OT: Favorite Wrestler

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
Ok so the Devil has a white trash indulgence known as professional wrassling. I just love it. So I am curious as to the packs favorite wrestlers.
My top 5 Greatest:
1. Flair
2. Stone Cold
3. Bruno
4. Shawn Michaels
5. Hogan
Others I loved. Sandman, CM Punk, the Rock, Terry Funk, Raven, Scott Hall, New Jack, Eddie, and Nick Gage.
Not putting Bray Wyatt as #1 proves again that "Puzzling Us Is The Nature Of Your Game".

1723310075153.png

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Bear in mind that I’m only 31 and did not watch 80’s or 90’s wrestling. But In no particular order:

The Rock - I got into wrestling in 2000 when Austin wasn’t around at the time, and The Rock was the top baby face. I was only 7 but he was my first favorite.

Kurt Angle - absolutely hilarious goofball heel and one of the all time greats in the ring

Shawn Michaels - I did not see his first run in the 90’s but when he came back from injury in 2002 he quickly became a favorite of mine. Angle vs Michaels is my favorite mania match. Michaels vs Shelton Benjamin is one of my favorite TV matches ever.

Kevin Owens - this guy got me back into wrestling after I’d been away for years. I am flipping channels one night in 2015 and stumble upon him talking trash to Cena and stomping on his championship belt. Then I watched him wrestle and holy smokes could he go in the ring. Great talker too. Super underrated in terms of modern wrestlers, he has been a great utility player for WWE for a decade.

Walter/Gunther - probably my favorite of the current generation. He’s just a big Austrian dude whose whole character is he’s a dang good wrestler and everybody knows it. Chops the absolute **** out of people, too. I’m pumped that he’s one of the World Champs now, I think this guy is awesome.

Reactions: Lucifer Morningstar

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
So hard to pick over the course of time In no particular order:

Roddy Piper: Loved the occasional schtick of him staggering in the ring and winning in 45 seconds and staggering out. Always wanted a “Hot Rod” tee

Diamond Dallas Page: Damn I loved the Diamond Cutter move. And he aged gracefully, which is rare for a wrestler

Lawler-Hart feuds: I always had a love for the heels

Junkyard Dog: Ya gotta a love a guy that has the word “THUMP” across his @$$

Michael Hayes: GCW used to be the real “raw” stuff

Degeneraton X: Yeah, it’s a group, but the Attitude era was the $4!+. The whole was greater than the sum of its parts

Any moment where the crowd pops like hell. If a wrestler can do that, it’s damned good entertainment

There’s probably more that will come to mind that I haven’t done justice

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
Not a lot of love for DDP in this thread. I guess his run was rather short in comparison to others.

In no particular order:

Macho Man
Stone Cold
Diamond Dallas Page
Undertaker
Ultimate Warrior
Booker T
Shawn Michaels
Mick Foley
Brett Hart
Sting
Loved DDP….responded to this thread after reading your post

DawgsOnTheWing

Sep 26, 2012
To show my age……

the Spoiler throwing the claw on someone and blood running down their face.
Skandor Akbar throwing fire in someone’s face
cowboy Bill Watts

guess my favs are Hacksaw, Macho Man (with the lovely Ms Elizabeth), Flair, Sting.

DawgsOnTheWing

Sep 26, 2012
RIP Liz….

HWY51dog

Jul 24, 2013
I'm old school. Saturday mornings Mid-South wrestling. Greenwood ch 6.

Ted Dibiase
Junkyard Dog
Hacksaw Duggan
Fabulous Freebirds

Then I went to college and the Starkville cable system had the Memphis wrestling featuring Jerry "King" Lawler.
Same. Would go to Greenwood Civic Center for Mid-South then Channel 5 would come to Grenada High School. Got both channels in Grenada growing up. Saturday mornings were the best.

