throws that ball a lot.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Great , the best WR on the team is a true freshmen’s. QB really is the least of this team’s concerns. Can’t believe we can’t do any better in the portal w/ a team that you know…..throws that ball a lot.

As many dudes as we've put in the NFL recently, it's depressing and surprising that we haven't produced a legit pro receiver in nearly 30 years.

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

AlCoDog

Feb 27, 2008
This won't happen against SEC teams. We've got to kick better.
Agree. I hate not kicking out of the end zone every single time. Remove any chance for a return. Who cares if they start on the 20 instead of the 25. It’s not worth it. Kicking it short is also a good way to miss and kick it out of bounds.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
AFA both QBs in the game I would have been OK if Will had remained in the backfield as a pitch/pass option. WR? It just didn't make sense. Wright should have played half back with a pass option.
This formation is used across college football. I don’t know why but lots of teams do it.

But pretending like y’all (the ones saying this) know more than every other coach in the country is hilarious.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I predicted the score exactly, You Jack asss.I expected our fourth year qb to be accurate and be excited and a leader coming out. I expected about a 35 point at half and then cruise to 48 in second half. Playing an fcs opponent with new coach I felt that would be acceptable. Instead, our veteran team and qb, that's been practicing this since last spring came out flat. I would be willing to bet arnett is more mad about that too. He's a competitor. I like that about him. He was still mad at the defense at the end of the game. I would have like to have seen a few more of the dynamic plays in the first half. I expected our line to come out and assert dominance the same as the defense. Set the tone for the season. It's the first game. They should have come ready to show somebody something. Not limping out of the gate. Hopefully next week will be better. I'm happy they won I'm happy we put it together in the second half. I would have liked it if they would have exceeded my expectionas. Because my expectations are around 7-6. Play today starting like that gets you 6-6 or 7-6 with our talent. learning to play all 4 quarters to your best with our talent gets you 9 or higher and a new years 6 type bowl. Last year we put some full games together and had some leadership.
20/29 is pretty accurate

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
I won't. Allow enough returns and that will change. 100% of kickoffs that are touchbacks have never been taken to the house or past the 25.
Unless they are kicked out of bounds. I’ll see myself out

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Maybe bc he doesn’t look worth the chance in practice?
Could be. could also be the feel somewhat of a need to put rogers out there because he is the four year starter at msu and it wouldn't look good if you benched him after he stayed? Especially with his "stats" all depends on what arnett snd Barbay want out of this offense. Gimmick big play. That eventually defenses will figure out. Or a true dynamic offense. This feels like Florida 06 you can tell they want to do Tebow but played leak because he was older and had experience. Parsons is probably who they want but he's not ready yet. Wright and will as a combo make that. I think the coaches will have to decide which level of that combo gives you the closest to that

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
20/29 is pretty accurate
It's the plays that missed that were better opportunities for big plays outside of the creed td. It's also more of the upside of creativity with run game that I like about wrighf. If he can throw 60 percent. I think that's good enough. He may not be able to.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
This post is nonsense, particularly quoting will's won loss record. This team has won a lot of games over the last three years in spite of Will Roger's, not because of him. And we've dropped some that we should have won if we could have moved the ball or didn't have an ill timed turnover or sack.

My post is nonsense?

Screenshot_20230903-181621.png

Do you just compartmentalize the great Will games as never happening? Can you look at this list and still not acknowledge that Will has played a huge part in a lot of good and dominating wins. He's had some seriously good games. And this list doesn't include incredible games vs UK and Auburn (and others) in 2022.

Yes, he struggles against great teams and even just good ones, but he is a major reason why we generally easily win the games we are supposed to.

I'd be more than happy to have honest discussions about Will's weaknesses, but we can rarely get there because most of the Will haters here (not you) are emotional basketcases who vomit ridiculous claims about his suckage all over the board after every game.

Your response is nonsense. See how easy it is to say that with nothing but your opinion supporting it?

Last edited:

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
My post is nonsense?

View attachment 397386

Do you just compartmentalize the great Will games as never happening? Can you look at this list and still not acknowledge that Will has played a huge part in a lot of good and dominating wins. He's had some seriously good games. And this list doesn't include incredible games vs UK and Auburn (and others) in 2022.

