Colin hay in Australia
Cheap trick in Japan
U2 in Ireland
The police but only pre 85.

No tay tay.

Reactions: cytubb

drexeldog23

Dec 2, 2022
They're pretty high up there for me too. It's depressing to think about how many of the early 90s grunge bands that we'll never have a chance to hear live again. Soundgarden, STP, Nirvana, Aline in Chains...

Also, thanks for being one of the first to name a band I've heard of. At times, I think some posters on here run a random band name generator and then throw the results out here just to see who bites
without a doubt... "i just really have to see the Flaming Farts before i die"... wtfe

InTheIttaBenaHotSun

Jan 9, 2016
My 3 were Built To Spill, Foo Fighters & U2.

I've seen BTS twice (NOLA & ATL). Saw FF last summer in BHM. All 3 were great shows.

My updated list is My Morning Jacket, Neil Young w/Crazy Horse & U2.

Young's playing Huntsville May 5th and ATL May 7th but a work outage has me busy till the 15th. Hope to catch him, later in the month, in Bridgeport or Chicago.

MMJ will play Capital Groove and Bourbon & Beyond this year but I'd rather see them on tour than at a festival.

17itdawg

Sep 30, 2022
Guys. We found the Girl dad.

Turnpike has long been on my to-see list.

Cody Jinks is an awesome live country performer. I’ve seen him several times.

Trampled By Turtles is a progressive bluegrass / folk band.

Finally saw them for the first time last year at one of Willie’s Outlaw shows (great lineup by the way: Willie, Robert Plant & Alison Krauss, Trampled by Turtles, Molly Tuttle & Golden Highway (the top young bluegrass band — not named Billy Strings — out there that deservedly won the past two Bluegrass Album Grammies), and Willie’s grandson Micah).

Best show I saw last year.
Turnpike is on my list to see too.

Trampled by Turtles is my least favorite progressive bluegrass band. They're solid. I can understand why people like them, but they do nothing for me. Ha.

Molly Tuttle and the Golden Highway are on 17ing fire. They're awesome! I've seen them a couple times this past year. Kyle Tuttle, their banjo player, no relation to Molly was in Jeff Austin's band before Jeff passed away.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
Caught Tool in Biloxi the end of January. Been wanting to see them for 25 years. Did not disappoint. Fantastic show. First concert was the Rush Signals tour in Jackson in '82. Saw Boston in '95 in Pensacola. VH in Jackson. David Lee Roth in Biloxi in the late 80's. Journey in Biloxi in '87. Bon Jovi in Biloxi in '87.

Bucket list shows would be the Stones and Peter Gabriel

• Wow
Reactions: BulldogBlitz

Bobby Ricigliano

Jul 27, 2011
Caught Tool in Biloxi the end of January. Been wanting to see them for 25 years. Did not disappoint. Fantastic show. First concert was the Rush Signals tour in Jackson in '82. Saw Boston in '95 in Pensacola. VH in Jackson. David Lee Roth in Biloxi in the late 80's. Journey in Biloxi in '87. Bon Jovi in Biloxi in '87.

Bucket list shows would be the Stones and Peter Gabriel
Stones on tour starting end of next momth.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Turnpike is on my list to see too.

Trampled by Turtles is my least favorite progressive bluegrass band. They're solid. I can understand why people like them, but they do nothing for me. Ha.

Molly Tuttle and the Golden Highway are on 17ing fire. They're awesome! I've seen them a couple times this past year. Kyle Tuttle, their banjo player, no relation to Molly was in Jeff Austin's band before Jeff passed away.
I’d like to see Trampled by Turtles do a full non-festival set.

I thought their set was decent.

I’ll be seeing Molly Tuttle & Golden Highway next month and look forward to a full set from them— 45 minutes was just too brief.

Last year was the first time I’ve seen the band perform live.

