Olympics Opening Ceremonies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
I don't ever recall being excited about the opening or closing ceremony. I'm ready for some swimming, track and field, the awesomeness of women's beach volleyball and maybe a couple of other sports.

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
We got a thread about bacon locked.then we got a thread about a professional wrestler locked. Can we please not get one about the Olympics opening ceremony locked?
I haven't been around as long as most, is the bacon thread lock a new high/low? Got a kick out of that.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
I haven't been around as long as most, is the bacon thread lock a new high/low? Got a kick out of that.
A thread on bacon got locked??? WTF? . Was it after I announced, quite bravely, that bacon was merely o.k. and nothing special. Forgive me for I have sinned.

Reactions: MSUDOG24

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Ooh...I knew you were the alter
Reese Witherspoon Fire GIF by HULU

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
I'm curious to see if our men's soccer team is any good. If you watched that last match there was nothing really impressive about the team but you might have seen our next men's national team coach, Thierry Henry.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
A thread on bacon got locked??? WTF? . Was it after I announced, quite bravely, that bacon was merely o.k. and nothing special. Forgive me for I have sinned.
No, although I still think you should be drawn and quartered for such heresy. Completely separate thread about bacon costing too much. You can see how such a taboo subject would lead to controversy

Reactions: Podgy

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
In your opinion, at what age should we start exposing our kids to drag queens? Is there an age that is too young?
Can't say I've ever thought of it.
Context matters though.

If the child isn't sexually objectified or exploited, and the performance isn't inappropriate, so it's really just a child that is participating in a performance that also included drag queens...I couldn't care less what age the child is.

If it's a sexualized performance, then a kid probably shouldn't be involved.

I saw a 30 second clip of the actual performance in question and they are all just posing.
It's distasteful. It's odd. It isn't something I think was beneficial to have. But based on the clip I saw and the image posted in this thread, there is no evidence that the child is being prepared for sexual exploitation.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I'm curious to see if our men's soccer team is any good. If you watched that last match there was nothing really impressive about the team but you might have seen our next men's national team coach, Thierry Henry.
Short answer. They're not.

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

patdog

May 28, 2007
I don't ever recall being excited about the opening or closing ceremony. I'm ready for some swimming, track and field, the awesomeness of women's beach volleyball and maybe a couple of other sports.
I can't imagine being bored enough to watch an Olympics opening or closing ceremony.

Reactions: Anon1704414204

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
I guess I didn’t realize how “French” this would all be. Coming in on boats? Super lame. Drag queens mocking Christianity? Oooh, how edgy.

Literally the only good part was LeBron (who I’m not a fan of), waving Old Glory like he’s 17ing George Washington crossing the Delaware.

Irondawg

Dec 2, 2007
I can't imagine being bored enough to watch an Olympics opening or closing ceremony.
Well you just missed the social commentary that there are 200+ statues of men in the city and only about 45 of women so you are missing out.

All I’ve learned while watching against my will is that I would totally fail a geography test since about 1 out of 7 countries I’ve never heard of

Reactions: MSUDOG24 and patdog

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Do your kids enjoy these performances? I wouldn’t take my kids to see real women in lingerie “performance acting.”

This is one of your better troll jobs.
My kids are sitting here complaining about the lady gaga song, being confused about what the book tearing segment was about, and pausing the broadcast to guess how many athletes are from each country as the countries are introduced.

I wouldn't take them to watch drag or women in lingerie.
I also don't view the people below as wearing lingerie.

Further, if scantily dressed women is a concern, shield your kid's eyes from most all track athletes, swimmers, divers, and volleyball players.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I had left it on the tv this afternoon and my girls who are 11 came and told me what was going on so I went back and watched. It’s just over the top crap that was meant to raise eyebrows and judging by this thread it did. It was totally unnecessary but they knew what they were doing.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
It beats the hell out of the openly threatening militaristic crap China did. The athletes are obviously having a ball. That's what it should be about you know. I'm watching a recording now, I haven't seen the drag Queen stuff yet.

Reactions: dorndawg

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
It beats the hell out of the openly threatening militaristic crap China did. The athletes are obviously having a ball. That's what it should be about you know.
Chinas militaristic parade was more offensive than reinacting the last supper with transvestities ? Just trying to understand your post.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
They aren't.

Reactions: patdog

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Would you let your kids go up on stage and do that performance with drag queens?
I saw 30 seconds of it and there were standing still and posing.
I wouldn't want my kids to participate because the topic of the performance was odd and distasteful.

Now answer my question that you replied to but ignored- what were the performers doing, if not acting? You criticized me calling it that, so what should it be called?
All those people are acting.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Chinas militaristic parade was more offensive than reinacting the last supper with transvestities ? Just trying to understand your post.
I just told you, you jerk, I haven't seen that yet. I edited to say that I haven't seen that yet. Perhaps you didn't see the edit and aren't being your usual self. Still, the whole damn thing in China was an announcement that they were going to militarily threaten the entire world. It was absolutely the equivalent of Hitler's Mein Kampf. So yeah, it was a hell of a lot more threatening than a few FRENCH transvestites when you get down to it. What exactly scares you about French Transvestites? .

Last edited:

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
I'll admit I wasn't brave enough to come out of the closet and have your back on that take with this bunch but stop dumping that shlt on every menu offering there is. With my scrambled eggs and on a BLT only! Gets me more PO'd than someone lying about their golf handicap** (speaking of locked threads)

Reactions: Podgy

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
I just told you, you jerk, I haven't seen that yet. I edited to say that I haven't seen that yet. Perhaps you didn't see the edit and aren't being your usual self. Still, the whole damn thing in China was an announcement that they were going to militarily threaten the entire world. It was absolutely the equivalent of Hitler's Mein Kampf. So yeah, it was a hell of a lot more threatening than a few FRENCH transvestites when you get down to it. What exactly scares you about French Transvestites? .
Why are you melting down ? I asked if it was your opinion that a militaristic Chinese parade was more offensive than reinacting the last supper with transvestites, so I take that as a yes.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I saw 30 seconds of it and there were standing still and posing.
I wouldn't want my kids to participate because the topic of the performance was odd and distasteful.

Now answer my question that you replied to but ignored- what were the performers doing, if not acting? You criticized me calling it that, so what should it be called?
All those people are acting.
It’s men acting like oversexualized women. If you want to call that performance art then be my guest.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Oh, and the fact that China has followed up by doing exactly that makes it even more threatining.

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
Well you just missed the social commentary that there are 200+ statues of men in the city and only about 45 of women so you are missing out.

All I’ve learned while watching against my will is that I would totally fail a geography test since about 1 out of 7 countries I’ve never heard of
While I'd like to think I'm fairly worldly I've been doing a lot of Googling tonight.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Why are you melting down ? I asked if it was your opinion that a militaristic Chinese parade was more offensive than reinacting the last supper with transvestites, so I take that as a yes.
Still haven't seen it. French transvestites don't scare me. Why do they scare you? Now a militaristic China scares the hell out of me. For the record if that's what the transvestites did then yes, it is really, really offensive. As a life long Christian it is extremely offensive. I grew up in an era though, where being offended was not that big of a deal, you shrugged it off and got on with the real world. Just words. China's obvious threats, backed up with real world sticks and stones.....that is another matter entirely.

Status
Not open for further replies.