OT: Covid - Well, I got my 2nd booster today for a total of four covid injections. If I'm not protected now, I'm never going to be. LOL!

RAtheOLcoach

Jan 20, 2022
Not surprised at your reaction. Actually it reiterates what I believe. I know what you believe so i pride myself on being the exact opposite

RAtheOLcoach

Jan 20, 2022
I will add one other thing to my above post. When I got covid, it was, what I consider, a mild case. I had a running nose, sinus drainage that caused a tickle in my throat and resulting cough. And, I was somewhat tired. I never had a fever and my oxygen level always was in the high 90s. I had this condition for about one week, leaving the next day after being well, for a road trip to Cincinnati. The State Department of Health and Environmental Control in Columbia, to my surprise, called me a day before my trip, asking how I was doing. I told them I was doing well. They asked if I had been vaccinated. And I told them I had been including a booster. They asked me if I had been hospitalized. I said "NO". They then said that I avoided being hospitalized because I had been vaccinated and boosted. I don't know how true that is. BUT, this is what I do KNOW. I have a friend who was not vaccinated. He got covid in December and was hospitalized for 11 days. He needed help to walk into the hospital and to walk around after admission. And he needed oxygen. And, months later, he still is not back to his pre-covid health. When I recently went to my general practitioner, I asked him if all his other patients had been vaccinated. He said NO, some have opted not to. He then looks me in the eye and says, "I can fix a lot of things, medically. But, I can't fix stupid". Those were HIS words, not MINE. You guys do what you want or don't want. Good Luck. God Bless you all.
My wife and I got it in September. We were both fine. Like the flu, over in a few days. No jabs.
just lots of liquids, vitamins, and rest. We refused to sleep on our backs if we had congestion and we drank a ton of liquid IV and body armour.
By the way. My wife has MS

RAtheOLcoach

Jan 20, 2022
I will add one other thing to my above post. When I got covid, it was, what I consider, a mild case. I had a running nose, sinus drainage that caused a tickle in my throat and resulting cough. And, I was somewhat tired. I never had a fever and my oxygen level always was in the high 90s. I had this condition for about one week, leaving the next day after being well, for a road trip to Cincinnati. The State Department of Health and Environmental Control in Columbia, to my surprise, called me a day before my trip, asking how I was doing. I told them I was doing well. They asked if I had been vaccinated. And I told them I had been including a booster. They asked me if I had been hospitalized. I said "NO". They then said that I avoided being hospitalized because I had been vaccinated and boosted. I don't know how true that is. BUT, this is what I do KNOW. I have a friend who was not vaccinated. He got covid in December and was hospitalized for 11 days. He needed help to walk into the hospital and to walk around after admission. And he needed oxygen. And, months later, he still is not back to his pre-covid health. When I recently went to my general practitioner, I asked him if all his other patients had been vaccinated. He said NO, some have opted not to. He then looks me in the eye and says, "I can fix a lot of things, medically. But, I can't fix stupid". Those were HIS words, not MINE. You guys do what you want or don't want. Good Luck. God Bless you all.
And doctors don’t fix anything medically. They cover up symptoms with synthetic drugs.

Reactions: Game...Cocks

Sparklecity

Jan 20, 2022
I got the first 2 shots because I didn't want to catch it and give it to my mother. Unfortunately she was in the hospital when I got my 2nd and passed ( not from China virus) and I haven't gotten any boosters and don't plan too. If I had known she was going to die I wouldn't have gotten the first 2. I'm not so sure the vaccine didn't help her out the door.

gamecock stock

Jan 21, 2022
As I said above, people need to decide what's best for their own bodies and go from there. I know, to the extent that is humanely possible, what is best for mine. I don't begrudge people who decide not to be vaccinated and such people should not begrudge me for being vaccinated.

Atlanta Cock

Jan 18, 2022
Don't really understand why so many people are dead set against the vaccine. It doesn't cost anything. I got mine and it didn't even hurt, barely felt it at all.
Because it doesn’t work as advertised and some experts now connect it to Myocarditis. My problem isn’t with the shot (it’s not a vax); it’s the fact that in the US people have lost their jobs for refusing to get it - including pregnant women, military personnel and others with medical conditions, over a virus that had a 99% survival rate before the shot was introduced. That’s incredible to me. Govt is out of control.

Last edited:

Tngamecock

Jan 22, 2022
Don't really understand why so many people are dead set against the vaccine. It doesn't cost anything. I got mine and it didn't even hurt, barely felt it at all.
I got blood clots in the lungs after my 2nd dose. Coincidence……possibly. Not a coincidence….possibly. But you message board docs have at it. The political lies coupled with the medical convenient hiding of data should give everyone pause to make your own decisions. This thread will continue but i know what I believe so you guys can keep the debate going. I am out.

Prestonite

Feb 1, 2022
I don't need data. All I need to do is compare my personal experience from getting covid to the experience of an unvaccinated friend who got it. Consequently, I am eagerly getting my 2nd booster today.
Your choice - but don't force your choice on others. I am not opposed to anyone who wants a vaccine from getting it. Agree that it is a personal choice.

gamecock stock

Jan 21, 2022
Your choice - but don't force your choice on others. I am not opposed to anyone who wants a vaccine from getting it. Agree that it is a personal choice.
Yeah, that's what I said above, today and yesterday. Take the course of action you want, on vaccinations. (Of course now on other things, like stop signs and red lights...... obey the law.).

