Ole Miss football palyer sues school / Kiffen.

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
Man, if you actually read that, Kiffen comes across as a really bad guy.

And this is the type of thing for which we’d be crucified in the press. I have no sympathy. Hope it gets ugly for him.
You think? All I read was that he was having mental health issues before last season, and he claims Kiffin kicked him off the team, but he’s still listed on the roster. There’s no details at all, really.

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
When I was at USM 15 years ago, they offered mental health counseling to students at no cost. I’m sure it wasn’t unlimited, but I always thought that was kinda cool. I’m sure that State and Ole Miss do the same thing.

Reactions: horshack.sixpack

Faustdog

Jun 4, 2007
You think? All I read was that he was having mental health issues before last season, and he claims Kiffin kicked him off the team, but he’s still listed on the roster. There’s no details at all, really.
Yeah, the conversation where he has asked for a mental health break and Kiffen calls him a ***** (p word, since we apparently can’t say that here) isn’t going to go over well.

Maybe he is, and maybe he isn’t, but if you’re Kiffen in 2023 you can’t do that.

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
When I was at USM 15 years ago, they offered mental health counseling to students at no cost. I’m sure it wasn’t unlimited, but I always thought that was kinda cool. I’m sure that State and Ole Miss do the same thing.
I can't speak for the conditions at State, but I know a therapist at Alabama who says they cannot meet the demand from the students. Mental health is just so readily talked about and accepted these days. A lot of students are diagnosed with depression, ADHD, etc, before they get out of high school. Others are dealing with the normal pressures of college and just decide to talk to someone.

Reactions: Dawgg and Fang1

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
The PR nightmare is the alleged conversation between Kiffin and one of his players. No matter what happens with the lawsuit, this is a bad look for Kiffin.

From the ESPN article:
"Ok, you have a f---ing head coach, this is a job, guess what, if I have mental issues and I'm not diminishing them, I can't not see my f---ing boss," Kiffin said, according to the lawsuit and the audio recording. "When you were told again and again the head coach needs to see you, wasn't to make you practice, wasn't to play a position you don't f---ing want to, ok? It was to talk to you and explain to you in the real world, ok? So I don't give a f--- what your mom say, ok, or what you think in the real f---ing world, you show up to work, and then you say, 'Hey, I have mental issues, I can't do anything for two weeks, but if you change my position I won't have mental issues.'

"I guarantee if we f---ing called you in and said you're playing defense, would you have mental issues?"

"I definitely would," Rollins said.

During the audio exchange, Rollins is heard saying, "I mean, you're acting like my issues aren't real."

"I didn't say they're not real," Kiffin responded. "You show up when your head -- when your boss wants to meet with you. It wouldn't have been like this. If you would've come here when you kept getting messages the head coach wants to talk to you, you say 'I'm not ready to talk to him.'"

"I wasn't," Rollins said.

"What f---ing world do you live in?" Kiffin asked.

"I don't see why you have to be disrespectful, honestly," Rollins said.

"Get out of here," Kiffin said. "Go, you're off the team. You're done. See ya. Go. And guess what? We can kick you off the team. So go read your f---ing rights about mental health. We can kick you off the team for not showing up. When the head coach asks to meet with you and you don't show up for weeks, we can remove you from the team.

"It's called being a p---y," Kiffin said. "It's called hiding behind s--- and not showing up to work."

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
The PR nightmare is the alleged conversation between Kiffin and one of his players. No matter what happens with the lawsuit, this is a bad look for Kiffin.

From the ESPN article:
1st off I don’t disagree with kiffen just from this small snippet.

2nd off really dumb move on kiffens part in 2023 victim media world!

WGWFA

Oct 12, 2021
Times change, yes but times are changing to the extreme where people who are dead set on change is good look like dumbasses and whiners.

uptowndawg

Jul 15, 2010
I can't speak for the conditions at State, but I know a therapist at Alabama who says they cannot meet the demand from the students. Mental health is just so readily talked about and accepted these days. A lot of students are diagnosed with depression, ADHD, etc, before they get out of high school. Others are dealing with the normal pressures of college and just decide to talk to someone.
We used to call that puberty.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
This has the potential to turn into a big story. Like CNN talking heads versus Fox News talking heads. I’m not saying whether or not it should be, but this may catch fire.

uptowndawg

Jul 15, 2010
This has the potential to turn into a big story. Like CNN talking heads versus Fox News talking heads. I’m not saying whether or not it should be, but this may catch fire.
Whether it does or it doesn’t don’t make a ****(s word). A few idiots that get too excited over cable news may get excited about it but Mississippi &/or kiffin can absorb this without missing a beat. The kid’s probably a t-wat anyways. And to the kid, toughen up and go get in a bar fight you little b-itch.

Last edited:

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Kiffin’s words should end the NCAA. I don’t know how you can even pretend to defend about “amateurism” if that’s happening at ground level.

Reactions: Dawgg

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Just to add some context with no judgement, apparently the kid has been on the team for 3 years prior to the 2023 season. One of 5 HS players remaining from Kiffins 2020 class.

Has been a DT his whole career with very little playing time. Sounds like maybe they were moving him to offense for his RS Junior year?

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Man, if you actually read that, Kiffen comes across as a really bad guy.

And this is the type of thing for which we’d be crucified in the press. I have no sympathy. Hope it gets ugly for him.
Ole Miss has a few friends in the media world. Otherwise, their name would be a huge problem considering you can't even say Master Bedroom.

Reactions: STATEgrad04

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
I prefer the way gen X was raised. You’re sad? No one cares. You’re angry? No one cares. Deal with that **** on your own.

Half serious, half joking. I do believe we need a little more “toughen up, buttercup”, but at the same time if someone comes to you complaining of issues like this you can’t just call them a feline.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Yeah, the conversation where he has asked for a mental health break and Kiffen calls him a ***** (p word, since we apparently can’t say that here) isn’t going to go over well.

Maybe he is, and maybe he isn’t, but if you’re Kiffen in 2023 you can’t do that.
Exactly.

Mental health is becoming a “monkey see, monkey do” type thing. At this point, I’m starting to believe most of these kids are full of crap.
jeff bridges opinion GIF

In all seriousness, let’s take your statement at face value.

“If most of the kids are full of crap” then that means you’re admitting that there are kids who need help.

And you’re actually making the case in favor of the football player here

I expect Ole Miss and Kiffin to settle.

And Kiffin will have to curb his mouth about this subject in the future.

Reactions: Dawgg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login