OT: Hooters

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
All these chain, casual restaurants are taking a beating. Margins are zilch because fixed costs are skyrocketing and labor costs are doing the same. This pushes the prices up and people (especially the key demo for these restaurants) have less money to spend due to inflation.

We joke about it, but Texas Roadhouse is the only one that feels like it's still operating at pre-COVID levels. The prices haven't gone up much at all and servings are the same. You can get a 16 oz ribeye, rolls, and 2 sides cheaper than you can get 20 wings at Hooters. I love wings, but I'd rather have the steak.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Girl Interview GIF by SV Bergheim 1906

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004

I hate what Biden is doing to this country.
Everytime I read about one of these restaurants folding it seems at some point they sold out to private equity. Then the PE strips it for parts and takes their profits. Look at Red Lobster’s story as an example.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
My towns hooters is great. It's always busy. Sometimes it's about the management and available talent you have for waitresses. The last time I went to the one in Jackson ages ago was scary.

Reactions: Double Dawg

HotMop

May 8, 2006
All these chain, casual restaurants are taking a beating. Margins are zilch because fixed costs are skyrocketing and labor costs are doing the same. This pushes the prices up and people (especially the key demo for these restaurants) have less money to spend due to inflation.

We joke about it, but Texas Roadhouse is the only one that feels like it's still operating at pre-COVID levels. The prices haven't gone up much at all and servings are the same. You can get a 16 oz ribeye, rolls, and 2 sides cheaper than you can get 20 wings at Hooters. I love wings, but I'd rather have the steak.
I go and pocket 3 weeks of peanuts while drinking 1 happy hour beer at the bar.

#THANKSOBAMA

• Haha
Reactions: The Fatboy

ETK99

Jul 30, 2019
Thighs suck IMO, but they're cheaper, so i sacrifice

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
My former wife thought hooters was a strip club. It would be the only sane place I could go to see a basketball game in the mid 90s while I was traveling for biz. Sad part, I hated their wings....until they added naked ones.

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
No sarcasterisks needed on that. Hooters uniforms are modest at this point. They basically have the negatives of being a breastaraunt but then dont compete with places like twin peaks for the customers that really want to gawk.
I've tried twin peaks a few times here and where we used to live. The flirting is silly, and it seems the 2 locations I've been to have the same hiring policy, more tattoos are better. Have liked the beer variety, but not the food.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Nothing has a the flavor of thigh. They hold that juicy flavor. Breast dry out too easy. I use thighs in a lot of my chicken dishes especially with rice.
Totally agree, if the breast was the only piece of meat on a chicken I just wouldn't eat chicken. I can't do that dry azz flavorless white meat. It tastes like somebody wet some toilet paper, shredded it and pressed it back together.

Last edited: