OT - Keep Your Head on a Swivel in FNEJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Hopefully, you're not suggesting that video is CGI, like another idiot on this tread did. It may a planned "work" though with no live ammo used.

Agree about the flashing headlights urban legend, that's been around since the 70s/80s.
No, real video, but as it pertains to discerning reality from fiction, Ai produced deep fakes are going to reek havoc. There's some discussion about creating tech that would effectively mark original images, almost like having a certificate attached to each original image. That would provide platforms and software some way to help people know what is real. However, people are mostly inclined toward things that make them feel like they were right all along so I don't hold out much hope for there being a resurgence in seeking any truth...

Reactions: greenbean.sixpack

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
No, real video, but as it pertains to discerning reality from fiction, Ai produced deep fakes are going to reek havoc. There's some discussion about creating tech that would effectively mark original images, almost like having a certificate attached to each original image. That would provide platforms and software some way to help people know what is real. However, people are mostly inclined toward things that make them feel like they were right all along so I don't hold out much hope for there being a resurgence in seeking any truth...
My Dad lived by the motto, "Don't believe anything you hear or read and only half of what you see." I think that originated with Ben Franklin.

Why have we gotten dumber as a society over the years? Now folks believe just about everything that fits their narrative, even though it would be easy to research.

FreeDawg

Oct 6, 2010
Fake as in CGI. Again I’m not saying there aren’t bad things but for this to happen in October and no one see this video or hear much about it until yesterday is just odd. I have seen a couple of people say they heard something about it in October though.

I mean the car gently stops and then slowly puts it in reverse. Id have been swerving all over the place.
This was a few days ago and is legitimately one of the craziest crime stories I’ve ever heard. 1 guy kills 2 of this lady’s sons, shoots her daughter, shoots her house up over $6,500. The mother got in contact with the killer (before the 2nd son was murdered) and paid him half to squash the beef. Didn’t matter killed the other one anyway. https://www.wlbt.com/2024/02/01/i-j...due-gun-violence-months-apart/?outputType=amp

I mean this with all due respect but if you don’t believe that video, you have no idea what’s going on in Jackson.

Tomorrow I have a meeting with a kid I’ve looked out on and tried to mentor who was shot in the head a few months back, along with another kid, at north hill square on northside and it never made the news because no one died miraculously. 2 20 year old kids get shot, 1 in the head & spends a month in icu, and it didnt make the news or paper. It’s that bad rn my man.

Reactions: paindonthurt

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
This was a few days ago and is legitimately one of the craziest crime stories I’ve ever heard. 1 guy kills 2 of this lady’s sons, shoots her daughter, shoots her house up over $6,500. The mother got in contact with the killer (before the 2nd son was murdered) and paid him half to squash the beef. Didn’t matter killed the other one anyway. https://www.wlbt.com/2024/02/01/i-j...due-gun-violence-months-apart/?outputType=amp

I mean this with all due respect but if you don’t believe that video, you have no idea what’s going on in Jackson.

Tomorrow I have a meeting with a kid I’ve looked out on and tried to mentor who was shot in the head a few months back, along with another kid, at north hill square on northside and it never made the news because no one died miraculously. 2 20 year old kids get shot, 1 in the head & spends a month in icu, and it didnt make the news or paper. It’s that bad rn my man.
I literally said I know bad things happen in Jackson. The video looks strange and some who know more than I commented they were suspicious of it. If it’s real it’s real.

But mostly I couldn’t get over that it happened in October and was just now being seen/heard about by nearly everyone I know. That’s not some far west Jackson area.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
My Dad lived by the motto, "Don't believe anything you hear or read and only half of what you see." I think that originated with Ben Franklin.

Why have we gotten dumber as a society over the years? Now folks believe just about everything that fits their narrative, even though it would be easy to research.
Combine that with people who wrap their entire belief system and identity into a political party and then vilifies anyone who disagrees. It's quite the recipe.

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
they're coming for the civilized too. evolution says they're ****** long term planners but they will eventually loosely organize. on demand abortions and more prisons will help....for a while.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Hopefully, you're not suggesting that video is CGI, like another idiot on this tread did. It may a planned "work" though with no live ammo used.

Agree about the flashing headlights urban legend, that's been around since the 70s/80s.
You can tag me in your post next time. Like I said if it’s real it’s real but I didn’t actually create that theory. Other “idiots” who would know did. To act like deep fakes/simulated video is a possibility is just ridiculous in 2024 is odd.

Last edited:

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
You can tag me in your post next time. Like I said if it’s real it’s real but I didn’t actually create that theory. Other “idiots” who would know did. To act like deep fakes/simulated video is a possibility is just ridiculous in 2024 is odd.
Hey if that's CGI, you better call J. J. Abrams cause he'll want to hire those guys. He can't do it that good.

I consider 90% of MSU fans idiots, so you're not special.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012

All of us are guilty of it to one degree or another.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Fear is used to motivate people and we fall for it all the time. I came up when we thought that there was a real possibility that Russia might nuke us off the face of the earth.

