Opinion - hire Novak and not waste $$ on a search or an inflated salary...

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
He hired a baseball coach that won us our first national championship, he hired a coach that got our volleyball team ranked and in the NCAA Tournament for the first time ever. He hired a soccer coach who has got our program on the rise and beat Ole Miss back to back for the first time since the 1990s. He hired a football coach who is a two time national coach of the year. His hires aren’t as bad as some of y’all make them out to be.

Last edited:

DAWGS1.sixpack

Feb 15, 2007
Well the fan base has already shown they will come out in droves to support a winning, fun and enthusiastic womens basketball team and coach. Hell I went to 3 home games and one road game in Nashville and I hadn’t been to a womens game since the mid 80’s
Go get the best coach available!
We can be a consistent Top 10 womens bball program again.

Irondawg

Dec 2, 2007
If we look competitive the rest of the way with Farley and Kohl as your post players then I’d hire him in a heartbeat.

Hell I’d just ask Myah what she thinks - she’s been through Vic, Nikki and Novak - she’s seen the top and the bottom. If she told me he was the real deal that’s about all I’d need to hear.

As mentioned if we think we have a good coach and he had a recruiting plan then why pay an inflated salary to try and hire away someone that may or may not be a culture fit. If I’m 2 years Doug isn’t working out you can go spend the money then. It’s not like we are certain to return a roster that should go to the NCAA anyway

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login