OT: Favorite Wrestler

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
Ok so the Devil has a white trash indulgence known as professional wrassling. I just love it. So I am curious as to the packs favorite wrestlers.
My top 5 Greatest:
1. Flair
2. Stone Cold
3. Bruno
4. Shawn Michaels
5. Hogan
Others I loved. Sandman, CM Punk, the Rock, Terry Funk, Raven, Scott Hall, New Jack, Eddie, and Nick Gage.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Have you watched a lot of Bruno Sammartino matches?

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
in no particular order

Sting
Undertaker
Ultimate Warrior
Roman Reigns
Bray Wyatt

honorable mention: R-Truth. Just because I love that guy

Reactions: Lucifer Morningstar

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
Ha. Sgt slaughter since I just made a bunch of stuff for him to sell at convention appearances.

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
Ok so the Devil has a white trash indulgence known as professional wrassling. I just love it. So I am curious as to the packs favorite wrestlers.
My top 5 Greatest:
1. Flair
2. Stone Cold
3. Bruno
4. Shawn Michaels
5. Hogan
Others I loved. Sandman, CM Punk, the Rock, Terry Funk, Raven, Scott Hall, New Jack, Eddie, and Nick Gage.
Hacksaw Jim Duggan

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Obviously you are mostly still wet behind the ears.

JYD
Hacksaw Jim Duggan
Doctor Death Steve Williams
Road Warriors
Sgt Slaughter
Kamala (the wrestler, not our next POTUS)
Fabulous Freebirds
The Von Eric who came out to Tom Sawyer
Mr. Wonderful Paul Orndorff
Leaping Lanny (from JC Panny as the kids would chant)
Rock and Roll Express

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
Obviously you are mostly still wet behind the ears.

JYD
Hacksaw Jim Duggan
Doctor Death Steve Williams
Road Warriors
Sgt Slaughter
Kamala (the wrestler, not our next POTUS)
Fabulous Freebirds
The Von Eric who came out to Tom Sawyer
Mr. Wonderful Paul Orndorff
Leaping Lanny (from JC Panny as the kids would chant)
Rock and Roll Express
That is for sure an old school list. Great list, but very old school.

Reactions: Villagedawg

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
To be fair I have not other than like documentaries on him. I just know if you do not include him on a greatest list people go nuts.
I get it. I think it’s largely because they kept the belt on him for like 8 years and he was the torch bearer for the company that would eventually become WWE, which is basically synonymous with wrestling for the public at large. If you go back and watch some of those old matches and promos on YouTube and Peacock, he was alright, but there were better talents (like Freddie Blassie), plus wrestling has progressed so much, it’s hard to say he’s top 5. I understand why you’d put him in the list though.

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
Ultimate Warrior
Demolition
Steiner Bros
Jake the Snake
Sting
Hart Foundation
Steamboat

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
I get it. I think it’s largely because they kept the belt on him for like 8 years and he was the torch bearer for the company that would eventually become WWE, which is basically synonymous with wrestling for the public at large. If you go back and watch some of those old matches and promos on YouTube and Peacock, he was alright, but there were better talents (like Freddie Blassie), plus wrestling has progressed so much, it’s hard to say he’s top 5. I understand why you’d put him in the list though.
My two personal faves are Stone Cold and the Sandman. Now I also love hearing Vince Russo and Jim Cornette argue about all things wrestling. My all time favorite documentary is the Dark Side of the Ring about New Jack.

Reactions: Dawgg

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
My all time favorite top 5 in no order:
Scott Hall
Roddy Piper
Macho Man Randy Savage
Stone Cold Steve Austin
Jerry Lawler
Hon. Mention: The Rock, Shawn Michaels, Kevin Nash, Jake the Snake, Ricky Steamboat, Triple H

All time top 5 women wrestlers:
Lita
Trish Stratus
Chyna
Wendi Richter
Sensational Sherri

My current top 5 (men):
Cody Rhodes
LA Knight
Roman Reigns
Drew McIntyre
Gunther
Hon mention: CM Punk, Sami Zayn, Kevin Owens, Bron Breakker*, Joe Hendry, The Miz, R Truth, Randy Orton

My current top 5 (women):
Becky Lynch
Rhea Ripley
Tiffany Stratton*
Bayley
Liv Morgan
Hon Mention: Lash Legend (homer pick), Jade Cargill, Chelsea Green, Asuka, Iyo Sky, Charlotte Flair

*Bron Breakker (Rick Steiner’s son) could end up being an all time great. He has all the tools. He’s getting the rocket tied to his back.

*Tiffany Stratton will 100% be one of the all time greats on the women’s side. She has the charisma, the physical ability, the look, and the promo.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
My all time favorite top 5 in no order:
Scott Hall
Roddy Piper
Macho Man Randy Savage
Stone Cold Steve Austin
Jerry Lawler
Hon. Mention: The Rock, Shawn Michaels, Kevin Nash, Jake the Snake, Ricky Steamboat, Triple H

All time top 5 women wrestlers:
Lita
Trish Stratus
Chyna
Wendi Richter
Sensational Sherri

My current top 5 (men):
Cody Rhodes
LA Knight
Roman Reigns
Drew McIntyre
Gunther
Hon mention: CM Punk, Sami Zayn, Kevin Owens, Bron Breakker*, Joe Hendry, The Miz, R Truth, Randy Orton

My current top 5 (women):
Becky Lynch
Rhea Ripley
Tiffany Stratton*
Bayley
Liv Morgan
Hon Mention: Lash Legend (homer pick), Jade Cargill, Chelsea Green, Asuka, Iyo Sky, Charlotte Flair

*Bron Breakker (Rick Steiner’s son) could end up being an all time great. He has all the tools. He’s getting the rocket tied to his back.

*Tiffany Stratton will 100% be one of the all time greats on the women’s side. She has the charisma, the physical ability, the look, and the promo.
Randy Orton is a total bada$$.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Modern day I loved Bray Wyatt. I also love Rhea Ripley.
I loved Bray Wyatt too. Everything from the cult leader to the Firefly funhouse to the very end. He was such a unique character. Hate we lost him.

I remember watching Rhea’s entrance before her match with Becky at Wrestlemania and thinking to myself “how can people not love pro wrestling?”

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
I loved Bray Wyatt too. Everything from the cult leader to the Firefly funhouse to the very end. He was such a unique character. Hate we lost him.

I remember watching Rhea’s entrance before her match with Becky at Wrestlemania and thinking to myself “how can people not love pro wrestling?”

I think Bray was the most creative guy maybe ever. I thought firefly fun house was hilarious.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login