Pros: It gave the country and enemy to rally against, which gave the politicians ways to get money for things they wanted and occasionally for their constituents. (You saw a similar unity post 9/11 when the US had a common enemy again.)

Cons: We really might have gotten nuked to oblivion.

So, when there is no common enemy for the country to motivate the sides, we have to create internal fear of others to motivate "us" against "them". Politicians (and more importantly the machines behind them) understand this and provide just such divisiveness. Years in the making. You don't just wake up one day to find that former pro-US people are now on Russia's side and supporting evil authoritarian regimes both within and outside the country.

I'm old enough to remember when presidential candidate Gary Hart had a photo taken of him with a woman who was not his wife, on the back of a yacht called "Risky Business", and that was enough to have the entire country, including his own party, run him out of the race immediately for being a terrible human. Let that sink in in the context of where we are today... :(
Correction, Gary Hart wasn’t on Risky Business, I believe it was “Monkey Business”

Reactions: horshack.sixpack

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Fear is used to motivate people and we fall for it all the time. I came up when we thought that there was a real possibility that Russia might nuke us off the face of the earth.

Pros: It gave the country and enemy to rally against, which gave the politicians ways to get money for things they wanted and occasionally for their constituents. (You saw a similar unity post 9/11 when the US had a common enemy again.)

Cons: We really might have gotten nuked to oblivion.

So, when there is no common enemy for the country to motivate the sides, we have to create internal fear of others to motivate "us" against "them". Politicians (and more importantly the machines behind them) understand this and provide just such divisiveness. Years in the making. You don't just wake up one day to find that former pro-US people are now on Russia's side and supporting evil authoritarian regimes both within and outside the country.

I'm old enough to remember when presidential candidate Gary Hart had a photo taken of him with a woman who was not his wife, on the back of a yacht called "Risky Business", and that was enough to have the entire country, including his own party, run him out of the race immediately for being a terrible human. Let that sink in in the context of where we are today... :(
🤦🏼‍♂️

Drive by shooters are our common enemy and they aren’t made up by politicians. They are filthy 17ing animals.

And illegal immigration is bad no matter what you or anyone else thinks.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

biodawg

Mar 3, 2008
Not saying Jxn doesn’t have issues but I am not sure that’s real. The video is from October and it’s just now being talked about. That doesn’t happen in Jackson.
Some lady on next door was raving about it back in (I guess) October. I said the same exact thing on ND. “If that really happened, it would be all over news. I’m not calling you a liar, but that just seems really unlikely”. Lo and behold, there it is in the same location she described, months later. Weird it never got out on a large scale.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
🤦🏼‍♂️

Drive by shooters are our common enemy and they aren’t made up by politicians. They are filthy 17ing animals.

And illegal immigration is bad no matter what you or anyone else thinks.
Have you ever come face to face with either?

When is your Carlson/Putin interview dropping?

Reactions: 85Bears

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
I don't want to shock you but migrants are no different than any other people group. There are some bad apples that get into trouble. There are some really bad ones that run with gangs and deal in violence and misery. Then most are working and trying to figure out how to provide for themselves and their families, and often their families back home. All of the migrants I've come into contact with are too busy working daylight to dark 7 days week to have enough energy to cause any trouble.

This entire post reeks.

Indicator 1: Start off by denigrating some people group that you feel threatened by, likely because you listen to and read crap that stokes that fear.

Indicator 2: While denigrating that group, toss in something that is totally unrelated "food and money". Does it look like the dudes in the rodeo car are trying to get food or money? It does not. However, to that point, what would you do if you were desperate for food and money? Go to your family and tell them that starving is the only option because you wouldn't do anything to tarnish your eagle scout reputation?

Indicator 3: Introduce an urban legend about headlight flashing to ratchet up fear further. Wherever you got that information, you should stop reading/watching. You could attempt a simple google search to see if that is urban legend perpetuated by social media or not before posting as fact.

Someone is scaring you with things that are not true. I suggest finding better news sources. In fact, I suggest that if, when you awoke this morning, you consumed some media that made you more angry, hateful and scared of somebody, or something, that you should block whomever/whatever is doing that to you.
The FACT remains that if they enter the county illegally, they are criminals by definition. That's just FACT.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Not saying Jxn doesn’t have issues but I am not sure that’s real. The video is from October and it’s just now being talked about. That doesn’t happen in Jackson. Others who know this type of stuff have said it’s a fake.

And if it’s real the driver of that car is either in on the shooting or the calmest human alive.

So maybe it does happen in Jackson? Or is this a different incident?

RocketDawg

Oct 21, 2011
Thank you for this uber relevant information.
You're quite welcome, and I'm glad you appreciated it, although it was only targeted toward a comment Horshak made that he'd seen several of QTs in Texas but was struggling to think of one that wasn't in a suspect area. That opened the area of consideration up a little larger than the Jackson area, hence the comment about two of the stores in north Georgia that were in nice areas.

