OT: Bucket List Concerts

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
I was lucky enough to get mine last weekend. I got to see 3 of my top five favorite acts in one night... Not a festival either. Got nearly 5 hours of Turnpike Troubadours, Cody Jinks, and Trampled by Turtles... It was glorious.

If you could put 3 active acts together, who would it be?

Last edited:

3-2 Dawg

Jun 6, 2023
That’s a fantastic list - have only seen Trampled by Turtles live and they were awesome. Would probably go Shovels and Rope, Fleet Foxes, String Cheese Incident in an outdoor amphitheater

leeinator

Feb 24, 2014
I wish Dennis DeYoung, Tommy Shaw, and James Young could drop all hostilities and get back together for one last big tour to finish their era. Then Styx would certainly be inducted into the Rock Music Hall of Fame. They should be there. And I would be there for at least one of their tour dates.

Then I would without a doubt bring back Led Zepplin for a huge tour. They were the one band ahead of their time if there ever was one. The only hold out before was Robert Plant. Reportedly, he turned down a 100 million guarantee to rejoin the band for a big tour, so this probably won't happen.

And saving the best for last. I have heard rumblings that Rush may be considering finding a replacement for legendary drummer Neil Peart and putting together a huge tour. I would probably mortgage my house to get tickets for this one. Peart, Geddy Lee, and Alex Lifeson, IMO, were the 3 greatest individual musicians to ever pick up their respective instruments and play together.

One can only hope Jack!!

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Pearl Jam. I have seen just about everyone else that I would call a bucket list band for me but I’ve never seen Pearl Jam. The Black Keys would probably be on there as well.

Reactions: Seinfeld

patdog

May 28, 2007
I wish Dennis DeYoung, Tommy Shaw, and James Young could drop all hostilities and get back together for one last big tour to finish their era. Then Styx would certainly be inducted into the Rock Music Hall of Fame. They should be there. And I would be there for at least one of their tour dates.

Then I would without a doubt bring back Led Zepplin for a huge tour. They were the one band ahead of their time if there ever was one. The only hold out before was Robert Plant. Reportedly, he turned down a 100 million guarantee to rejoin the band for a big tour, so this probably won't happen.

And saving the best for last. I have heard rumblings that Rush may be considering finding a replacement for legendary drummer Neil Peart and putting together a huge tour. I would probably mortgage my house to get tickets for this one. Peart, Geddy Lee, and Alex Lifeson, IMO, were the 3 greatest individual musicians to ever pick up their respective instruments and play together.

One can only hope Jack!!
Pretty sure Alex put an end to the Rush speculation several weeks ago. They might play a one-off or two like they did at the Taylor Hawkins tribute. But they won't tour.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Dream concert? First two are easy, The Beatles, and Led Zeppelin. The third pick would be tough. Rush would certainly be in the conversation. Eric Clapton either solo or with Cream. Stevie Ray Vaughan. The original lineup of Lynard Skynard. The third choice would be tough.

Reactions: Ranchdawg

patdog

May 28, 2007
A few I’ve checked off my bucket list the last 5-6 years: Garbage, Blue Oyster Cult, Tears For Fears, Duran Duran. Nile Rogers opened for Duran Duran & he was great. May have checked two off the list that night.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Pearl Jam. I have seen just about everyone else that I would call a bucket list band for me but I’ve never seen Pearl Jam. The Black Keys would probably be on there as well.
They're pretty high up there for me too. It's depressing to think about how many of the early 90s grunge bands that we'll never have a chance to hear live again. Soundgarden, STP, Nirvana, Aline in Chains...

Also, thanks for being one of the first to name a band I've heard of. At times, I think some posters on here run a random band name generator and then throw the results out here just to see who bites

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
They're pretty high up there for me too. It's depressing to think about how many of the early 90s grunge bands that we'll never have a chance to hear live again. Soundgarden, STP, Nirvana, Aline in Chains...