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
In no particular order, but kinda …
Jerry Lawler
Hulk Hogan
Jackie Fargo
Plowboy Frazier
Billy superstar Dundee
Ric Flair
Handsome Jimmy Valiant
Tommy wildfire Rich
Koko Ware
Tojo Yamamoto

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Come on dude..
The sister Abigail closer was surely in the top 10
What’s the best Bray match? The best one I can think of is probably of his matches with Danielson in early 2014. But I can think of a lot more horrible Bray matches than good ones.

That HIAC match with Rollins is the worst thing WWE has done in 20 years. And any time he got in the ring with Orton it was a disaster.

MSUDAWGFAN

Apr 17, 2014
Ok so the Devil has a white trash indulgence known as professional wrassling. I just love it. So I am curious as to the packs favorite wrestlers.
My top 5 Greatest:
1. Flair
2. Stone Cold
3. Bruno
4. Shawn Michaels
5. Hogan
Others I loved. Sandman, CM Punk, the Rock, Terry Funk, Raven, Scott Hall, New Jack, Eddie, and Nick Gage.
Trish Stratus
Stacey Kiebler
Lita
The Bella Twins
AJ Lee

Seriously though- my favorite promo wrestler ever has got to be The Rock. He is hilarious. I don't t care for anything else he has ever done but when he was on the mic, there was noone better.

• Haha

MSUDAWGFAN

Apr 17, 2014
My top 5 Greatest:
1. Flair
2. Stone Cold
3. Bruno
4. Shawn Michaels
5. Hogan
My favorite of the men is largely who makes me laugh the most. That would be
1) The Rock
2) Stone Cold
3) Curt Angle
4) The Dudley Boys
5) Mick Foley - he never made me laugh but that guy took the most pain of any wrestler for the show of anyone ever.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I'm not a wrestling fan. I don't hate it by any means. Just wouldn't ever go out of my way to watch it.

So reading through this the question that comes to mind is how is one of the most famous wrestlers to outsiders, Andre the Giant, not on one of your lists??
Do me a favor and google Dan Soder Andre and Macho Man.

Reactions: She Mate Me

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Well done!

Not necessarily favorites but some odd/memorable characters I remember as a kid…

Mankind (Mick)
Harlem Heat
Disco Inferno (Yikes)
D-Generation X (suck it)
Scott Hall (always looked like he just got out of a pool of baby oil)
I would have lost all my money if someone would have bet me that Disco Inferno was going to be on a list.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Trish Stratus
Stacey Kiebler
Lita
The Bella Twins
AJ Lee

Seriously though- my favorite promo wrestler ever has got to be The Rock. He is hilarious. I don't t care for anything else he has ever done but when he was on the mic, there was noone better.
This list is cuntshit without Sunny and Torrie Wilson

dawgman42

Jul 24, 2007
Sidebar on all this discussion, but did anyone watch "Tales from the Territories" that I think was on Vice back in 2022 (I just watched them all two weeks ago on VOD)? That really was a good show highlighting most of the regional promotions. Loved the WCCW and MidSouth ones the best, and the Jake Roberts' story of him and Duggan getting involved in a fight at the Dock was classic.

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
Trish Stratus
Stacey Kiebler
Lita
The Bella Twins
AJ Lee

As far as the women go I love the new generation of women so much more than the diva generation. I understand the divas were very pretty, but this new generation is better athletes in many cases than the men and better story tellers.

vhdawg

Sep 29, 2004
My top 5 Greatest:
1. Flair
2. Stone Cold
3. Bruno
4. Shawn Michaels
5. Hogan
Bruno? You're older than I thought, though I guess I shouldn't be surprised since you were there at The Beginning.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
As far as the women go I love the new generation of women so much more than the diva generation. I understand the divas were very pretty, but this new generation is better athletes in many cases than the men and better story tellers.
Yeah, but they don't do bra and panties matches anymore.

By the way, Chris Jericho and Kurt Angle are grossly underrepresented in this thread.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Yeah, but they don't do bra and panties matches anymore.

By the way, Chris Jericho and Kurt Angle are grossly underrepresented in this thread.
Two legends that could do heel or face at the flip of a switch and be funny as hell

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login