O/T . . . how 'bout dem Cowboys!

USCEE82

Feb 17, 2024
What an *** kicking, at home by the Lions! Wow.
I always enjoy when they put the camera on Jerry after a particularly bad play for the cowboys. And he has reached the age where people lose their filter so his interviews after a loss are entertaining. I was a big cowboys fan back in the seventies but now I just chuckle when the lose because of all the hype they receive every season.

RUMMENIGGE

Jan 31, 2022
Ever since that crybaby blowout loss earlier this year in playoffs against Green Bay, Dallas has struggled at home.

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
Tepper set the tone for his entire tenure with the way he treated Rock Hill and York County. They'll grind that axe for a long time.
I agree. That project would have been a terrific boon for that area and our state. He bailed on it. But to be balanced, York County officials opened the door by being slow to keep the county's financial commitments to the deal. They made it easy for him to turn tail. Now all they have is a new interchange on I-77 with no real purpose that all SC taxpayers chipped in to build.

Reactions: Roosterbell

The Reel Ess

Joined Feb 3, 2005
Jan 31, 2022
I agree. That project would have been a terrific boon for that area and our state. He bailed on it. But to be balanced, York County officials opened the door by being slow to keep the county's financial commitments to the deal. They made it easy for him to turn tail. Now all they have is a new interchange on I-77 with no real purpose that all SC taxpayers chipped in to build.
Agreed. It'll be lines with shops, restaurants and nice townhouses before long.

DarthQuincy

Oct 22, 2022

I live nearby, and I was screaming from the rooftops for Rock Hill/York to not make this deal. It NEVER works for the city or county. Taxes going to billionaire pet projects are nothing but a boondoggle. It doesn't create meaningful full-time jobs or bring real revenue to the area.

Let billionaires build their own f*&%ing stadiums. I don't care what ANYONE says, the real economics behind crap like this tell the truth - it does nothing at all for anyone other than the owner (lining their own pockets).

USCEE82

Feb 17, 2024
Agreed. It'll be lines with shops, restaurants and nice townhouses before long.
My home town. The crazy thing is that one exit south is Dave Lyle which already has every brand of hotel, retail store, and restaurant there is. So, I don't know what they'll build on the new Panthers exit. Maybe mixed use housing. Richardson was forced to sell the team. The league should force Tepper to sell the team because they are an embarrassment to the NFL brand.

Reactions: The Reel Ess

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login