Yes, he struggles against great teams and even just good ones, but he is a major reason why we generally easily win the games we are supposed to.

I'd be more than happy to have honest discussions about Will's weaknesses, but we can rarely get there because most of the Will haters here (not you) are emotional basketcases who vomit ridiculous claims about his suckage all over the board after every game.

Your response is nonsense. See how easy it is to say that with nothing but your opinion supporting it?
Your post was nonsense and your follow up did nothing to address my original point. If anything, it actually enforced my point further.

and at no time did I say he never had good games. He's had a few. My point still stands. You know it too or you wouldn't be trying to change the argument.

• Sad

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Your post was nonsense and your follow up did nothing to address my original point. If anything, it actually enforced my point further.

and at no time did I say he never had good games. He's had a few. My point still stands. You know it too or you wouldn't be trying to change the argument.

You're completely full of it and you haven't even tried to support a thing you've said. You just say it and expect that your massive brain makes it so.

What I said and supported stands. We disagree. Difference is I'm not using girl emotions to come to my conclusions. I'm using logic.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
My Head feels so much better after I've avoided this place after visiting earlier today. I finally realized it was the first game of the season, with a brand new head coach, and a brand new offense. The players might be returning, but where we put them is pretty much brand new all the way across the board from the offense, defense, special teams, and even the kicking game. New everything.

Why in the world should I get all bent out of shape about it?

You guys go right ahead.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
My Head feels so much better after I've avoided this place after visiting earlier today. I finally realized it was the first game of the season, with a brand new head coach, and a brand new offense. The players might be returning, but where we put them is pretty much brand new all the way across the board from the offense, defense, special teams, and even the kicking game. New everything.

Why in the world should I get all bent out of shape about it?

You guys go right ahead.

You're much wiser than me.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Could be. could also be the feel somewhat of a need to put rogers out there because he is the four year starter at msu and it wouldn't look good if you benched him after he stayed? Especially with his "stats" all depends on what arnett snd Barbay want out of this offense. Gimmick big play. That eventually defenses will figure out. Or a true dynamic offense. This feels like Florida 06 you can tell they want to do Tebow but played leak because he was older and had experience. Parsons is probably who they want but he's not ready yet. Wright and will as a combo make that. I think the coaches will have to decide which level of that combo gives you the closest to that
So you’re basically saying they are coaching to win? Got it.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
It's the plays that missed that were better opportunities for big plays outside of the creed td. It's also more of the upside of creativity with run game that I like about wrighf. If he can throw 60 percent. I think that's good enough. He may not be able to.
So 60% is better than 69%? Got it.

josebrown

Aug 4, 2008
I really don’t know what Rogers has to do to make some of y’all happy. He was perfectly fine today. I liked the way they mix and matched The two quarterbacks. But Wright didn’t have to throw a pass today, and I doubt he’ll have so many open lanes to run against tougher competition.
He‘ll eventually throw that backwards pass to Will stepping back off the line for a deep ball..

Eleven Bravo

Aug 31, 2018
Wright looks good running the ball-his speed and cutting ability is above-average for a QB for sure. I’m pretty confident in saying that his running ability has never been in question, but his ability to throw the football has been the questionable part of his game. How many passes did he attempt on Saturday? Yeah, that’s what I thought. You know, it could just be that the people who watch him every day in practice may have a better idea of his overall ability vs Will and/or the other QB’s on this team than any one of us who posts here. Now, if we decide to go to the triple option or the single wing, Wright could very well be our guy-but nobody in college football these days is going to win games without the ability to throw the football. The fact that our staff didn’t give Wright a single opportunity to throw the football on Saturday is sorta telling, or it seems that way to me. It’s kind of the same reason why we haven’t ever called upon Will to take the football and try to run around the end consistently at any time since he’s been here.

patdog

May 28, 2007
He‘ll eventually throw that backwards pass to Will stepping back off the line for a deep ball..
I think there’s several different things we could be setting up from this personnel group. Backwards pass to Will. Will at QB & Wright splitting out. Or Wright throwing the ball. We intentionally showed only 1 play from this in this game.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login