Noodle arm

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
In the future when we bring Wright in, I hope we ditch the dumb gimmick with sending Rogers out wide. Could not be more of a dead giveaway that the play is going to the complete opposite side of the field from the one he’s on.

I gotta feel like that was just a look to put on film. Who knows? Maybe we'll do something interesting out of it later.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
That’s not as insightful as you seem to think. If Mike Wright can’t match Will’s passing then he won’t start. I mean, if Rogers sucks then they should be easy to do. I watched Wright score no TDs.
Hard to do that when coach don't put you in the opportunity to do so. Hell if he got a better block from a receiver turning to look he would have from 40 yds out. He didn't get any passing plays called for him either.

Sep 4, 2012
The fact that you read that as a comparison between the two QBs tells me how stupid you are.
I may have misunderstood, but you seemed to compare our distaste for Rogers’ performance to Cowboy fans’ distaste for Dak’s performance.

Fact is Dak’s a skilled NFL quarterback with natural athleticism, leadership ability and the capacity to improve YoY.

Rogers is none of these things.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
No we just want better for our program. We compete in the hardest conference in college football. Not the fcs. When you play with the best, you don't have time to figure it out.

The #1 team in the country beat an FCS team that's prolly not quite as good as SELA by the exact same 48-7 score today.

And they had to score 10 in the last 2:30 to do it.

Hope they can figure it out.

What score and stats would have been more acceptable today?

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
I may have misunderstood, but you seemed to compare our distaste for Rogers’ performance to Cowboy fans’ distaste for Dak’s performance.

Fact is Dak’s a skilled NFL quarterback with natural athleticism, leadership ability and the capacity to improve YoY.

Rogers is none of these things.
I compared the fan bases. The dissatisfaction with a QB who is effective and who has won a lot games. Will isn’t Dak Prescott and I have seen nothing from Mike Wright so far to make me think he is either. I’m pretty damn sure if Barbay thought Wright was a better QB then he would have let him throw at least one single pass.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Yeah, if the coach doesn’t trust him to throw then I don’t either.
Will is the safe qb. He will be accurate just enough. He doesn't excite anyone and he's not dynamic or a play maker. He's not going to make a crazy good athletic play to win you a football game. That's why he gets no respect from media and the reason nobody takes us seriously. Maybe Mike doesnt have that in the passing game. Me personally I was hoping we could have gotten a better transfer but nobody like that wanted to come if they weren't gonna get the job snd play for an unknown commodity in a new head coach and new system. Maybe Parsons will be that guy next year if it's not wright. But I know it's not will I have seen that enough in 3 years. Will might have been that guy hood enough for 9 games in leach offense but leach ain't here no more.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
The #1 team in the country beat an FCS team that's prolly not quite as good as SELA by the exact same 48-7 score today.

And they had to score 10 in the last 2:30 to do it.

Hope they can figure it out.

What score and stats would have been more acceptable today?
They also didn't have 4th year qb with 20 returning starters.
Georgia may not be as good this year either.

I made my call earlier today. I'm saying Tennessee wins the east

• Sad

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I knew it. Game one and we are already making noise for the backup quarterback like we know what our players are capable of doing and not capable of with one game under their belt for the season.

Will Rogers is not the only player we have on this team and not our only option on offense. I'm not happy with his performance either, but I'm not gonna hang him for how he looked during the first game of the season with a new coach and a new offense.

Wow!

Make sure you get the order of fries on your way out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pilgrimdawg

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
Will is the safe qb. He will be accurate just enough. He doesn't excite anyone and he's not dynamic or a play maker. He's not going to make a crazy good athletic play to win you a football game. That's why he gets no respect from media and the reason nobody takes us seriously. Maybe Mike doesnt have that in the passing game. Me personally I was hoping we could have gotten a better transfer but nobody like that wanted to come if they weren't gonna get the job snd play for an unknown commodity in a new head coach and new system. Maybe Parsons will be that guy next year if it's not wright. But I know it's not will I have seen that enough in 3 years. Will might have been that guy hood enough for 9 games in leach offense but leach ain't here no more.
We have who we have. If a QB is going to be one dimensional it damn sure better be through the air. Good runners are a dime a dozen, even for Mississippi State. The QB has to pick the right target and deliver the ball timely and accurately. I know Rogers can do that and if Wright can’t then the only flash he has will be in the pan.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
I don’t know how old you are, but I’ve lived through some really poor looking qb’s and offenses here at MSU. Will is in the upper tier and part of it is due to his accuracy and leadership. Someone can correct me, but I was at the game when Mike Henig threw 7 int’s in one game. I’ve seen us struggle to complete a screen pass. And no, I don’t think he played great today.
Quit bugging them with facts! I'm laughing my *ss off reading this stuff.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
He was off today missing the guy who gave him a chance to play college football and taught him how to be a quarterback in his system. He was not on the sidelines. I expected him to be flat, not as flat as in the first half. He made some decent throws just before halftime and in the second half. No matter what he says, you can see his head and heart was not in the game today. I hope it's a good learning experience for him.

