OT: Another storm gonna whack FL

CDLionFL

Oct 25, 2021
I have a old girlfriend I still stay in touch with, former Kentucky cheerleader whom I probably should have married... anyway, she is in final stages of a terrible divorce and their second home is in Sarasota. The ex husband is currently set to get that home in divorce. However, divorce was scheduled to be finalized 10/16. That's a bad beat.
Safe to say you wrecked that chick?

MtNittany

Oct 12, 2021
Been a dead quiet, no wind, no rain morning in Juno Beach. I guess that will change at some point.

MtNittany

Oct 12, 2021
New tornado warning west of Jupiter Farms near the Bee Line Highway (ironically making a bee line for Indiantown). One on the ground in Indian River Co. They keep coming. Don't remember seeing this many tornadoes in front of a storm.

Last edited:

Bwifan

Oct 12, 2021
Future radar seems like Bradenton/Sarasota takes the eyewall at landfall. Outside chance Milton pushes the eye right up Tampa Bay which would be devastating. My money is on Bradenton taking the hit.

Reactions: LionJim and PSU87

MtNittany

Oct 12, 2021
Future radar seems like Bradenton/Sarasota takes the eyewall at landfall. Outside chance Milton pushes the eye right up Tampa Bay which would be devastating. My money is on Bradenton taking the hit.
It needs to slow down. The forward speed will determine landfall.

MtNittany

Oct 12, 2021
Lots of discussion on storm2k about the forward speed screwing up the landfall location prediction
If it does make the turn, I think it will be a big one - pushing the east coast exit point south to nearly outside their cone - like Indian River County maybe?....and bringing Lake O more into play.

Another warning for Tradition in Port St. Lousy just issued. 2 tornado touchdowns in Martin County near I-95.

Bwifan

Oct 12, 2021
Lots of discussion on storm2k about the forward speed screwing up the landfall location prediction
Definitely picking up speed.... lots of future radar shows the eye landfall now around 7pm maybe 8pm. Will be interesting to watch.

Reactions: PSU87

MtNittany

Oct 12, 2021
Definitely picking up speed.... lots of future radar shows the eye landfall now around 7pm maybe 8pm. Will be interesting to watch.
An actual good Met on local WPB station (Vanessa Vinent) is concerned about the tornado bands down in Big Cypress heading right to eastern PB, Broward, Martin, etc. counties.

BTW. Vanessa is not only smart (older picture).

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: PSU87 and BobPSU92

Bwifan

Oct 12, 2021
1000011528.jpg
Bradenton/Sarasota looking more and more like where the eye will make landfall maybe right up the Tampa Bay

ThePennsyOracle

Oct 6, 2021
This is unbelievable--I am just a casual weather follower, but I don't ever remember seeing this many tornado warnings.

Stay safe everyone--I know I'm a dick, but my thoughts/prayers are with you.

Reactions: LionJim

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
The American Sign interpreters you are seeing at these briefings (or remotely), are first-rate, just saying. It was my job to teach higher mathematics using that language, the best gig ever.

Reactions: bbrown and A2nit

PSU87

Oct 12, 2021
If it does make the turn, I think it will be a big one - pushing the east coast exit point south to nearly outside their cone - like Indian River County maybe?....and bringing Lake O more into play.

Another warning for Tradition in Port St. Lousy just issued. 2 tornado touchdowns in Martin County near I-95.
After running south of the forecast track for hours, he is now north of it. Tampa mets starting to fear the turn is coming too late

Reactions: Bwifan

PSU87

Oct 12, 2021
I still think Sarasota or Siesta.
He's 23.3 miles NNE of the forecast line, so the turn is going to have to be sharper to get him there.
I think Bradenton/Anna Maria, not that it's a huge difference from Sarasota

Reactions: Bwifan

CDLionFL

Oct 25, 2021
I'm wondering if the forecast holds of it moving more east once it makes landfall versus the NE track it's riding right now. If it continued NE when it hits land, it might give me a little of the eye in Orlando or even put us on the south side of the storm. As it is right now at 6pm, the rain hasn't been as bad here as it has in many other places.

PSU87

Oct 12, 2021
Just got my first Tornado here....waterspout came onshore about a mile and a half from me

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login