OT Mosquitoes

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
Word would spread fast in the hood I grew up in that the truck was in the vicinity. Somebody would see it blocks away from ours in another hood and we would all mount up on our bikes and go looking for it. Damn that stuff smelled good.
My family doctor has cows and horses and he says he dips them off and on all summer and mosquitos and ticks don't touch him from whatever it is that is residual on his skin days after dipping.
Up there with mimeographs that rolled through here recently. The smells of our youth.
Trying to think of other random things you don't smell much anymore. Closet I have is tourist places (and Sinclair gas station) used to have injection molding machines you put your quarter in and got a plastic Abe Lincoln bust, Dino the Dinosaur, etc. still warm with a distinct smell.

HomeBoyDawg

Oct 22, 2013
Up there with mimeographs that rolled through here recently. The smells of our youth.
Trying to think of other random things you don't smell much anymore. Closet I have is tourist places (and Sinclair gas station) used to have injection molding machines you put your quarter in and got a plastic Abe Lincoln bust, Dino the Dinosaur, etc. still warm with a distinct smell.
Every once in a while, I'll catch a whiff of something burning that reminds me of the woodburning set I got one Christmas. Thousand wonders why we're not all dying from something as a result of these smells--specially the mosquito fogger!

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
Google says: bifen it side effects:

• Humans
    Side effects can include eye irritation, such as burning and itching, and nose and throat irritation, such as sneezing, coughing, and wheezing. Other side effects include headaches, dizziness, convulsions, tremors, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and abdominal pain. Skin contact can cause tingling, itching, burning, or numbness, but these sensations are usually reversible and subside within 12 hours. The U.S. EPA classifies bifenthrin as a possible human carcinogen.
  • Animals
    Bifenthrin can be highly toxic to cats and dogs, especially when used improperly. In laboratory animals, exposure to high levels of bifenthrin can affect the nervous system, causing tremors. Animals exposed to very high levels of bifenthrin can also develop bladder cancer, but cancer is unlikely to occur at lower exposure levels.
  • Mosquitoes, fleas, ticks, wasps
    Murders them dead.

Too much sun exposure can cause sunburn, sun poisoning, or dehydration. Symptoms of sunburn include:
  • Red, warm, tender, or swollen skin
  • Pain, itching, or tingling
  • Blisters that may break
  • Headache
  • Fever
  • Nausea
  • Fatigue
  • Gritty or painful eye
Do you go outside?

Reactions: CochiseCowbell

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Google says: bifen it side effects:

• Humans
    Side effects can include eye irritation, such as burning and itching, and nose and throat irritation, such as sneezing, coughing, and wheezing. Other side effects include headaches, dizziness, convulsions, tremors, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and abdominal pain. Skin contact can cause tingling, itching, burning, or numbness, but these sensations are usually reversible and subside within 12 hours. The U.S. EPA classifies bifenthrin as a possible human carcinogen.
  • Animals
    Bifenthrin can be highly toxic to cats and dogs, especially when used improperly. In laboratory animals, exposure to high levels of bifenthrin can affect the nervous system, causing tremors. Animals exposed to very high levels of bifenthrin can also develop bladder cancer, but cancer is unlikely to occur at lower exposure levels.
You’re using it a couple of times a year for 15 minutes. The exposure is negligible

RivaDawg

Feb 26, 2008
Bifen IT in a fogger will change your life. I bought a fogger for my battery power tools set last year. I fog my yard twice a week as the mosquito season starts and then down to once every 10 days or so thereafter. I’ll hit it a few days before any outside party or cookout at my house as well just to be sure. It’s incredible.
Is there a difference between Bifen IT and Bifen 7.9?

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Is there a difference between Bifen IT and Bifen 7.9?
Yes and no. 7.9 % is the highest concentration I’ve ever seen commercially available. The IT could be 7.9% or lower concentration, you’ll just have to look at the label. It’s the same stuff. Bifen is actually a Termite poison.

Reactions: RivaDawg