Official '24 PSU - Wisconsin game thread

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
Donkah was out. I don't recall if he started and got injured, or just sat out. Anyway, Rucci was in for him, and it was the guy that Rucci was blocking that sacked/injured Allar near the end of the 1st half. So 3 starters were out in the 2nd half, with the key one being QB.

For whatever reason, PSU seems to do a nice job of making adjustments, on both sides of the ball, at the half. It drives us (fans) crazy that they can't play like that from the opening whistle, but it is what it is. It's why I don't get too frustrated when things don't go well in the 1st half -- I expect the team will play significantly better in the 2nd half.
I’m pretty sure Donkah got injured in the first half.

CDLionFL

Oct 25, 2021
The adjustments made across the board were again outstanding tonight. It's frustrating that they can't make them earlier and that they keep stumbling over themselves in the first half of games. But for my continued critiques of Franklin teams having bye week issues and issues getting out of the gates slowly, there's a ton of credit given for everyone staying together and making the right moves to overcome the first half problems.

Thorndike2021

Oct 12, 2021
Very nice win.

Just wore them down to a nub. Not very impressed with Wisky, frankly. Other than that RB they had next to nothing. Their QB was not good.

Good to see this team handle some adversity well. Now, how to beat that semi-pro team with your 2nd string QB and down a DE (a position where there's not a ton of depth)...hmm...

Just outwork them, make some plays, and maybe get a little lucky. I was thinking this would be a pretty even match up before the injuries.

Reactions: PSUAVLNC

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
Does the last two games make them Franklin finishes on the road?
Yeah, it does. And slow starts matter against good teams with a pulse on offense. I’m happy they won tonight but I think everyone agrees they need to be better early to win next week.

CaliLion79

Oct 8, 2021
Reactions: TiogaLion

Calabrin

Oct 16, 2022
I didn’t think we really played that bad in the first half. A few plays hurt us (bad exchange on a snap, fluke 4th down conversion, and a hold), but it’s not like being down 3 on the road in Madison when they had an extra possession was some awful half.
It’s more about putting 7 total points on the board despite a QB completing almost every pass. Lots of dumb mistakes early.

TiogaLion

Oct 31, 2021
What was the reason the camera's kept showing Drew after most plays and after every good play? After about the 10th time showing him I began to think they were trying to catch him pouting but that seems like a conspiracy theory so I've decided to ask. I personally had no interest watching him on the side line.

Last edited:

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
Yeah, it does. And slow starts matter against good teams with a pulse on offense. I’m happy they won tonight but I think everyone agrees they need to be better early to win next week.
Maybe, but they only gave up 3 points in the second half. They have only allowed 6 points in the third quarter all year. You can’t point out slow starts without acknowledging they have been dominating in the second half.

Nitt1300

Oct 12, 2021
It is amusing to me that a 15 point win on the road in Camp Randall at night after losing the starting QB, DE, and RT still elicits some criticism from some. A sign of our society right now, I guess.
I turned off my computer for the first half and logged in when the third quarter started.

While I wasn't surprised, I was amused that the Nancies couldn't (or wouldn't) see that PSU was going to win going away.

Reactions: Classof09

TiogaLion

Oct 31, 2021
Was #50 the only one on defense who paid attention during tackling drills, if such drills exist?

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021

Franklin says this a week ago and this story goes nowhere. Good on him for recognizing the poor optics and taking it head on. I was picking out some wine at the store before the game and a guy in a Georgia hat saw my PSU gear and we started chatting. He brought up the interview incident and asked what it was about. He had a lot of sympathy given Georgia’s off field issues, but if handled better originally he probably never hears of the players being removed from the team.

Went with Oberon btw.

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
I have a passive-aggressive UWM graduate brother-in-law. I’m in no mood for anything less than a W. No moral victories.
My brother-in-law is presently in Ireland with my wife’s sister. We are in a 6-way text thread with my wife, her two sisters, and the three mutts lucky enough to be married to them. My BIL: “Nice comeback. You must have been worried at halftime.” (Typical Matt.) “No worries at all. I totally called the pick six.”

Reactions: BobPSU92

WVilleLion23

Oct 27, 2022
It is amusing to me that a 15 point win on the road in Camp Randall at night after losing the starting QB, DE, and RT still elicits some criticism from some. A sign of our society right now, I guess.
Yep. With people like WestSideClown

OSU coming off bye week
Playing at home vs a team that got smacked last week
Barely survive
Day great coach

Penn State coming off week
Playing on road at night vs a team that had won 3 in a row
Multiple injuries
Win going away in second half
Franklin horrible coach

Reactions: LB99 and BobPSU92

BobPSU92