OT - Keep Your Head on a Swivel in FNEJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
If Russia is getting prepared to run the table then they‘re doing a ****** job in Ukraine. I just happen to believe they have economic interests in Ukraine and not WW3 aspirations. But no, he’s a mad man hey let’s needle him print more money then more
I take Putin at his word. I grew up in a tiny Mississippi School. The school library contained an old battered copy of Mein Kamph. It probably wouldn't be allowed now, but I checked it out and I read it. I was an ignorant backwater kid back then. Even then I knew that book was total bull ****. Putin is spouting stuff straight out of Mein Kamph. So is Trump. It scares the living daylights out of me.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Did I say that?

who knows what you agree on

massive allowed immigration is another way to put it. Besides, at what point in our history were we even able to control it?

not neccesarily.

Those that want the status quo, love immigration. They don't really care how they get it. It grows the economy and gets them money.
Yeah, you don't get it either. No surprise.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
I take Putin at his word. I grew up in a tiny Mississippi School. The school library contained an old battered copy of Mein Kamph. It probably wouldn't be allowed now, but I checked it out and I read it. I was an ignorant backwater kid back then. Even then I knew that book was total bull ****. Putin is spouting stuff straight out of Mein Kamph. So is Trump. It scares the living daylights out of me.
The powers that were back in the 70s and early 80s knew what they were about allowing that book to be on the shelves and allowing it to be checked out. It was disgusting. The thing is, many now on the left and the right would have little problem with it.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Stop making things up, so now Trump is Hitler too ? Lmao

TNDawg1

Oct 21, 2023
This is the prevailing establishment narrative. That progressives get to refight all the 20th century battles from defeating the Axis, to Civil Rights, to a new sexual revolution , etc. Then, I suppose, achieve political tenure and write their memoirs.

For their cause to be so great Putin = Hitler, everything is racist, and bottom surgeries liberate the soul.

Reactions: 85Bears

RotorHead

Mar 26, 2019
Oh yes, all these asylum seekers are living it up and eating high off the hog with the 'freebies' they are getting.**
They aren't allowed to work for 6 months, per our laws, but you complain that they get free stuff. WT17 do you expect since we won't let them work for half a year?

As for your homeless vet comment, I can't respond to that because you cite no specifics.
But you can respond to my generic disagreement with illegal immigration while citing no specifics just fine? If you’re going to respond to one thing, might as well respond to the other and not nitpick.
“We won’t let them work…” no 17er, not OUR problem. You come into OUR country, you need to assimilate to OUR rules. They want to work, 17in come into this country the right way and get right 17in to it.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
“We won’t let them work…” no 17er, not OUR problem. You come into OUR country, you need to assimilate to OUR rules. They want to work, 17in come into this country the right way and get right 17in to it.
^ This makes zero sense. Like none at all.

You counter my comment with saying they need to assimilate to our rules...well one of our rules is that asylum seekers aren't allowed to work for 6 months. And since the US created the rule and the US has to deal with the ramifications of its rule, yeah it is our problem.
Further, you say 'they' need to come into the country the right way and get right to it...what does that mean? Asulyum seekers that come into the US the right way are still not be allowed to work for the first 6 months.

It appears you are participating in a discussion about a topic on which you don't have a basic understanding. You want asylum seekers to do something they aren't allowed to do because of US law.

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
Oh yes, all these asylum seekers are living it up and eating high off the hog with the 'freebies' they are getting.**
They aren't allowed to work for 6 months, per our laws, but you complain that they get free stuff. WT17 do you expect since we won't let them work for half a year?

As for your homeless vet comment, I can't respond to that because you cite no specifics.
your ignorance and naïveté is off the charts. it’s clear you’re just a troll

Reactions: TNDawg1 and 85Bears

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
That's why illegal immigration is the WORST for the illegals themselves.
Illegal immigrants aren’t a special class of stupid. They wouldn’t flood over here if being an illegal alien here wasn’t generally better for them than staying put. Sure, some get put into awful situations (sex slave trade being the obvious example). But those are the exception, not the rule.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
This is the prevailing establishment narrative. That progressives get to refight all the 20th century battles from defeating the Axis, to Civil Rights, to a new sexual revolution , etc. Then, I suppose, achieve political tenure and write their memoirs.

For their cause to be so great Putin = Hitler, everything is racist, and bottom surgeries liberate the soul.
When Clinton wanted to bomb Yugoslavia so the CIA could carve out the corrupt drug trafficking area known as Kosovo, they had the press call Milosevich, Yugoslavia’s leader “hitler”, when we claimed Saddam had WMDs and the neocons wanted to invade Iraq, Saddm was “hitler” , now apparently because Putin doesn’t like NATO on his border , Putin is “hitler”. Trump also is being called “hitler”.

lol

TNDawg1

Oct 21, 2023
What in the post you criticize is incorrect?
We can’t take in but a tiny fraction of legitimate asylum seekers world wide. The current posture ranges from a vague shrug to telegraphing some type of blanket amnesty in the future, for lack of coherent alternatives. This should be a bipartisan issue and legislated without bundled expenditures. Biden should have been talking tough from day one and not waiting until places like NY and Chicago cried “uncle.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login