I’ve seen Molly perform a couple times before. She opened for and played with OCMS in Hattiesburg in ‘21 and was in Bela Fleck’s My Bluegrass Heart show at the Ryman in ‘22.

Kyle is great. I saw him open a bluegrass fest Memorial Day weekend in southern Illinois in ‘21.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
The last great Rock concert I went to see was KISS in Tupelo back in the 90s

Travis Tritt and Brooks and Dunn in the 90s too at Tupelo

I haven't been back to one since

*I did have a chance to meet some good country stars at work occasionally.

Reactions: Air Raid 2.0

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Never got to see BB or Ray Charles. Need to see Tyler Childers. Going see Turnpike Troubadours and Jason Isbell. Pretty much saw all the 70s rock greats other than the Cars.

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Eagles, Stones and U2.
I saw the Eagles and Steely Dan in NOLA in February. Helluva show.

Henley and Walsh are 76 (!) but can still get it done. They sounded great. Henley played drums almost the whole 2.5 hours they played, and they really featured Walsh's stuff, playing all his James Gang stuff and his staple Life's Been Good.

hdogg

Nov 21, 2014
The last great Rock concert I went to see was KISS in Tupelo back in the 90s

Travis Tritt and Brooks and Dunn in the 90s too at Tupelo

I haven't been back to one since

*I did have a chance to meet some good country stars at work occasionally.

I was w you!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240317_194314_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240317_194314_Gallery.jpg
    789.6 KB · Views: 2

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
This!!

Who ARE these people/groups? Are they garage bands that just busted out of BFE somehow? Or maybe backup singers for Wayne Newton?? To quote Donald Sutherland (aka the General) from "The Dirty Dozen": "Nope, never heard of 'em."
They're probably 40 years to young for you to have heard of them... They're all in their 40's.

Mjoelner

Sep 2, 2006
Johnny Cash, Hendrix, Pink Floyd

Zepplin would make the list but I've seen Page and Plant so I'm crossing that one off. CCR would make the list but I've seen Fogerty so I'm crossing that one off. Was able to catch Eagles, Stones, GnR, Buffet, John Prine, Bad Co, Skynard (2nd iteration) and a couple of others so my list is pretty complete for me but not getting to see Johnny Cash still haunts me.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012

Henley and Walsh are 76 (!) but can still get it done. They sounded great. Henley played drums almost the whole 2.5 hours they played, and they really featured Walsh's stuff, playing all his James Gang stuff and his staple Life's Been Good.
I bet they were good. I saw Steely Dan a few years ago in Orange Beach. I doubt I will see the 3 I mentioned as I'm pretty lazy these days. Could be old age.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Johnny Cash, Hendrix, Pink Floyd

Zepplin would make the list but I've seen Page and Plant so I'm crossing that one off. CCR would make the list but I've seen Fogerty so I'm crossing that one off. Was able to catch Eagles, Stones, GnR, Buffet, John Prine, Bad Co, Skynard (2nd iteration) and a couple of others so my list is pretty complete for me but not getting to see Johnny Cash still haunts me.
Concert tickets are too damn expensive now. Anyway I remember seeing Kansas as the first concert I attended for $7.50.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Concert tickets are too damn expensive now. Anyway I remember seeing Kansas as the first concert I attended for $7.50.
Kansas was my first as well. Probably about the same ticket price. They were a really good live band. Also saw them open for Styx in 1998 when Dennis deYoung had briefly rejoined Styx. That was a good 70s era rock show.

Reactions: MaxwellSmart

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Kansas was my first as well. Probably about the same ticket price. They were a really good live band. Also saw them open for Styx in 1998 when Dennis deYoung had briefly rejoined Styx. That was a good 70s era rock show.
I saw them four times with other acts, and they were great. Their great musicianship surprised me.

Reactions: patdog

Pookieray

Oct 14, 2012
I wish Dennis DeYoung, Tommy Shaw, and James Young could drop all hostilities and get back together for one last big tour to finish their era. Then Styx would certainly be inducted into the Rock Music Hall of Fame. They should be there. And I would be there for at least one of their tour dates.

