OK Boomer..

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
From a Gen Xer I just have to say this Boomer.
1. Thank you for your sacrifice with a war that a lot of you didn’t agree with but got told you had to be a part of. I’m from a generation that did not have to be drafted and am damn grateful we didn’t.
2. Thank you for giving the country a diverse identity. It’s hilarious to me that theyounger generations give you so much **** for being intolerant, but you were literally the generation that showed what deviation can look like.
3.Thank you for Fleetwood Mac’s Chain. And Looking Glass’s Brandy. They may be the most 2 perfect songs ever recorded. Sweet Caroline is in the running.
So to wrap it up, Boomers, YAY!

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
1. Thank you for your sacrifice with a war that a lot of you didn’t agree with but got told you had to be a part of. I’m from a generation that did not have to be drafted and am damn grateful we didn’t.
2. Thank you for giving the country a diverse identity. It’s hilarious to me that theyounger generations give you so much **** for being intolerant, but you were literally the generation that showed what deviation can look like.
3.Thank you for Fleetwood Mac’s Chain. And Looking Glass’s Brandy. They may be the most 2 perfect songs ever recorded. Sweet Caroline is in the running.
So other than that, you hate boomers too?**
And I’m glad to see Brandy get some respect. It’s very under appreciated.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
I TH0T IT WAS SPLET “BRANDEE”
Off the top of my head, Best one trick/gimmick posters on SPS:

1. ClintonInHelen (He would hit it)
2. ThumbsDown (I laugh every time)
3. Lucifer (evil incarnate, but a suprisingly thoughtful commenter)
4. ^^^Bingle, aka ALL CAPS^^^ (just all around awesome)

*First out: Ozarka (not enough posts to be listed in the polls)

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
This ****** list is all that is good with boomers.
Every issue we have in this country is directly related to their actions and inactions. They have zero balls to fix issues in this country. Zero. They are generally terrible leaders.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Every issue we have in this country is directly related to their actions and inactions. They have zero balls to fix issues in this country. Zero. They are generally terrible leaders.
I’m guessing their balls made you and are therefore responsible for these posts. I now hate boomers too. If you are older than boomers, I retract my statement

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
I’m guessing their balls made you and are therefore responsible for these posts. I now hate boomers too. If you are older than boomers, I retract my statement
Hell man, Boomers did make me. I am highly educated, personally motivated, and generally a success in my field. I played sports, I always excelled at school, and generally did what was required of me. Because all of those things, dealing with boomers complaining about the world THEY created just pisses me off.

It is past time for their reign to end and for them to acknowledge their role in every bad damn thing with this country.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Speaking of boomers, how are you guys dealing with aging parents, in-laws, etc that haven’t anything close to what’s needed to comfortably retire? Any of them starting to drop hints about moving into your spare bedroom?

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Hell man, Boomers did make me. I am highly educated, personally motivated, and generally a success in my field. I played sports, I always excelled at school, and generally did what was required of me. Because all of those things, dealing with boomers complaining about the world THEY created just pisses me off.

It is past time for their reign to end and for them to acknowledge their role in every bad damn thing with this country.
The biggest problem with the boomers in general is the complaining with no action, and just the lack of initiative to learn anything new. The other things can be summed up to people being people. But to just sit around and bltch, when many times the solution is within their grasp (like weight and health problems) just grinds my gears.

JackShephard

Sep 27, 2011
Posted this in the other thread, bears repeating here. Generalizations are a sign of ignorance, close-mindedness, and the lack of intelligence needed to debate complex topics. It's been a favorite tool of racists, bigots, fascists, ideologues, etc. throughout history.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Speaking of boomers, how are you guys dealing with aging parents, in-laws, etc that haven’t anything close to what’s needed to comfortably retire? Any of them starting to drop hints about moving into your spare bedroom?
Wife’s grandparents were real close to moving in with us. Thankfully due to power issues we got a two week trial run of living together. Made it real clear that was going to be a bad idea. Told the the wife’s parents, aunts and uncles they need to step-up and be decent humans and take care of their parents, but they are boomers, so…

• Haha
Reactions: mcdawg22

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Posted this in the other thread, bears repeating here. Generalizations are a sign of ignorance, close-mindedness, and the lack of intelligence needed to debate complex topics. It's been a favorite tool of racists, bigots, fascists, ideologues, etc. throughout history.
Mehh...this is typical of people named jack. Y'all are just a bunch of dubmasses.

ETA: The boomers in general have overseen some pretty terrible policies. They basically have consistently voted to screw over future generations. That said, I'm not sure what other generations would have been better. They didn't set up social security or medicare as a quasi-ponzi scheme nor were they the only generation to refuse to address it even though it was obviously going to be a problem at some point.

JackShephard

Sep 27, 2011
My boomer parents are just fine. Worked hard all their life, saved well for retirement, raised two productive children, and are comfortably living out their retirement and having fun.

