Ohowihate game time. Safe to say Fox Big Noon game?

PSUJam

Oct 7, 2021
Was there really a question on this from day one? There's a reason this wasn't our Whiteout guys. It was a Fox Noon from day 1. I'm not sure what the confusion here is?

Reactions: PSUFBFAN and LB99

OhioLion

Oct 12, 2021
Was there really a question on this from day one? There's a reason this wasn't our Whiteout guys. It was a Fox Noon from day 1. I'm not sure what the confusion here is?
Geez. Thanks for the crowbar to the shins. I apologize for interrupting your evening.
🤦🏻‍♂️

PSUJam

Oct 7, 2021
No idea…but I’m sure it’s strongly coordinated to the demographic that watches games at 3:30, and the demographic that watches 7pm games.
I've yet to find anyone our age that likes a Noon kick for these huge games. Look back at the OP. He's hoping for it.

I don't think it's a conspiracy but those FOX Noon ratings may drop considerably as the demographic gets younger during the TV contract.

OhioLion

Oct 12, 2021
I've yet to find anyone our age that likes a Noon kick for these huge games. Look back at the OP. He's hoping for it.

I don't think it's a conspiracy but those FOX Noon ratings may drop considerably as the demographic gets younger during the TV contract.
I should have explained.
I’m attending a game at Grand Valley State University with a 3:00 kick off.
My son and I want to see the Ohowihate game, and obviously, a 3:30 KO would cause conflicts. We’d be watching the Penn State game if it does KO at 3:30.
That’s my reasoning for my desire for a noon kick.
I would much rather this game kicked off at 7:00 under the lights.

Reactions: LB99

Erial_Lion

Nov 1, 2021

I don’t have a strong opinion either way. Advantages of a noon game, and advantages of a late game.

Reactions: PSUJam

Yogiman71

Oct 8, 2021
Yes. Another Fox sabotage at an opportunity to have a huge home field advantage with a night game at the Beav. I really hate the Fox connection with the B1G.
Fox sucks, waking up and drinking coffee to watch a game at 10 am in Colorado. I hate watching college and NFL games on Fox. Premier games like OhowIhate should be night time white outs. Phuc*um !

Reactions: Psu00 and LB99

Corner Room Breakfast

Oct 27, 2021
Penn State plays 7 home games ,they should have say into the starting times of at least 2
but definitely one of those games.

2025 Oregon Night, 2026 USC Night, 2027 Michigan Night, 2028 Ohio St. Night. seems fair to me.

Reactions: Psu00 and psuno1

Erial_Lion

Nov 1, 2021
Penn State plays 7 home games ,they should have say into the starting times of at least 2

2025 Oregon Night, 2026 USC Night, 2027 Michigan Night, 2028 Ohio St. Night. seems fair to me.
Again, I'm sure that this could be negotiated in the next TV contract...and as a result, I'm sure that each school will leave $ on the table in doing so. With a $700 Million stadium renovation on the horizon, I'm sure that PSU ICA wants/needs to maximize revenue as much as possible and would have no interest in such a provision.

psuno1

Oct 16, 2021
Lol…the victim complex is strong
Lol…the victim complex is strong
Big Noon is all about OSU and UM look how many times they have been at those two places, they will go to some other places but mainly C-bus and Ann Arbor, Just ask Urban about the whiteout at night says it worth 7 points and Harbaugh had to take a timeout before the first play of the game at a Whiteout at night. No victim here just the truth- OSU and UM hate playing PSU at night in the whiteout.

Reactions: Nittering Nabob

Erial_Lion

Nov 1, 2021
Big Noon is all about OSU and UM look how many times they have been at those two places, they will go to some other places but mainly C-bus and Ann Arbor, Just ask Urban about the whiteout at night says it worth 7 points and Harbaugh had to take a timeout before the first play of the game at a Whiteout at night. No victim here just the truth- OSU and UM hate playing PSU at night in the whiteout.
Wait, so you're telling me that the network that often has the first choice is often going to cover games of one of the top 2 schools over the last several years? What's next, ESPN spends more weeks of Sunday Night Baseball covering the Yankees/Dodgers than the Marlins/Rockies, or Monday Night Football does more Chiefs games than Browns games? You do realize that these networks are trying to make money, right?

And Urban can say whatever he wants, but a Whiteout certainly isn't worth 7 points.

PSUSignore

Oct 25, 2021

That's what the next 4 years of the Whiteout could be and should be. In reality we'll be lucky to get a Whiteout for one of those games.

PSUJam

Oct 7, 2021
For the record, are you suggesting that broadcast networks don't pre-consult with conference administrators before making time slot decisions?
That's exactly what I'm saying. The networks pay big money to put any game at any slot they want. The fact that Fox wants thier top games at Noon is a product of the network draft.

johnmpsu

Oct 28, 2021
Agree, I would much rather have a night game.
A night game in Nov in Beaver Stadium could be pretty uncomfortable. Better have foot warmers and a great coat and gloves or you may go home without toes. A night game white out can generate enthusiasm but if everyone is frozen it could do the opposite.

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
That's exactly what I'm saying. The networks pay big money to put any game at any slot they want. The fact that Fox wants thier top games at Noon is a product of the network draft.
When does a business give up any power they have when they don’t have to? You do something like this once, you’ll be expected to do so again.

Reactions: PSUJam

Corner Room Breakfast

Oct 27, 2021
I love the White Outs, they seem like another 3 point advantage, but money talks.

I'm trying to remember what start times were in the 60's, & 70's probably 1:00 PM.

PSUJam

Oct 7, 2021
When does a business give up any power they have when they don’t have to? You do something like this once, you’ll be expected to do so again.
Yep. Look at it this way, if we sucked for a couple of years we wouldn't have to play on Fox. Maybe FS1 but not Fox Noon.

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login