Then I would without a doubt bring back Led Zepplin for a huge tour. They were the one band ahead of their time if there ever was one. The only hold out before was Robert Plant. Reportedly, he turned down a 100 million guarantee to rejoin the band for a big tour, so this probably won't happen.

And saving the best for last. I have heard rumblings that Rush may be considering finding a replacement for legendary drummer Neil Peart and putting together a huge tour. I would probably mortgage my house to get tickets for this one. Peart, Geddy Lee, and Alex Lifeson, IMO, were the 3 greatest individual musicians to ever pick up their respective instruments and play together.

One can only hope Jack!!
I'm with you on Rush! I like Styx but I'm just not a huge fan of Led Zepplin. But Rush, heck yeah.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I'm with you on Rush! I like Styx but I'm just not a huge fan of Led Zepplin. But Rush, heck yeah.
Another Rush tour is never going to happen. And really, Geddy’s voice is shot. Clockwork Angels was a great album & a great way to go out on a high note.

Reactions: KentuckyDawg13

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
I once saw Barry Manilow in concert. And yes I'm still married to the same woman. It was actually not bad. Dude has a ton of hits and the high price of beer didn't keep me from stopping at 5 especially since I had a designated driver.

Reactions: MSUDOG24

patdog

May 28, 2007
R.E.M. , Molly Hatchet, Grand Funk Railroad
Molly Hatchet without Danny Joe Brown is a cover band. I don't see Mark Farner and Dan Brewer ever reconciling. I'd go see Farner live, but have no interest in GFR without him.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Molly Hatchet without Danny Joe Brown is a cover band. I don't see Mark Farner and Dan Brewer ever reconciling. I'd go see Farner live, but have no interest in GFR without him.

Molly Hatchet , I looked it up and all the original members of the band are deceased, formed in 1971. Getting old

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
They are all cover bands at this point. I mean ZZ Top and Lynyrd Skynyrd are playing at Landers this coming weekend. But not really.

I have seen those bands in their prime and this ain't that.

Pookieray

Oct 14, 2012
I was meant the orginal lineup, but yeah. No kidding on the GFR reunion, what happened was real crappy thing to do to a bandmate.

Reactions: patdog

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
The Tool tickets were a little over $800 for myself and my wife. It was one hell of a production, though. Perfect sound. And they were ON that night. Here's what you get.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005

My parents saw them in St Louis last month. He said that Steely Dan didn’t play Peg or FM in their set list.

Car Ramrod.sixpack

Sep 21, 2017
Sturgill Simpson with Tyler Childers. I had tickets to their show in Southaven but covid killed that show and I don't think that will ever happen again.

If I could go back in time Ray Charles would be at the top of my list.

Reactions: Crazy Cotton

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Not a big U2 fan but saw them in concert and they were great.
The Joshua Tree was released when I was an undergrad at State so I’ve followed them casually for years.

U2 is a great arena act and I’m a bit jealous of my older friends who got to see them perform in smaller venues. Their 2016 show at the Superdome was amazing.

They also grate on people for many reasons: One being because of their extreme earnestness.

A lot of Americans think the earnestness is political. And it can be perceived that way since everything eventually is.

Quite a few folks also think the earnestness is religious… it makes sense since a lot of their lyrics go into faith but at the same time they keep religion at a distance.

Also, since they’re a success story and come from Ireland, the Irish love to pick at them too— it’s an Irish thing.

When they retire and/or die, they’ll be honored like many of the other great musicians from Ireland and the Dublin with a statue or statues.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Sturgill Simpson with Tyler Childers. I had tickets to their show in Southaven but covid killed that show and I don't think that will ever happen again.
I had a GA pit ticket to that show.

It was my last chance to get up close to see both of them perform.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login