Official '24 PSU - USC game thread

Ludd

Oct 12, 2021
Just had to come on the board at nearly 9:00 to take an unprovoked shot at some fellow Penn Staters — and then come back 2 minutes later to do it again because once is not enough. Feel better now?
“Fellow Penn Staters”….thats funny.

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
Because he didn't. I'd say the coaching was pretty even. If we worry more about starting off correctly instead of runway length, then James would have gotten the edge. Though, they did get screwed by that OPI and should have been up 7-0. Whether that changes the porous defense in the first half, who knows.
Can’t just enjoy it and give them any credit, can you?

Reactions: Classof09

Mrdibbs

Oct 12, 2021
There was an old guy with thick glasses who coached some football once upon a time.
After a game like this, he would say something along the lines of "there was enough glory in this game for both teams".
I'm gonna have a bourbon in that old guy's memory tonight.
Great to win this one, really would suck to have lost it.

Reactions: s1uggo72 and A2nit

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
There was an old guy with thick glasses who coached some football once upon a time.
After a game like this, he would say something along the lines of "there was enough glory in this game for both teams".
I'm gonna have a bourbon in that old guy's memory tonight.
Great to win this one, really would suck to have lost it.
Cheers. 🥃 I Already had my bourbon tonight. Enjoy!

CDLionFL

Oct 25, 2021
Can’t just enjoy it and give them any credit, can you?
Sure I can.

The kicker has ice water in his veins.
Allar and Warren have an uncanny connection and Warren is better than Kelce at finding all of the gaps in the zones and getting open.
Despite a couple of really terrible reads, Allar made just about every throw necessary in that 2nd half to complete that comeback. The O-line gave him just enough time so he could checkdown and find Singleton for the equalizer rather than forcing it into endzone coverage.
The defense ruled the 3rd quarter again.

Reactions: Psu00 and LB99

med2659

Jul 23, 2022
Franklin says, “How do you like me now?”
gutsy effort for sure...maybe even a game that kinda gets PSU over that "hump" of say losing these types of games over recent years and getting extra confidence...but i kinda stand by what i said "at the time"...my statement was pretty fair if we're being honest...when variables change (like winning a game like this in this fashion) then my statements going forward can change

leinbacker

Oct 13, 2021
Classy move, Coach. Thank you. Teach your children well.

Is that what he was doing when he said fudging awesome on national TV? Teaching his children? Only he didn’t say fudging

ralphie oh fudge GIF

• Sad
Reactions: BobPSU92

Calabrin

Oct 16, 2022
Julian Fleming:

Played so poorly in the first half, that he absolutely deserved to be benched for the remainder of the game.

All credit to him: he was in for the most crucial snaps at the end of the game and made two clutch catches to convert on 4th and 7, and 4th and 10.

Has to be feeling some good redemption vibes tonight.

Reactions: MaconNitt

CDLionFL

Oct 25, 2021
Julian Fleming:

Played so poorly in the first half, that he absolutely deserved to be benched for the remainder of the game.

All credit to him: he was in for the most crucial snaps at the end of the game and made two clutch catches to convert on 4th and 7, and 4th and 10.

Has to be feeling some good redemption vibes tonight.
If he read this board from the first half, he'd be doing a LB99esque victory lap. At least he'd be justified in doing so. I was frustrated at his lack of production early on but he came up monstrously clutch on those 4th down plays. Without those, we're 5-1.

Reactions: LionJim

PSUQbKeeper

Oct 12, 2021
I wasn't in the chat during the game but am I alone in calling out the USC OT for False Starting half the game?
I've seen a lot of people say it, it looked like some of those NFL games where they allow OT's to do it the whole game, Oher used to do it a lot for the Ravens

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
I wasn't in the chat during the game but am I alone in calling out the USC OT for False Starting half the game?
One of their WRs got away with a hold on the long TD run by the RB at the beginning of the game also. To be fair, PSU got some favorable calls/no calls in the second half.

PSUQbKeeper

Oct 12, 2021
the only two reasons that people were bitching about the non calls in the game were the QB and WR's from USC looking for flags constantly and Gary Daniels

Erial_Lion

Nov 1, 2021
the only two reasons that people were bitching about the non calls in the game were the QB and WR's from USC looking for flags constantly and Gary Daniels
We caught several really good breaks…it’s ok to admit it. The Bushwood of USC would be losing his mind right now talking about the biased officiating and the conference that wanted to see PSU win.

I’ll take it and run (well, maybe walk since we have a week off to rest up).

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login