BingleCocktail

May 25, 2014
Wife’s grandparents were real close to moving in with us. Thankfully due to power issues we got a two week trial run of living together. Made it real clear that was going to be a bad idea. Told the the wife’s parents, aunts and uncles they need to step-up and be decent humans and take care of their parents, but they are boomers, so…
I AINT GOT ENOUGH R00M IN THE DOUBLE WIDE. BRANDEE MOVED IN LAST WEEK**

Reactions: dorndawg

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
That's a hell of a family. I guess if everybody has kids early having grandparents move in and help with kids in exchange for free room and board isn't the worst thing, but otherwise how do you let your kids (or niece or nephew) get burdened with taking care of your parents.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
The biggest problem with the boomers in general is the complaining with no action, and just the lack of initiative to learn anything new. The other things can be summed up to people being people. But to just sit around and bltch, when many times the solution is within their grasp (like weight and health problems) just grinds my gears.
I've heard you bitching about boomers on this board more than I've heard boomers ***** about anything. Here's a recommendation, you do you and quit waiting for boomers to change the world for you.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
That's a hell of a family. I guess if everybody has kids early having grandparents move in and help with kids in exchange for free room and board isn't the worst thing, but otherwise how do you let your kids (or niece or nephew) get burdened with taking care of your parents.
They are a special group.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I've heard you bitching about boomers on this board more than I've heard boomers ***** about anything. Here's a recommendation, you do you and quit waiting for boomers to change the world for you.
Way ahead of you......boomer. Boomers also have a notorious lack of self-awareness.

JackShephard

Sep 27, 2011
They didn't set up social security or medicare as a quasi-ponzi scheme nor were they the only generation to refuse to address it even though it was obviously going to be a problem at some point.
Correct. They paid what they owed into it, and now people are mad that they are using it.

Subsets of the group as a whole voted in the policies you reference, many of them did not support said policies. Kind of exactly how it works today. They had no better ability to control the idiots in DC back then than we do today. A lot of the "problems" blamed on their generation aren't even real problems, or were unforeseen back then. People unsatisfied with their current circumstances need someone to blame, and they're an easy target. Just like their predecessors were easy targets for them, and we will be easy targets for our successors.

Are they perfect? No way. Are there negatives with many of them? Sure. Are other generations really any different? Not a chance.

Reactions: PhredPhantom

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
Oh no, you are confused. Boomers had their chance, and they 17ed it up for the past 30 years. This is what they left us. This country's position in the world and the position of each and every state in the country. They led us to this situation. Total 17ing cluster17 of crap at every turn, in every sector of our lives.

We are not waiting on Boomers to change the world for "US". We are dumbfounded on how bad they 17ed it up and now are standing in the way as we try to correct it.

Just admit it old people, you sucked and continue to suck.

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
Correct. They paid what they owed into it, and now people are mad that they are using it.

Subsets of the group as a whole voted in the policies you reference, many of them did not support said policies. Kind of exactly how it works today. They had no better ability to control the idiots in DC back then than we do today. A lot of the "problems" blamed on their generation aren't even real problems, or were unforeseen back then. People unsatisfied with their current circumstances need someone to blame, and they're an easy target. Just like their predecessors were easy targets for them, and we will be easy targets for our successors.

Are they perfect? No way. Are there negatives with many of them? Sure. Are other generations really any different? Not a chance.
Are you crazy. Boomers have controlled all policy since the late 80s. They could have addressed anything at any time. Instead they 17 up the policies so much that they no longer work correctly. Robbing Peter to pay Paul.

No one is bitching that Boomers are getting social security. They are bitching that in today's arena they are pushing to limit its payout or kill it outright. Both BS.

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022

It's coming. We are working on our mother-in-law suite currently for a single bedroom house detached building on our property for that day that is rapidly approaching. I hope it is my MIL and not my FIL. My FIL has dementia and I don't know if I could put up with that day in and out.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Oh no, you are confused. Boomers had their chance, and they 17ed it up for the past 30 years. This is what they left us. This country's position in the world and the position of each and every state in the country. They led us to this situation. Total 17ing cluster17 of crap at every turn, in every sector of our lives.

We are not waiting on Boomers to change the world for "US". We are dumbfounded on how bad they 17ed it up and now are standing in the way as we try to correct it.

Just admit it old people, you sucked and continue to suck.
You sound like a child some boomers left out of their will and is struggling to make it on your own.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Who is this "we" you are referring to? You and ANTIFA? You and PETA? You and The Rainbow Coalition? You and ELF or ALF?

And the in-laws that may be moving in, I'm assuming they are Boomers that "17ed it up" too? Boy that should be fun for them living with you.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Yeaaaah. I’m Gen X and I’m pretty sure we are the terrible leaders. We, or at least me, just don’t give a 17. I mean look at Congress, we really should have a larger percentage than we do but I think we are smart enough to say yeah you can have that, it doesn’t look like fun to me.

Reactions: DerHntr

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I’m sure the other mods are looking at this thread and thinking, seriously McDuff? Why? We have 3 more weeks of non football so let’s go nuts. It’s SPS Rumspringa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login