I'd be upset if we were only throwing the ball like we used to be on offense. But we were able to run the ball very well. I wonder how long ago it was since the last time we were able to run the ball for as many yards and scores.

I don't particularly appreciate leaving QB #! in the game when we bring in our other QB #2. It's just too gimmicky. The entire first half we were a little bit too cutesy with our playcalling. It didn't allow anybody to get an offensive rhythm in the game.
AFA both QBs in the game I would have been OK if Will had remained in the backfield as a pitch/pass option. WR? It just didn't make sense. Wright should have played half back with a pass option.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
You didn't answer my question?

What score and stats today make you happy?
I predicted the score exactly, You Jack asss.I expected our fourth year qb to be accurate and be excited and a leader coming out. I expected about a 35 point at half and then cruise to 48 in second half. Playing an fcs opponent with new coach I felt that would be acceptable. Instead, our veteran team and qb, that's been practicing this since last spring came out flat. I would be willing to bet arnett is more mad about that too. He's a competitor. I like that about him. He was still mad at the defense at the end of the game. I would have like to have seen a few more of the dynamic plays in the first half. I expected our line to come out and assert dominance the same as the defense. Set the tone for the season. It's the first game. They should have come ready to show somebody something. Not limping out of the gate. Hopefully next week will be better. I'm happy they won I'm happy we put it together in the second half. I would have liked it if they would have exceeded my expectionas. Because my expectations are around 7-6. Play today starting like that gets you 6-6 or 7-6 with our talent. learning to play all 4 quarters to your best with our talent gets you 9 or higher and a new years 6 type bowl. Last year we put some full games together and had some leadership.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I predicted the score exactly, You Jack asss.I expected our fourth year qb to be accurate and be excited and a leader coming out. I expected about a 35 point at half and then cruise to 48 in second half. Playing an fcs opponent with new coach I felt that would be acceptable. Instead, our veteran team and qb, that's been practicing this since last spring came out flat. I would be willing to bet arnett is more mad about that too. He's a competitor. I like that about him. He was still mad at the defense at the end of the game. I would have like to have seen a few more of the dynamic plays in the first half. I expected our line to come out and assert dominance the same as the defense. Set the tone for the season. It's the first game. They should have come ready to show somebody something. Not limping out of the gate. Hopefully next week will be better. I'm happy they won I'm happy we put it together in the second half. I would have liked it if they would have exceeded my expectionas. Because my expectations are around 7-6. Play today starting like that gets you 6-6 or 7-6 with our talent. learning to play all 4 quarters to your best with our talent gets you 9 or higher and a new years 6 type bowl. Last year we put some full games together and had some leadership.

So you're happy, right?

Or, not happy?

I got a little lost in your succinct answer.

QuadrupleOption

Aug 21, 2012
Jesus. I have to wonder if some of you idiots pull a finger out of your nose before typing this idiotic BS, or if you just type with one snotty hand while digging around with the other.

it would explain the idiocy of trashing a QB who is one of the best passers in SEC history and completed oh, 69% of his passes today (nice).

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
So you're happy, right?

Or, not happy?

I got a little lost in your succinct answer.
It is possible to be pleased with a win And think or believe we could be better and could have done a lot better. It could have been worse. I'd give our performance a B. It is possible be happy we win today but also to realize to win this year in sec we are going to have to get a lot better because we won't play fcs, mountain west, sun belt, or aac every week. The sec has a lot of good coaches and the best talent. I don't ever expect us to struggle in any quarters with an fcs team.