Also, thanks for being one of the first to name a band I've heard of. At times, I think some posters on here run a random band name generator and then throw the results out here just to see who bites
Alice in Chains still tours.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Eagles, Stones and U2.
Better hurry on the Eagles. Theyre about to hang it up. My parents have seen them about a dozen times in the last 15 years and they saw them about a month ago in St Louis and said they looked tired and worn out.

cowboydawg

Dec 23, 2009
I was lucky enough to get mine last weekend. I got to see 3 of my top five favorite acts in one night... Not a festival either. Got nearly 5 hours of Turnpike Troubadours, Cody Jinks, and Trampled by Turtles... It was glorious.

I have seen Cody Jinks probably half a dozen times and he never disappoints. Definitely one of my favorites. Will see the Turnpike Troubadours and Zach Bryan this Summer. One of the best was Shane Smith and the Saints at a very small venue (Growlers in Memphis). That was hard to beat. And our group felt out of place because we were twice the age as everybody else there, but Koe Wetzel puts on an awesome concert.

Reactions: PooPopsBaldHead

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Unpopular opinion but the Eagles suck. As does U2. Stones are ok.
Thanks for letting us know. We will add you to the list.
The Office Ryan GIF

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021

Luckily I've seen most of the bands I've wanted to see at some point in time but there's a couple I always seemed to have missed. For me it's AC/DC and Ozzy. Probably never get to see Ozzy due to his health but AC/DC will tour Europe this summer so there's hope that might extend over to a US tour. I sure hope so. And eventhough I've seen them numerous times I would like to see Steve Perry reunite with Journey but that's not going to happen. Led Zep would be a pipe dream.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
I caution you that if you are going to go see a band that’s well past it’s prime, don’t expect the show to be what it once was cracked up to be. I’ve seen a couple performers in the last few years that were about 15 or more years past their prime. I still had visions of the clips I had seen of their old concerts in my head. The performances I saw did not resemble those clips. I guess they were still enjoyable, but I had overhyped them in my head.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
I’ve been strongly considering seeing Pearl Jam with Glen Hansard this summer but haven’t pulled the trigger on it yet.

I’ve also kind of sort of pondered going to Ireland to see Springsteen perform but I think not.

I’ve been fortunate to see a few bucket list shows over the years: The Santa Clara Fare Thee Well shows in ‘15, a few Ryman concerts, and Willie’s Outlaw Festival gigs were all very solid— the two times I saw Willie last year were the best one-day events of 2023.

A friend was a co-worker of Andrew Wood and I don’t know if she considers it her bucket list show but the fact that she saw the Temple of the Dog mini-tour several years ago was amazing.

bully12

Sep 2, 2012
Eagles, Stones and U2.
This!!

Who ARE these people/groups? Are they garage bands that just busted out of BFE somehow? Or maybe backup singers for Wayne Newton?? To quote Donald Sutherland (aka the General) from "The Dirty Dozen": "Nope, never heard of 'em."

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Disappointed that Taylor swift isn't number 1.

Guys. We found the Girl dad.

Who ARE these people/groups? Are they garage bands that just busted out of BFE somehow? Or maybe backup singers for Wayne Newton?? To quote Donald Sutherland (aka the General) from "The Dirty Dozen": "Nope, never heard of 'em."

Turnpike has long been on my to-see list.

Cody Jinks is an awesome live country performer. I’ve seen him several times.

Trampled By Turtles is a progressive bluegrass / folk band.

Finally saw them for the first time last year at one of Willie’s Outlaw shows (great lineup by the way: Willie, Robert Plant & Alison Krauss, Trampled by Turtles, Molly Tuttle & Golden Highway (the top young bluegrass band — not named Billy Strings — out there that deservedly won the past two Bluegrass Album Grammies), and Willie’s grandson Micah).

Best show I saw last year.

hdogg

Nov 21, 2014
I can see my musical tastes do not align with those on here.

Evanescnece
AC/DC
Metallica or GNR
You had your chance to see metallica, acdc gnr last year at powertrip in cal. Along with maiden and priest and tool.

I've seen most of my heroes, including those 3. I regret missing ozzy when he came to jackson in the 90s.
I guess Scorpions are the one I haven't seen but as IBleedMaroonDawg said... way past their prime.

Reactions: BulldogBlitz
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login