Official '24 PSU - Wisconsin game thread

Erial_Lion

Nov 1, 2021
The negative for today's game is that we once again looked absolutely dead in the first half.

That is not gonna cut it next week.
I didn’t think we really played that bad in the first half. A few plays hurt us (bad exchange on a snap, fluke 4th down conversion, and a hold), but it’s not like being down 3 on the road in Madison when they had an extra possession was some awful half.

BiochemPSU

Oct 30, 2021
Hats off to QB 2. Saw how that can go wrong at Iowa all those years ago. Nicely called second half game on offense, though the key was the defensive TD. That completely changed the game: deflated Wisconsin and allowed the offense to play with a lead rather than needing to come back.

I don’t know that I love the idea of Beau being the starter next week, but he is willing to put it on the line.

Reactions: LB99

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Donkah was out. I don't recall if he started and got injured, or just sat out. Anyway, Rucci was in for him, and it was the guy that Rucci was blocking that sacked/injured Allar near the end of the 1st half. So 3 starters were out in the 2nd half, with the key one being QB.

For whatever reason, PSU seems to do a nice job of making adjustments, on both sides of the ball, at the half. It drives us (fans) crazy that they can't play like that from the opening whistle, but it is what it is. It's why I don't get too frustrated when things don't go well in the 1st half -- I expect the team will play significantly better in the 2nd half.

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login