OT: Its good we do not have this issue here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walkthedawg

Oct 3, 2022
At this point, with this many responses and clarifications that show the sky is not falling, I figured I would just respond to your comment in red with...
"If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas"
"If your Aunt had balls she'd be your Uncle, but she doesn't, so she's not.”
Well… the last time the executive branch and Legislative branch all consisted of the before mentioned party… the result was the mandates in the part of my post you did not reply to.

in 2000, the GM 5.3 and 6.0 engines were outstanding. They were powerful, reliable, and had more potential. Now… they have gimmicky valve lifters that have been ruining the engines consistently. All because of the EPA mandates. The rest of my last post…. Same reason.

if someone wants something eye opening to do… call the local Ford dealer and ask how much they would charge to replace the thermostat in a 2018-2020 ford F150 3 liter diesel. This could be done in an hour in a backyard shop in the 90’s. Now get a price for it for something made in 2018.

All because of these mandates we shouldn’t concern ourselves with apparently.

Reactions: Ranchdawg

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Yep, electric and some alternative will end up being the long term solution. Electric alone doesn't give you the travel distance capability. Hydrogen with electric would do that if gas stations can provide interchangeable cells. The automakers need to develop a standard for the hydrogen cells now.
I just watched this...

Reactions: Ranchdawg

dawgoneyall

Nov 11, 2007
So you think Elon Musk is a crook?

Bottom line is, hybrid is the way to go. Use the electric part to decrease the gas consumption. That's the logical way of looking at things.
Gas consumption.maybe. fossil fuel consumption....no.

Too many social science majors thinking they have a clue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login