Olympics Opening Ceremonies

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
It was like watching the Macy's Thanksgiving parade...only they never stfu so I could hear the les miserable meets heavy metal.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
And not even artistically, just absurdly. Nice to see they’re grooming a kid, too. WTF.
Do you really think that 'grooming' applies to a kid just participating production alongside people in drag?...cuz that's all we know from the picture.

That term is largely meaningless at this point, since it was used so broadly and frequently for a few years.
It seems like many people looked around thru that time at various points and were like 'Wait, THIS is now considered grooming? Well thats absurd.'

patdog

May 28, 2007
Do you really think that 'grooming' applies to a kid just participating production alongside people in drag?...cuz that's all we know from the picture.

That term is largely meaningless at this point, since it was used so broadly and frequently for a few years.
It seems like many people looked around thru that time at various points and were like 'Wait, THIS is now considered grooming? Well thats absurd.'
Absolutely I do. They’re normalizing the abnormal and grooming the children.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007

Spill some beer on your keyboard. Please.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Absolutely I do. They’re normalizing the abnormal and grooming the children.
This entire thing is abnormal. Nobody walks around in Paris being followed by a bunch of men with pink furry circles that they connect into hearts and other shapes.
Nothing is normal in any of this.

But to be serious- grooming requires an end goal of sexual abuse. There is 0 evidence of that, based on the picture that was commented on.
Again, the term is used far too casually.
A kid being around people in drag is not grooming...it's performance acting.

Reactions: dawgoneyall

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
View attachment 616466
Drag Queens mocking the L

This entire thing is abnormal. Nobody walks around in Paris being followed by a bunch of men with pink furry circles that they connect into hearts and other shapes.

But to be serious- grooming requires an end goal of sexual abuse. There is 0 evidence of that, based on the picture that was commented on.
You have to be the dumbest person alive.

Or, one hell of a troll.

Last edited:

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
Mike Tirico just casually mentioned that the ecoli levels in the Seine are too high and that if events were scheduled for today,they would have to be postponed. I'm sure the Olympians are just thrilled to have to compete in that cesspool of bacteria.
I don’t understand how they’re going to have it at a safe level in 4 days. Unless they lie and say it’s safe.

Reactions: patdog

Jack Klompus.sixpack

Mar 6, 2021

1722039943824.gif

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
You have to be the dumbest person alive.

Or, one hell of a troll.
Oh look- dancing bellhops. That's super abnormal, so let's all be happy a child wasn't near them, or else it'd be another example of grooming!

Call me dumb, but at least tell me what I said that is incorrect. Is grooming not what I said it is? Am I missing evidence of grooming in the picture of performers...performing?

What's really sad is this was ever even mentioned in the first place. The need for some to try and insert their cultural outrage into the opening ceremonies is sad.
It's the opening ceremonies- it's all a hot mess of confusion and performance art that sucks. Just appreciate it for the terrible experience that it is and stop thinking about kids in a sexual manner.

Hey look- a beheaded Marie and Les Mis music that transitioned into metal.
Yup, 17ing randomness.

Jack Klompus.sixpack

Mar 6, 2021
Oh look- dancing bellhops. That's super abnormal, so let's all be happy a child wasn't near them, or else it'd be another example of grooming!

Call me dumb, but at least tell me what I said that is incorrect. Is grooming not what I said it is? Am I missing evidence of grooming in the picture of performers...performing?

What's really sad is this was ever even mentioned in the first place. The need for some to try and insert their cultural outrage into the opening ceremonies is sad.
It's the opening ceremonies- it's all a hot mess of confusion and performance art that sucks. Just appreciate it for the terrible experience that it is and stop thinking about kids in a sexual manner.

Hey look- a beheaded Marie and Les Mis music that transitioned into metal.
Yup, 17ing randomness.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
View attachment 616466
Drag Queens mocking the Last Supper
Drag Queens have no problems mocking Christianity. What's gonna happen to them when they do? They'll get celebrated just like this with a major part in the opening ceremony of the Olympic Games. Christians really can't do and won't do much about it. We can complain and say they'd never do that with Islam but little good that does.

Last edited:

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022

I just spent two weeks in Paris without seeing any drag queens. They aren't a major draw to that city

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

dgsmith15

Nov 10, 2008
Fun Friday fact about the heavy metal band. The band's name is Gojira which is a reference to Godzilla. The lead singer and drummer are brothers. I'm not big in heavy metal but they are one band I like. They've been around for a few years.
Yes. They are very good.

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
I was hoping there would be a "game thread" on this. I'm honestly trying to keep an open mind here but I'm not quite getting it as yet. We all over the place so far.
Come on guys, don't get this thing shut down and bring your best smart azz comments versus some serious "offense" to something.
Who had Peyton and Kelly Clarkson doing color on this? One of the first things I wasn't getting.

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005

Performance acting …..

yeah that’s it.

Season 4 Ok GIF by The Office

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I was hoping there would be a "game thread" on this. I'm honestly trying to keep an open mind here but I'm not quite getting it as yet. We all over the place so far.
Come on guys, don't get this thing shut down and bring your best smart azz comments versus some serious "offense" to something.
Who had Peyton and Kelly Clarkson doing color on this? One of the first things I wasn't getting.
Da17 was the art film book tearing segment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login