OT: Favorite Wrestler

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
Yeah, but they don't do bra and panties matches anymore.

By the way, Chris Jericho and Kurt Angle are grossly underrepresented in this thread.
I’ll tell you someone under represented. Eddie Guerrero. Around 97 or 98 I ended up at Tiffany’s after a WCW house show. They had an after show party there. Met most of the active roster that night.

Eddie Guerrero sat at the table with my friends and I most of the night drinking beer, and talking ****. I feel bad for not mentioning him. Became a big fan of his.

As a side note Chris Jericho went into a closed room with a stripper. Came back out 20-30 minutes later getting high fives.

Reactions: Drebin

cowbell88

Jan 11, 2009
I was a Mid South Saturday morning at 11 am kid.

After it disbanded/ rebranded, I lost interest. Never did “get” all the hoopla and crazy *** outfits.

About 6 years ago leading up to Halloween, my wife was looking at costumes for my son. I chuckled at the Macho Man costume. My wife said, with your beard, you look like him and could totally pull it off.

Next thing I know, I’m watching those YouTube videos on Macho Man. I immediately appreciated the “act”.

When that Slim Jim costume came in it was on. By Halloween I sounded like him and had many quotes memorized.

I gained much respect for all those 80’s and 90’s wrestlers after that.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022

By the way, Chris Jericho and Kurt Angle are grossly underrepresented in this thread.
Eddie Guerrero (RIP) deserves some love too. The early 2000’s WWF mid card was unreal.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
stephanie mcmahon wrestling GIF by WWE

Breast female wrestler ever!
Even though I'm from a different generation of wrestling fans, I liked her "angles".

stephanie mcmahon shrug GIF

Reactions: Lucifer Morningstar

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022

I would tend to argue it is better since the bra and panty matches. Not that I do not enjoy them, but I think the current women’s division is much better than the old titty show. I think in many ways it might be better than the men’s. Rhea Ridley is the biggest star in the company right now to me. Of course I am probably wrong.

Reactions: Dawgg

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I'm really surprised nobody has mentioned Tojo Yamamoto. Nobody else must've been watching on Saturday. I know my grandmother was. That's where I learned to watch myself, just waiting for Lawler to take his strap off and see what Bill Dundee was up to this week. Every Saturday, right after cartoons.

drexeldog23

Dec 2, 2022
when i was little my guy was Mr. Wrestling 2. Its weird now when i see him in old Mid South , Georgia Championship Wrestling clips , he s old, out of shape, dressed in all plain white and really wasn't a great interview , but he was my guy.

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
Never a huge wrestling fan. Grew up in NY in the 60s-70s so I did watch Bruno Sammartino then.

Got to the Mid-South in 81 where it was all about Jerry "The King" Lawler and The Mouth of the South, Jimmy Hart.

My last days of any wrestling watching was The Hulkster, Macho Man, Ultimate Warrior, Andre the Giant and that time of the WWE.

Stopped watching at all after that.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005

Kurt Angle was the perfect heel.

“You suck….you suck….you suck…you suck.”

Reactions: Dawgg

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Kurt Angle was the perfect heel.

“You suck….you suck….you suck…you suck.”
The brilliant thing about Kurt Angle during those early years was that his character didn't "know" he was a heel. He acted like every 1980's babyface and the crowd just hated him for it. His character was just so completely delusional that because he was an Olympic gold medalist (with a broken frickin' neck) that he should be praised. The more he expected adulation, the more boos came down on him. So perfect.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I would tend to argue it is better since the bra and panty matches. Not that I do not enjoy them, but I think the current women’s division is much better than the old titty show. I think in many ways it might be better than the men’s. Rhea Ridley is the biggest star in the company right now to me. Of course I am probably wrong.
You're not wrong.

This is how I felt about Becky Lynch during her 2018-2020 "The Man" run. It was so interesting because she was booked as the heel, but the more heelish and under-handed she got, the more the crowd popped. Finally, WWE got the message and started booking her as an anti-hero face.

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
Grew up in Natchez so it was Saturday and Sunday morning with Mid-South/UWF so I was into Sting, Kamala, Eddie Gilbert, RnR Express, Midnight Express, Freebirds, Dr Death, Ted Dibiase and Jake the Snake. I didn't have cable back in those mid-late 80s so the only time you could see WWF was the 6pm Saturday night show and occasional Saturday Night Main Event in place of SNL.