Reactions: horshack.sixpack

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Skipping your semantics games and going straight to the facts:

I do wish we could send all who cross the border in improper places back across and make them enter at a recognized port of entry.

Biden tried that a year ago and his Rule was shut down by a judge.

To be clear, I would be OK with them still entering legally. Just cross legally and claim asylum at the port of entry.

HotMop

May 8, 2006
Can we lock this thread?

Ok, who are the better terrorists, Hamas, Hezzbalah, or Israel?

That should do it.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
I do wish we could send all who cross the border in improper places back across and make them enter at a recognized port of entry.

Biden tried that a year ago and his Rule was shut down by a judge.

To be clear, I would be OK with them still entering legally. Just cross legally and claim asylum at the port of entry.
We need immigration, but it needs to be legal. People starting their life here as criminals is not good for anyone.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
We need immigration, but it needs to be legal. People starting their life here as criminals is not good for anyone.
Serious question, have you ever been outside Booneville? Have you ever been in or around immigrant communities from Mexico and points south?

This is not Castro's Cuba, there isn't a solo entity shipping over all his criminals. These are people coming looking for work. If you want the left to admit that immigration needs to be legal, you need to concede this idiotic notion that it's nothing but MS-13 assassins coming over the border.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Serious question, have you ever been outside Booneville? Have you ever been in or around immigrant communities from Mexico and points south?

This is not Castro's Cuba, there isn't a solo entity shipping over all his criminals. These are people coming looking for work. If you want the left to admit that immigration needs to be legal, you need to concede this idiotic notion that it's nothing but MS-13 assassins coming over the border.
Yes, including Mexico, VERY rural Mexico. 19 countries & 35 states.

I never said that it was all MS13 coming over. Most are legit looking to make a better life for themselves.

Even the ones with no prior criminal record who cross illegally looking for work BY THAT ACT are by definition criminals. It is a crime to cross the border without going through immigration and customs, even for US citizens.

RotorHead

Mar 26, 2019
Ain’t got a problem with immigration. It’s the illegal part I get irritated about. And the freebies they get to boot. Gang banger or not. They’re getting a boatload of free shitassery that not even homeless veterans, much less homeless, have access to. Show me how that ranks as high as it does on a national priority list and I’ll show you a political agenda.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
I'm a criminal because I smoke weed. You're a criminal because you drive over the speed limit. Who gives a ****? Look at how incredibly difficult it is for someone from a Latin country to legally emigrate here. That's the problem.
Why immigrate legally when you can be flown in, bussed in, given a debit card and a cell phone by NGOs ?

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
I'm a criminal because I smoke weed. You're a criminal because you drive over the speed limit. Who gives a ****? Look at how incredibly difficult it is for someone from a Latin country to legally emigrate here. That's the problem.
I agree it should be easier, but illegally entering the county isn't a damn speeding ticket. It would be a crime if I DID it. Control of your borders is a fundamental function of a nation. Now if you want to know the real reason for it.... both Democrats and Republicans exploit illegal aliens (call them what they really are). They both love exploiting them and they have no recourse in our legal system. That's why illegal immigration is the WORST for the illegals themselves.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
Yes, including Mexico, VERY rural Mexico. 19 countries & 35 states.

I never said that it was all MS13 coming over. Most are legit looking to make a better life for themselves.

Even the ones with no prior criminal record who cross illegally looking for work BY THAT ACT are by definition criminals. It is a crime to cross the border without going through immigration and customs, even for US citizens.
The majority come in on a visa, and overstay it, which is not a criminal act.

Also, quoting an old sports movie, it's not a foul if the referee doesn't blow his whistle. We don't need a damn national immigration NIL to bless the bullshite already going on. That's not an improvement.

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021

once again trump was right. why are we getting the worst of the worst military age men from all the 5hitholes around the world? why are we not giving first choice to the best in the world that want to immigrate. because intelligent people who leave communist countries don’t vote for communists

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Sure. I get that illegal crossing is breaking a law, but saying they start their life here as criminals when they make their way to a border asylum point and claim asylum is a bit disingenuous.

If someone isn't arrested or charged with a crime even though it's know to have taken place...are they a criminal? One of those arguable scenarios thst lives in the wide gray area of social issues.

Both Trump and Biden tried to initiate a process that would send people who illegally cross, back to the other side and the same judge overruled both. This is worth mentioning since so many now claim nothing is being done and a cabinet member was laughably impeached last week for lack of results at the border.

• Sad

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Ain’t got a problem with immigration. It’s the illegal part I get irritated about. And the freebies they get to boot. Gang banger or not. They’re getting a boatload of free shitassery that not even homeless veterans, much less homeless, have access to. Show me how that ranks as high as it does on a national priority list and I’ll show you a political agenda.
Oh yes, all these asylum seekers are living it up and eating high off the hog with the 'freebies' they are getting.**
They aren't allowed to work for 6 months, per our laws, but you complain that they get free stuff. WT17 do you expect since we won't let them work for half a year?

As for your homeless vet comment, I can't respond to that because you cite no specifics.

• Sad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login