OT: Covid - Well, I got my 2nd booster today for a total of four covid injections. If I'm not protected now, I'm never going to be. LOL!

Freddie.B.Cocky

Joined Jul 19, 2002
Jan 21, 2022
Plus, my wife and I both tested positive for Covid this past December 28th. So, in a way that is the equivalent of five vaccines. I'm ripping the band-aid off at this point. Well, actually I've already have ripped off the band-aid.

vacock

Joined Oct 26, 1998 ā€¢ Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 20, 2022
Did it start with a sore throat?

Last edited:

Harvard Gamecock

Jan 20, 2022
So class what have we learnedā€¦..
What everyone has been telling us.
Depending on the vaccine it is initially 90-95 effective, but diminishes over time. It has never been touted as 100%
The point that continues to become lost (and usually by choice) is that the shot is a VACINE and not a IMMUNIZATION.
If you wish to self educate yourself it would be advisable to research the difference.

Fowlmoodin99

Joined Oct 28, 1998
Jan 20, 2022
Plus, my wife and I both tested positive for Covid this past December 28th. So, in a way that is the equivalent of five vaccines. I'm ripping the band-aid off at this point. Well, actually I've already have ripped off the band-aid.
Got mine yesterday. It's been part of our family to protect our immunocompressed maternal mother/wife.....and it's worked!!!!

TopHook

Jan 18, 2022
You're never going to be. They will keep telling you to get the next booster and you'll do it. Lol

Last edited:
Reactions: York cock

Harvard Gamecock

Jan 20, 2022
Perhaps by knowledgeable people, but politicians is a different story.

ā€œYou're not going to get COVID if you have these vaccinations,ā€ Biden stated bluntly at the time.
I'm speaking of only in medical terms.
If you wish to avoid any and all unnecessary, pointless and unwindable debates it would be wise to avoid what one POTUS said over the other on this issue. They both were stating things that were politically beneficial to their backers.

Pepsicock

Joined May 12, 2006
Jan 17, 2022
According to CDC liars I already had Covid and don't need a 2nd booster. I already gotten all 3

Reactions: Patriot321
Feb 2, 2022
Don't really understand why so many people are dead set against the vaccine. It doesn't cost anything. I got mine and it didn't even hurt, barely felt it at all.
That's an easy one to answer for the bulk of those that didn't.

There is still no final full FDA APPROVAL of any of the shots, only an EUA has been issued (Emergency Use Approval). Also, aware of patients being advised to not take it by their doctor.

Within the past month, I had a friend test positive after getting the fourth shot (second booster). It was rough, but they stayed off the ventilator and recovered.

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
I'm speaking of only in medical terms.
If you wish to avoid any and all unnecessary, pointless and unwindable debates it would be wise to avoid what one POTUS said over the other on this issue. They both were stating things that were politically beneficial to their backers.

Agreed. But then statements should probably be qualified, because it was sold as 100% quite publicly by some.

funktavious

Joined Mar 20, 2002
Jan 31, 2022
That's an easy one to answer for the bulk of those that didn't.

There is still no final full FDA APPROVAL of any of the shots, only an EUA has been issued (Emergency Use Approval). Also, aware of patients being advised to not take it by their doctor.

Within the past month, I had a friend test positive after getting the fourth shot (second booster). It was rough, but they stayed off the ventilator and recovered.
My dad actually got it after he was vaccinated. I had it TWICE before I got vaccinated so I guess I didn't qualify for natural immunity. LOL. I know I haven't had it since I was vaccinated. It doesn't cost anything to take it and I'm sure you put worse in your system every time you go through a McDonald's drive-thru.

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky

IOPGCock

Jan 30, 2022
Had covid twice. First time wasnā€™t sick very long, but was completely wiped out for 2 weeks, I mean going to the kitchen was exhausting. Second time I felt way worse in terms of being sick but it only lasted 2 days. Canā€™t wait to see what happens the next time I get it.

IOPGCock

Jan 30, 2022
My dad actually got it after he was vaccinated. I had it TWICE before I got vaccinated so I guess I didn't qualify for natural immunity. LOL. I know I haven't had it since I was vaccinated. It doesn't cost anything to take it and I'm sure you put worse in your system every time you go through a McDonald's drive-thru.
Letā€™s not disparage the McDonalds drive-thru please. Sometimes youā€™re hungover after a football Saturday and Chick-Fil-A is closed.

Harvard Gamecock

Jan 20, 2022
Because itā€™s all A hoax

Reactions: Lucas Jackson

Garnetspur

Joined Jan 1, 2004
Jan 22, 2022
You're never going to be. They will keep telling you to get the next booster and you'll do it. Lol
You'll notice some young people are having trouble with blood clots. I'm talking about those in their 20's. Some young guys are having enlarged hearts. So you have to be careful. What's good for some is not good for others.

Reactions: TopHook

gamecock stock

Jan 21, 2022
I also tested positive in January. Scheduled to get my 2nd booster tomorrow.

gamecock stock

Jan 21, 2022
I will add one other thing to my above post. When I got covid, it was, what I consider, a mild case. I had a running nose, sinus drainage that caused a tickle in my throat and resulting cough. And, I was somewhat tired. I never had a fever and my oxygen level always was in the high 90s. I had this condition for about one week, leaving the next day after being well, for a road trip to Cincinnati. The State Department of Health and Environmental Control in Columbia, to my surprise, called me a day before my trip, asking how I was doing. I told them I was doing well. They asked if I had been vaccinated. And I told them I had been including a booster. They asked me if I had been hospitalized. I said "NO". They then said that I avoided being hospitalized because I had been vaccinated and boosted. I don't know how true that is. BUT, this is what I do KNOW. I have a friend who was not vaccinated. He got covid in December and was hospitalized for 11 days. He needed help to walk into the hospital and to walk around after admission. And he needed oxygen. And, months later, he still is not back to his pre-covid health. When I recently went to my general practitioner, I asked him if all his other patients had been vaccinated. He said NO, some have opted not to. He then looks me in the eye and says, "I can fix a lot of things, medically. But, I can't fix stupid". Those were HIS words, not MINE. You guys do what you want or don't want. Good Luck. God Bless you all.

York cock

Jan 21, 2022
What everyone has been telling us.
Depending on the vaccine it is initially 90-95 effective, but diminishes over time. It has never been touted as 100%
The point that continues to become lost (and usually by choice) is that the shot is a VACINE and not a IMMUNIZATION.
If you wish to self educate yourself it would be advisable to research the difference.
Vaccine

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login