Coming home from jr high and seeing the AWA on ESPN every afternoon was cool. a young Shawn Michaels, Dingo Warrior, Curt Hennig, Zybysko, Bockwinkle, Greg Gagne

For some reason when UWF ended and most of the rasslers spilled over to WCW I didn't like it as much. I think it was because all of the studio shows were in that tiny arena with about 12 people in the crowd.

Once Nitro took off though, we didnt miss an episode at my apartment at MSU.

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
I was a Mid South Saturday morning at 11 am kid.

After it disbanded/ rebranded, I lost interest. Never did “get” all the hoopla and crazy *** outfits.

About 6 years ago leading up to Halloween, my wife was looking at costumes for my son. I chuckled at the Macho Man costume. My wife said, with your beard, you look like him and could totally pull it off.

Next thing I know, I’m watching those YouTube videos on Macho Man. I immediately appreciated the “act”.

When that Slim Jim costume came in it was on. By Halloween I sounded like him and had many quotes memorized.

I gained much respect for all those 80’s and 90’s wrestlers after that.
That's my kinda thing right there. When that costume came out, I did try the jacket on. Unfortunately, I look like I ate 2 of randy.

I would love for someone nearby to do that so I could be entertained

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I always thought Giant Panther was based on Hogan because of the tan and hair color but never understood why he used the iron claw, then the internet told me he was based on Kerry Von Erich. Slender was Flair, Hyabusa was Inoki, and Star Man was a general Luchador. No idea who the Amazon and King Korn Kan were based on.

Reactions: dawgman42
Oct 14, 2021
Ok so the Devil has a white trash indulgence known as professional wrassling. I just love it. So I am curious as to the packs favorite wrestlers.
My top 5 Greatest:
1. Flair
2. Stone Cold
3. Bruno
4. Shawn Michaels
5. Hogan
Others I loved. Sandman, CM Punk, the Rock, Terry Funk, Raven, Scott Hall, New Jack, Eddie, and Nick Gage.
Donald Trump
Cowboy Bill Watts
The Spoiler
The Iron Sheik
Savage
Rick Flair

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I always thought Giant Panther was based on Hogan because of the tan and hair color but never understood why he used the iron claw, then the internet told me he was based on Kerry Von Erich. Slender was Flair, Hyabusa was Inoki, and Star Man was a general Luchador. No idea who the Amazon and King Korn Kan were based on.
The Amazon did the head chomp and the headlock where he would start clawing your scalp throw you down and laugh and then raise his hands and shake his head to the ref like he was innocent.

Reactions: HailStout

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Ok so the Devil has a white trash indulgence known as professional wrassling. I just love it. So I am curious as to the packs favorite wrestlers.
My top 5 Greatest:
1. Flair
2. Stone Cold
3. Bruno
4. Shawn Michaels
5. Hogan
Others I loved. Sandman, CM Punk, the Rock, Terry Funk, Raven, Scott Hall, New Jack, Eddie, and Nick Gage.
For sentimental reasons alone, I have to go with Junkyard Dog

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I tell you who I like and is finally getting some recognition is Joe Hendry. His song parody schtick is fun, his theme music is catchy, and he's a pretty good worker.

He's signed with TNA, but he's been showing up on WWE NXT a lot lately. That dubmass smirk cracks me up:

Reactions: aTotal360

bolddogge

Aug 23, 2012
Funny story.
So when I was a kid my dad looked a lot like Jake the snake. Talk, brown hair and mustache. One time we were in New Orleans for a saints game and checking out of the hotel. The lady at the desk said to my dad “ excuse me sir, but are you Jake the snake Roberts?”. If you knew my dad’s sense of humor he of course said yes. Next thing you know he is down there taking pictures and signing autographs with the hotel staff. My mom just sat to the side and shook her head.
Fun times
Thread Detour..... We must be related... My father was on a cruise and when some people asked what he did for a living he said he was a brain surgeon. All week long whenever they met those folks, it was Hi Doc or hello Dr. "lastname". And my mom shared the same reaction as yours.

• Haha
Reactions: hatfieldms
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login