OT: Favorite Wrestler

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
I loved Bray Wyatt too. Everything from the cult leader to the Firefly funhouse to the very end. He was such a unique character. Hate we lost him.

I remember watching Rhea’s entrance before her match with Becky at Wrestlemania and thinking to myself “how can people not love pro wrestling?”

The best line ever is New Jack saying “Bombs Away” when he tried to kill Vick Grimes. Or Cornette saying that their goal for New Jack in Smoking Mountain Wrestling was to go out there and piss some white people off.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Dawgg

Bulldog45

Oct 2, 2018
Hulk
Piper
Superfly Snuka
Hacksaw
Not my favorites but always like watching Eddie Guerrero, Tito Santana, Don Muraco and Ricky Steamboat on Saturday nights

Reactions: Lucifer Morningstar

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
ric flair man GIF

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

Villagedawg

Nov 16, 2005
Ok so the Devil has a white trash indulgence known as professional wrassling. I just love it. So I am curious as to the packs favorite wrestlers.
My top 5 Greatest:
1. Flair
2. Stone Cold
3. Bruno
4. Shawn Michaels
5. Hogan
Others I loved. Sandman, CM Punk, the Rock, Terry Funk, Raven, Scott Hall, New Jack, Eddie, and Nick Gage.
Superstar Bill Dundee and the Mongolian Stomper especially in a coal miners glove match with Jerry the king Lawler.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
From Austin Texas, the son of a plumber, the American Dream, Dusty Rhodes! The Hard Times Speech made me want to run through a wall as a kid.

Followed by The Road Warriors (RIP) and Jake “The Snake” Roberts.
Damn, I forgot to include Dusty. If you ever want a really good feeling, go watch The Rhodes Family vs The Shield at Battleground 2013. It starts at about the 1:05 mark.

Last edited:

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Flair
Macho Man
Ultimate Warrior
Whatever Mick Foley was doing
Bush Whackers bc they were hilarious
The Rock
Jericho
Sgt Slaughter
RRP

Damnit I need to start watching wrasslin again.

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
Well played sir. I would bet you like Jake the snake then as well?
Funny story.
So when I was a kid my dad looked a lot like Jake the snake. Talk, brown hair and mustache. One time we were in New Orleans for a saints game and checking out of the hotel. The lady at the desk said to my dad “ excuse me sir, but are you Jake the snake Roberts?”. If you knew my dad’s sense of humor he of course said yes. Next thing you know he is down there taking pictures and signing autographs with the hotel staff. My mom just sat to the side and shook her head.
Fun times

Last edited:

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I'm not a wrestling fan. I don't hate it by any means. Just wouldn't ever go out of my way to watch it.

So reading through this the question that comes to mind is how is one of the most famous wrestlers to outsiders, Andre the Giant, not on one of your lists??

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Ok so the Devil has a white trash indulgence known as professional wrassling. I just love it. So I am curious as to the packs favorite wrestlers.
My top 5 Greatest:
1. Flair
2. Stone Cold
3. Bruno
4. Shawn Michaels
5. Hogan
Others I loved. Sandman, CM Punk, the Rock, Terry Funk, Raven, Scott Hall, New Jack, Eddie, and Nick Gage.
Give me any of the old MidSouth Wrestling guys over these.

Willow Grove Dawg

Nov 3, 2016
No real order.

Lawler.
Austin idol
Boogie woogie.....handsome Jimmy!

Maybe I can stop there.
Tell me that you grew up watching Saturday morning rasslin on Channel 5 in Memphis with Lance "banana nose" Russell & Dave Brown without telling me.
Just please don't admit that you liked Billy Superstar Dundee

Last edited:

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
These two top all others previously mentioned.

ETA Not Surprised MorningStar "Liked" due to his fondness for Debauchery. Hopefully I won't have to pay him a visit one day for watching this twice or frequenting the NSFW threads.

Last edited:

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I'm usually one to respect opinions in matters such as these, but any of you clowns that are mentioning Roman Reigns in the same breath as Stone Cold, DX, Rock, Taker, and the NWO are out of your ever loving minds. He may be the best thing going to today in an era of mostly $hitty wrestling, but he's at least a couple tiers down from those legends

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
Jerry "The Kang" Lawler was a bad mo'fo back his day. . . . . It was game over when he pulled down the strap. . . . .Actually met him one time and he was very personable. . . . .

Met him at that great for lunch Southern Home Style restaurant basically on Memphis State's Campus. Never seen such a famous person enjoying shaking every damn hand offered. Even while trying to finish eating he liked BSing with those who just walked up and wanted to BS. IMO it was genuine and not simply "Knowing Where His Money Comes From" or just fan appeasement.

Last edited:

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Met him at that great for lunch Southern Home Style restaurant basically on Memphis State's Campus. Never seen such a famous person enjoying shaking every damn hand offered. Even while trying to finish eating he liked BSing with those who just walked up and wanted to BS. IMO it was genuine and not simply "Knowing Where His Money Comes From" or just fan appeasement.
I completely forgot about the strep gimmick. 80s and 90s were fantastic and the wrestling world was good entertainment. Too bad we've thrown too sophisticated in the modern world.

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
Not a lot of love for DDP in this thread.

I like ddp and his short time in wrestling comparatively. Met him right before covid. He was super nice and very talkative, which threw me off as I just wanted to be a star struck mark with a quick Pic.

He runs his ddp yoga now and is constantly looking out for those of us wrasslin fans who have weight we could afford to lose.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login