Official '24 PSU - Wisconsin game thread

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
Donkah was out. I don't recall if he started and got injured, or just sat out. Anyway, Rucci was in for him, and it was the guy that Rucci was blocking that sacked/injured Allar near the end of the 1st half. So 3 starters were out in the 2nd half, with the key one being QB.

For whatever reason, PSU seems to do a nice job of making adjustments, on both sides of the ball, at the half. It drives us (fans) crazy that they can't play like that from the opening whistle, but it is what it is. It's why I don't get too frustrated when things don't go well in the 1st half -- I expect the team will play significantly better in the 2nd half.
I’m pretty sure Donkah got injured in the first half.

CDLionFL

Oct 25, 2021
The adjustments made across the board were again outstanding tonight. It's frustrating that they can't make them earlier and that they keep stumbling over themselves in the first half of games. But for my continued critiques of Franklin teams having bye week issues and issues getting out of the gates slowly, there's a ton of credit given for everyone staying together and making the right moves to overcome the first half problems.

Reactions: BobPSU92

Thorndike2021

Oct 12, 2021
Very nice win.

Just wore them down to a nub. Not very impressed with Wisky, frankly. Other than that RB they had next to nothing. Their QB was not good.

Good to see this team handle some adversity well. Now, how to beat that semi-pro team with your 2nd string QB and down a DE (a position where there's not a ton of depth)...hmm...

Just outwork them, make some plays, and maybe get a little lucky. I was thinking this would be a pretty even match up before the injuries.

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
Does the last two games make them Franklin finishes on the road?
Yeah, it does. And slow starts matter against good teams with a pulse on offense. I’m happy they won tonight but I think everyone agrees they need to be better early to win next week.

CDLionFL

Oct 25, 2021
I always say, just win and stay healthy. Unfortunately, not both of those happened thus evening
Dennis-Sutton's injury is a rough one if it forces him to miss OSU because he could feast on their porous line. However, Ford (#50) subbed in for him very admirably.

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login