OM Needs to fire Kiffin for burning those Timeouts

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
That was a tough watch. Congratulations Dawgs.

They tried to cheat us though. That weird play how do they even try to call it an inadvertant whistle do over? Even if the whistle stops the play after the incomplete pass, it should still be a play.

Then on Dillion's dive, even if he is short of the goal how is the ball still placed on the one yard line? The reveiw should have put it 6 inches from the goal line. The one angle from the endzone showed he hit the pylon in the air.

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
I don't think it was indisputably a TD, but I do think the ball should have been placed within an inch or 2 of the goal line.

And I still cannot believe they gave us the ball on that lateral. When did the inadvertent whistle blow? If it was before the recovery by MSU, then it should have stayed UM's ball. But it would have been 2nd and 15, not 1st and 10.

Reactions: mstateglfr

muddawgs

Aug 22, 2012
DJ’s dive to the pylon was 100% a TD. It was indisputable from 3 different angles. Every person in the tv booth agreed.
Well, when they started reviewing it, I said they won't call this a TD, because Ole Miss fans were already throwing things on the field. The ref was like they are at the 1 inch line, so there's no way they 17 that up and the fans will not get mad at us...

Reactions: ThreeDawgNight

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
I don't think it was indisputably a TD, but I do think the ball should have been placed within an inch or 2 of the goal line.

And I still cannot believe they gave us the ball on that lateral. When did the inadvertent whistle blow? If it was before the recovery by MSU, then it should have stayed UM's ball. But it would have been 2nd and 15, not 1st and 10.
Then will woulda fumbled into the end zone further; touchback; shorter field and more time left on the clock

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
DJ’s dive to the pylon was 100% a TD. It was indisputable from 3 different angles. Every person in the tv booth agreed.
If it was called a TD it would have stood. That ref was the same one who said the pass was a forward pass, blew the Wissel and the same one who called the Rogers fumble that was obviously not a fumble.

Reactions: onewoof

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
Ah, sweet victory! Lane can be beaten by mmiiLeach and his staff. We need to have care that Cohen doesn’t do a Scott Strickland and get Jimmy Rane to pay Some of our folks.

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
He dove in the air and the point of the ball knocked the pylon off it's base. By definition, that's a touchdown.
I don't think it was clear whether the ball hit the ground before touching the pylon. Since they called him OOBs, I can see them not reversing.

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007

They explained that on air about the continuation of the play still counts as long as it continues being active even if there is an inadvertant whistle

Reactions: drumrcraig

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022

They tried to cheat us though. That weird play how do they even try to call it an inadvertant whistle do over? Even if the whistle stops the play after the incomplete pass, it should still be a play.

Then on Dillion's dive, even if he is short of the goal how is the ball still placed on the one yard line? The reveiw should have put it 6 inches from the goal line. The one angle from the endzone showed he hit the pylon in the air.

Great point Bruce about the TOs! Even if they don't convert they can kick off or onside kick with 3 TOs left. We would play conservative and a 3 and out would only take 10-15 seconds off the clock. After a punt they would only need 40-50 yards to set up a game winning FG. Obviously if they converted same situation would be in play. Burning the TOs was more irresponsible than not kicking the FG but Ole Miss fans heap praise on this coaching guru.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I wanted it to be one and said right away that the pylon was knocked over.
Replay showed a chance that his left elbow was down out of bounds before the ball touched the pylon. Couldn't tell one way or the other due to camera angle and shadows.

I hoped for a TD, but expected it to be placed within a couple inches of the endzone. That placement was atrocious, especially after they reviewed if he scored or not so they could see where he went out.

Reactions: RocketDawg

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
I wanted it to be one and said right away that the pylon was knocked over.
Replay showed a chance that his left elbow was down out of bounds before the ball touched the pylon. Couldn't tell one way or the other due to camera angle and shadows.

I hoped for a TD, but expected it to be placed within a couple inches of the endzone. That placement was atrocious, especially after they reviewed if he scored or not so they could see where he went out.
Still it was a terrible play by 2 on the ensuing play that almost cost us the game.
Go up 30-16 or 31-16 or even 27-16 at that point and it’s academic.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016

Yep

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007

Dillion scored. Even the TV referee expert said it was a touchdown the only one who didn't agree with that was the jerk off on the field and Birmingham. There was an unimpeded view of the pylon being tiipped by the ball in more than one camera shot.

If we've been wearing crimson, it would be a touchdown.

Puppychow

Nov 5, 2014
Looked like the pylon was tipped by the defender. Still, the ball should’ve been spotted at the 6 inch line. What ever happened to the QB sneak? Forget handing the ball off 5 yards deep. You have four chances to sneak it in from the one. That should be a sure TD.

Reactions: Anon1665155225

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
They explained that on air about the continuation of the play still counts as long as it continues being active even if there is an inadvertant whistle
So the Memphis punt return last year was the right call?

An inadvertent whistle stops the play. If there is an immediate fumble recovery by the defense after a play was improperly blown dead then the defense can get the ball. I don't think that fumble recovery was immediate, but I'm also not sure when the whistle blew.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login