Official '24 PSU - USC game thread

MrTailgate

Oct 19, 2021
Great job boys. Allar is a slinger. It’s amazing to finally see a kid throw the ball into the middle of the field after the last couple of years. Good skill players on USC but the Nits gave up WAY too many big chunk plays. Something to clean up there for sure.

I think the wideouts are improving and they offer the opportunity to get it down the field. I think Fleming could be a good slot guy and I think his production will increase.

Great win, the boys earned it. My first reaction is that it’s silly to have these teams in the Big. This is going to cost Big teams some slots in the tourney. I can’t see most teams winning these trips.

Reactions: GregPSU

CDLionFL

Oct 25, 2021
Yeah who the hell can settle for 6-0? Good Lord.
Oh I'll gladly take it and they showed a crap ton of heart and grit in that 2nd half after getting down. But if you're doing an objective analysis, you can't be blind to the consistency (or lack thereof) of the 6 first quarters this season. A team better coached than USC won't let us slide if they have us in that position. I'm not dumping on anyone's parade.

Marshall2323

Aug 7, 2024
Oh I'll gladly take it and they showed a crap ton of heart and grit in that 2nd half after getting down. But if you're doing an objective analysis, you can't be blind to the consistency (or lack thereof) of the 6 first quarters this season. A team better coached than USC won't let us slide if they have us in that position. I'm not dumping on anyone's parade.
There are 2 teams on the field. Both have great athletes and some of the best coaches in the nation. Winning is hard. Did you watch Alabama the past 2 weeks?

Grant Green

Oct 12, 2021
.3 He can do it as he probably has 1 or 2 to carry him if needed

1995PSUGrad

Oct 30, 2021
This result should surprise no one. It’s a classic James Franklin performance in a big game on the road.

He will soon be 0-4 on the road with a top 5 ranking. And today isn’t particularly close.

This program is what it is (today) until a fresh leadership perspective is brought in 5-6 years from now.
Spoken like a true fan!

Big_O

Oct 12, 2021
Was trying to post on my phone during the game with difficulty at times. Then my video went out at 14 seconds left in the 4th and a couple seconds later my synced radio stream goes out. Had to watch the end in silence.

What a blood pressure raising, heart stopping game!

Finally a signature win for CJF. He needs to win a lot more of these type of contests to get into positive territory to truly earn the moniker of Big Game James.

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
Isn’t Lincoln Riley highly regarded as a head coach?

Reactions: Shadow99

CDLionFL

Oct 25, 2021
Tuff to teach team in a look at me and pay me what I'm worth or I'm outta here sport.
You got that right. Especially when guys are checking out at the 3 & 4-game mark thinking that they're better than what they really are when they'll just screw some other team next year.

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
It’s amazing that some of the frequent posters who trash everything about PSU from the BOT, to the academic rankings, to the football team and Franklin are MIA tonight. I hope they are gnashing their teeth at the victory.

Nitt1300

Oct 12, 2021
It’s amazing that some of the frequent posters who trash everything about PSU from the BOT, to the academic rankings, to the football team and Franklin are MIA tonight. I hope they are gnashing their teeth at the victory.
you know they are

Omar81

Oct 19, 2021
Just had to come on the board at nearly 9:00 to take an unprovoked shot at some fellow Penn Staters — and then come back 2 minutes later to do it again because once is not enough. Feel better now?

PSUQbKeeper

Oct 12, 2021
look, I am not saying it is going to happen but.....it would be a really cool year to beat Ohio St....not once....not twice....but three times

regular season, conference championship and playoff wins 😁

not sure anyone could complain about that if it happened, so we could all join hands and sing kumbayah

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
Just had to come on the board at nearly 9:00 to take an unprovoked shot at some fellow Penn Staters — and then come back 2 minutes later to do it again because once is not enough. Feel better now?
I was at a function most of the evening and came on to enjoy the win with others at 7:18. If you fall into the group that throws a wet blanket on everything PSU then so be it. If you don’t like it, tough.

CDLionFL

Oct 25, 2021
Fancy way to say Franklin outcoached him.
Because he didn't. I'd say the coaching was pretty even. If we worry more about starting off correctly instead of runway length, then James would have gotten the edge. Though, they did get screwed by that OPI and should have been up 7-0. Whether that changes the porous defense in the first half, who knows.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login