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
It is possible to be pleased with a win And think or believe we could be better and could have done a lot better. It could have been worse. I'd give our performance a B. It is possible be happy we win today but also to realize to win this year in sec we are going to have to get a lot better because we won't play fcs, mountain west, sun belt, or aac every week. The sec has a lot of good coaches and the best talent. I don't ever expect us to struggle in any quarters with an fcs team.
Trojan, maybe you can answer my question. Which sec teams do you see us beating this year ? I think Arizona is going to be a handfull

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Trojan, maybe you can answer my question. Which sec teams do you see us beating this year ? I think Arizona is going to be a handfull
I think we have more talent than Arizona.
As long as the line does their job we will run it down their throat. Hopefully will, is more in line next week.

based on sec games I watched today. Kentucky looks on par with us. Honestly though I haven't seen lsu yet every sec west team looked improved but us and bama. But I know bama has way more talent. Auburn definitely looked better. They have a clue now. New coach new system. Didn't seem to have a problem with a quick start. While it was Mercer, ole miss defense played better than they would have last year. Their offense is more dynamic again. Dart looked improved. Competition might have helped him. The teams that struggled today in first half, bama and uga both had new starting qbs. Msu new offense. Other teams with new OC. Arkansas. Texas am. auburn. All looked pretty good the whole game.

Reactions: blitz2Win

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
I think we have more talent than Arizona.
As long as the line does their job we will run it down their throat. Hopefully will, is more in line next week.

based on sec games I watched today. Kentucky looks on par with us. Honestly though I haven't seen lsu yet every sec west team looked improved but us and bama. But I know bama has way more talent. Auburn definitely looked better. They have a clue now. New coach new system. Didn't seem to have a problem with a quick start. While it was Mercer, ole miss defense played better than they would have last year. Their offense is more dynamic again. Dart looked improved. Competition might have helped him. The teams that struggled today in first half, bama and uga both had new starting qbs. Msu new offense. Other teams with new OC. Arkansas. Texas am. auburn. All looked pretty good the whole game.
Arizona has a good offense and a huge o line. We have no pass rush and our secondary looked bad. I think we will have to put up points to beat Arizona. Their defense is not good but it’s better than last year they added a stud lb from Oregon, big nose tackle from Indiana and a Georgia defensive tackle.

we looked bad today despite score IMO.

• Sad

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
We have to go back to the dink and dunk for noodle arm to complete a pass. You can forget him complete and something down the field.
I'm sure you could have thrown that 33 yard touchdown pass to Creed. And of course you would have completed more than 69% of your first game passes. You should ask Barbay if he needs another assistant coach. QB coach maybe??

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
I don’t know how old you are, but I’ve lived through some really poor looking qb’s and offenses here at MSU. Will is in the upper tier and part of it is due to his accuracy and leadership. Someone can correct me, but I was at the game when Mike Henig threw 7 int’s in one game. I’ve seen us struggle to complete a screen pass. And no, I don’t think he played great today.
I've lived through a lot of poor QB play at state too, but I never bring it up. Why? Because it has nothing to do with Will or this team.

To me, it's okay to say that a few on here are overreacting to how we played in the first half yesterday, while also acknowledging that will looked terrible. We all pick on extreme, but his last post about how will played yesterday was right on the money. He was not good. He missed open receivers. He was indecisive. He held the ball and took a couple of sacks. Some will counter and say he was rusty. To that, I call BS. He's looked like that his entire career. Maybe it's just time to face facts.

Our QB of the future is Parson and he's going to be a good one. Until then, we have to hope our defense can keep us in games. Love the new offense but Will definitely limits what we can do in it.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
I don't know any fans that are "happy" with 5 and 6 win seasons. And Will hasn't produced that.

He's 17-10 in the last two seasons plus this game.

He's 17-7 vs teams not named Alabama & Georgia. I'll take that because it might not be peak Mississippi State, but it's good to very good Mississippi State.

If Mike Wright is better than Will Rogers, I hope he takes the job and runs with it.
This post is nonsense, particularly quoting will's won loss record. This team has won a lot of games over the last three years in spite of Will Roger's, not because of him. And we've dropped some that we should have won if we could have moved the ball or didn't have an ill timed turnover or sack.

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
I've lived through a lot of poor QB play at state too, but I never bring it up. Why? Because it has nothing to do with Will or this team.

To me, it's okay to say that a few on here are overreacting to how we played in the first half yesterday, while also acknowledging that will looked terrible. We all pick on extreme, but his last post about how will played yesterday was right on the money. He was not good. He missed open receivers. He was indecisive. He held the ball and took a couple of sacks. Some will counter and say he was rusty. To that, I call BS. He's looked like that his entire career. Maybe it's just time to face facts.

Our QB of the future is Parson and he's going to be a good one. Until then, we have to hope our defense can keep us in games. Love the new offense but Will definitely limits what we can do in it.
the New offense wasn’t very Appealing, unless Wright was in

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login