Olympics Opening Ceremonies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
No one is mentioning the bisexual menage a trois. I guess all menage a trois are bisexual though. Even Tirico hinted of it in the intro.1000003217.jpg

Reactions: Anon1704414204

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
Why? They have always voted against that. They could have been just that long ago if they had wanted it.
Puerto Rico voted FOR statehood in 2012, 2017, and 2020. All 3 were ignored by Congress for reasons we all know.

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
Has anyone ever been to a concert, a play, an opera, a ballet or a movie and have a football game breakout in the middle of it?

We need to stop putting arts in our sporting events. These people are obviously different and generally have no clue about sports.

This is a sporting event.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Puerto Rico voted FOR statehood in 2012, 2017, and 2020. All 3 were ignored by Congress for reasons we all know.
I stand corrected. I wasn't aware of that. Yeah, not hard to figure out why. I need to look up what the Congressional vote needs to be for it to be accepted.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
2020 is the only one truly ignored. The other two were ignored because of the poor wording of the referendum.
So 2020 was the only one ignored. So it was continued to be ignored for the next two years? If so it obviously takes more than a majority vote in Congress to accept it. I need to look up what it takes. If they want statehood they should get it. I wouldn't like what it would do in the Senate, but if they want it, they should get it.

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
Well you just missed the social commentary that there are 200+ statues of men in the city and only about 45 of women so you are missing out.

All I’ve learned while watching against my will is that I would totally fail a geography test since about 1 out of 7 countries I’ve never heard of
Put this one in the Google machine as well ..... Tuvalu

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
We should end our colonial experiment with Puerto Rico and grant it independence so it can flourish like those other Caribbean countries.

Reactions: WilCoDawg

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
What is the over-under for locked threads on here? I'll take the over between now and November.
If it stays civil, I like it. Now that being said when politics got banned on a board I was once a part of, I started one, moderating was a job. Trying to keep it civil killed it. It's a fine line to walk. I wasn't trying to make any money from it. I don't envy those that are trying to.

Last edited:

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
I just went with "it's artsy". How bout the can can dancers that looked like 68 year old me out there with tight hamstrings?
Who didn't know this was coming?
Yeah they were not the Rockettes. My wife even said some of them aren't even kicking!

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Has anyone ever been to a concert, a play, an opera, a ballet or a movie and have a football game breakout in the middle of it?

We need to stop putting arts in our sporting events. These people are obviously different and generally have no clue about sports.

The opening ceremony has never been a sporting event.

Reactions: mstateglfr

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021

Just play along, we've got sports of all sorts starting tomorrow and will be a glorious 2 weeks. Over production has become a tradition no matter the event.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
It's been that way for a long time. There are several similar examples.

Well, NBC seems to be doing that. I was talking about HERE.
Well I noticed Manning didn't say a word about the drag show mocking the last supper, my problem is the air time. They gave that way more time than anything else. Sickening.

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
Well I noticed Manning didn't say a word about the drag show mocking the last supper, my problem is the air time. They gave that way more time than anything else. Sickening.
But how bout that sharp commentary all night from Kelly Clarkson? **
I'll ask again, did anybody see why those 2 are doing the "color"? Trust that's the end of it.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
But how bout that sharp commentary all night from Kelly Clarkson? **
I'll ask again, did anybody see why those 2 are doing the "color"? Trust that's the end of it.
I generally don't mind Kelly, but kind of sounded not prepared for the moment or give much insight. I think they just picked people that people generally like or generally popular in US. Snoop, Kelly, Manning are generally liked by most Americans. Trying get/keep viewers.

Reactions: MSUDOG24

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
Serious question: why does everyone here care so much? I thought the fashion show stuff was a little weird. Much like fashion shows in general. I shrugged my shoulders at it and enjoyed the athletes enjoying themselves. I also laughed at how some teams got yachts and some got pontoon boats. Overall I enjoyed it. I really don’t understand why so many people seem to enjoy being angry and offended about EVERYTHING. As a great man once said:

1722049414228.gif

40mikemike

Sep 29, 2022
Do you really think that 'grooming' applies to a kid just participating production alongside people in drag?...cuz that's all we know from the picture.

That term is largely meaningless at this point, since it was used so broadly and frequently for a few years.
It seems like many people looked around thru that time at various points and were like 'Wait, THIS is now considered grooming? Well thats absurd.'
Yes, you dumb 17. That is absolutely grooming. You can’t actually be as stupid and you pretend to be on this forum.

Irondawg

Dec 2, 2007
Rough night for Kelly - my wife, who is a fan, just commented that she added nothing to the broadcast.

I know he dominated the French Open, but really odd to have Rafa carry the torch.

I was hoping Zidane was going to headbut the masked fencer to take the torch back

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Serious question: why does everyone here care so much? I thought the fashion show stuff was a little weird. Much like fashion shows in general. I shrugged my shoulders at it and enjoyed the athletes enjoying themselves. I also laughed at how some teams got yachts and some got pontoon boats. Overall I enjoyed it. I really don’t understand why so many people seem to enjoy being angry and offended about EVERYTHING. As a great man once said:

View attachment 616598
I would imagine most on this board or a good portion come from Christian background that don't really appreciate sacrilegious stuff. I don't care for some the family guy stuff for a very similar reason.
Also a lot of people on this board don't care for the trans movement/agenda being pushed especially while mocking the last supper.

Status
Not open for further replies.