RAtheOLcoach

Jan 20, 2022
I got blood clots in the lungs after my 2nd dose. Coincidence……possibly. Not a coincidence….possibly. But you message board docs have at it. The political lies coupled with the medical convenient hiding of data should give everyone pause to make your own decisions. This thread will continue but i know what I believe so you guys can keep the debate going. I am out.
My grandma died of a stroke caused by a blood clot then brain bleed days after receiving second shot

TheRoo

Joined Nov 3, 2021
Feb 6, 2022
At this point, the current vaccines are probably at best a mental prophylactic. Possibly someday they will update the booster so it actually has some degree of efficacy against the variants in circulation today.

Tngamecock

Jan 22, 2022
My grandma died of a stroke caused by a blood clot then brain bleed days after receiving second shot
Sorry to hear that. I know three people personally with blood clots after the vaccine. They, including myself, never got covid until after the vaccine and after the blood clots. I know 10 times more people who got covid months after their 2nd shot. So i will use my personal data. I will never take a booster. Prayers to your family for the loss of your grandmother.

RAtheOLcoach

Jan 20, 2022
Sorry to hear that. I know three people personally with blood clots after the vaccine. They, including myself, never got covid until after the vaccine and after the blood clots. I know 10 times more people who got covid months after their 2nd shot. So i will use my personal data. I will never take a booster. Prayers to your family for the loss of your grandmother.
Thank you. I know she wouldn’t have chosen to take it. But at the time she was in the nursing home because of being a fall risk and she had no choice.
My wife and I have chosen not to take it or give it to our kiddos and so far so good. Covid has become an after thought for us. It’s like the cold or flu and it doesn’t scare me. I know there are folks who have struggled with it, but by and large those folks overwhelmingly had other issues pre covid.
We do know a lady who got covid and the shots. Now she has a very rare blood disorder that can become cancer of the blood of not corrected. Her doc believes covid caused it. Idk if he can prove that or not. But this “virus” isn’t what we think it is.

gamecock stock

Jan 21, 2022
Plus, my wife and I both tested positive for Covid this past December 28th. So, in a way that is the equivalent of five vaccines. I'm ripping the band-aid off at this point. Well, actually I've already have ripped off the band-aid.
Freddie, I ended up getting my 2nd booster on Tuesday, rather than Sunday. When I went Sunday, to my local Walgreens, they were out of the vaccine because of the enormous demand for it. I heard the same thing happened at my local Publix grocery store.

• Wow
Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky

Prestonite

Feb 1, 2022
It's fine if one prefers not to receive a vaccine (or any treatment). But I'm sure that most people see this as a completely erroneous statement and instantly dismiss it.
Loved my doctor of 35 yrs but he retired.:( Trusted him completely. Too many people telling him how to practice medicine (insurance companies, hospitals, pharmacists, gov't, etc.). If allowed to practice without interference, most doctors are stellar at doing what is best for the patient.

Dirtpecker

Joined Mar 27, 2012
Jan 20, 2022
I was made to get the flu shot/mist every year when I was active duty. Never got the flu but got sick numerous years, just mild sickness. Ever since I got out, never got the flu and never had the shot. So there’s that
Pretty much the same. I was at the doctor around 10 years ago for a routine visit and he asked if I had gotten the flu shot yet. He said I can give it to you while here. The one and only time I took the flu shot, and the one and only time I got the flu.

RAtheOLcoach

Jan 20, 2022
It's fine if one prefers not to receive a vaccine (or any treatment). But I'm sure that most people see this as a completely erroneous statement and instantly dismiss it.
Tell me what exactly a doctor does to heal someone? If I come in with diabetes, a doctor prescribes insulin. That doesn’t heal me. It covers up the fact that my body isn’t functioning the way it is designed. Now there is a reason behind that, but you can’t fix my body with medicine. I can’t magically go off that insulin a while later. Only diet and exercise will change that. Doctors do not heal.

Reactions: York cock

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
Tell me what exactly a doctor does to heal someone? If I come in with diabetes, a doctor prescribes insulin. That doesn’t heal me. It covers up the fact that my body isn’t functioning the way it is designed. Now there is a reason behind that, but you can’t fix my body with medicine. I can’t magically go off that insulin a while later. Only diet and exercise will change that. Doctors do not heal.

I'd be willing to go so far as to say that doctors often "just" treat the symptoms.

Reactions: York cock

Carolina Doc

Joined Aug 16, 2019
Jan 25, 2022
Partner, this post is even worse than your first one. You'd best cut your losses and bail.

Reactions: gamecock stock

vacock

Joined Oct 26, 1998 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 20, 2022
See these Intermittent Fasting Video YouTubers for information about diabetes. It can be reversed in some people.
Dr. Sten Ekberg
Dr Jason Fung
Dr Boz (Annette Bosworth, MD)

vacock

Joined Oct 26, 1998 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 20, 2022
For the overweight people here.

Freddie.B.Cocky

Joined Jul 19, 2002
Jan 21, 2022
Freddie, I ended up getting my 2nd booster on Tuesday, rather than Sunday. When I went Sunday, to my local Walgreens, they were out of the vaccine because of the enormous demand for it. I heard the same thing happened at my local Publix grocery store.
WOW! I didn't know it was in such short supply.

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login